Nightmare over. Happiness resumes.

[de...]

One year and one month is the time I have been ill due to this withdrawal but today I feel strong enough to say I am healed.

A supplement (GABA) and tetrazepam during two months introduced me into an anxiety world which was aggravated when my doctor prescribed more benzos trying to fight it.

My nightmare started in May 2012 and now I feel recovered. My last benzo was on October 2012.

I have to say you that all you are feeling, for real it looks, it is just an illusion created by benzo withdrawal and EVERYTHING you are feeling goes away, far far away.

Dizzies, blurred vision, anxiety, driving crazy feelings, tremors, cog fog, tinnitus, rapid heartbeat and all kind of unpleasant feelings go away.

Things that worsen my w/d: taurine prolonged w/d, I am sure.

Things that helped: Ginkgo, I can not say I am sure it healed me because I do not know it. I do not know I would be healed if I would not have taken it but I know that now I am healed, whatever reason. IMO ginkgo helped/healed.

I have to give you all my best wishes and my biggest cheers and thanks to everyone and particularly to people who were trying ginkgo with me, you were the only ones who helped me, even without even know who I am in real life.

Hi devant,

It goes without saying I am extremely HAPPY to ready this story...

I need to say that you helped me also and I wish you all the best

Cheers,

Adie

Hi devant,

It goes without saying I am extremely HAPPY to ready this story...

I need to say that you helped me also and I wish you all the best

Cheers,

Adie

Adie, I wish reading your success story soon.

Thanks for the inspiration and supplement knowledge. Congratulations on your recovery. Someday I will be posting mine :D

Dear Devant,

I am so happy to read your success story tonight. Blessings to you...may you have great health and much love in your life.

Congratulations,

Carita

Hi Devant,

Well, I am really glad to have been involved in your ginkgo experiments.

Although I haven't taken it for a while now, I've been a lot better during the most part of July, and I suspect ginkgo has helped with that.

Thanks for your discovery, and it still remains one very popular BB thread, I hope it helps many, expecially once we all figure out what are the best ways to use it, dosage, times a day, taper? etc.

Hope your feeling good continues!

Cheers:

So happy for you - whether it was Ginkgo or time the healing has come. Enjoy your regained health is is such a blessing.

Cheers to you, Devant!  I'm so happy for you AND for us all because this gives us hope for a bright future.

I notice that you started by being given GABA. When I was just beginning to have weight loss due to unknown reasons back in the spring, I was surprised that a chiropractor, a naturopath, AND a medical doctor all tried to get me to take this, each their own formulation they sold through their offices. I was already taking .5 mg of Ativan every evening. I was so disappointed that these 'other' practitioners I turned to for help were pushing so many supplements so carelessly. After seeing your history, I am glad I did not take any of them. They also tried loading me up with raw glandular products with extra vitamins added without even checking the "stacked" effect. For instance, I would have been taking 1,200 mcg of folic acid between 4 different supplements, which is way too much. Pretty careless.

I'm glad you are totally healed and thank you for giving us that beacon of light.  ~OneLove

Hi Devant - congratulations on your success. This is fantastic news. I am forever grateful that you started this thread and for all the bb members who participate to further help perfect the dosage, expectations and guidance for new members who can make a decision if they want to try. I am already feeling better in just three weeks after being mostly unchanged from month 6 to month 10 post benzo. Thank you so much and best wishes to you.

Hi Devant!

I don't need to tell you how glad I am to read this.

...and actually, I (and others) have to thank YOU for starting that ginkgo tread in the first place! Even though I had already recovered significantly, it was ginkgo that definitely put the final nail on the benzo-beast's coffin.

I will posting my success story in the coming days too... just need to trim those 20 pages I have in .doc  :laugh: :laugh:

All the best and if you come to Italy, send me a message !!

C.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so happy for you devant!  Thanks for posting. We love to hear stuff like this.

Please can back from time to time and leave a message, it means so much to the rest of us still fighting in pit for our freedom and bond to our benzo chains.

Hey Devant,

I think your English transcends any language barrier....YOU ARE HEALED.

That is the best thing you could possibly come back to tell us.

Thank you so much for sticking with it, not giving in, staying strong, staying the course and coming back to share it with all of us.

Best wishes as you proceed with your healthy life...

Stay well,

Causing

• 6 years later...