Drinking coffe

[Se...]

Hello everybody:

I have red that while tapering is better not to take any stimulants.

With breakfast I always drink a double expresso to be more alert mentally and physically. I have experience drinking it some days and stopping other days; I feel better drinking it. My question is: does it has a negative impact in the long run?

Thank you very much. 

Hi, Sergio.  Glad to see you posting around the board.  :thumbsup:

As far as coffee goes, I have never heard of it causing a problem in the long run.  I believe the reason you see people recommend not drinking it during a taper is because it tends to increase several w/d symptoms.  If you feel better drinking it and it is not making your taper harder, by all means, enjoy your coffee.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I too drink coffee. If I'm having a rough day I skip it but usually have a cup in the afternoon when my husband gets home, love sitting and relaxing with my husband for a couple minutes.

If you feel no harm in it go ahead and drink it. My problem is sometimes it makes my anxiety worse but you are the judge of that.

Amanda

Many people, including myself, can't tolerate caffeine during withdrawal.  It really amped up my symptoms during my walk through hell.  But, if it's not bothering you...don't worry about it.

Jen

I drank a cup or two of coffee during my first taper.  Can't drink it now because I have to have Thiamin (B1) injections each morning.  Coffee, even decaf, depletes thiamine.  So I'm coffee free, and boy do I miss it!

I agree with everyone else.  If it does not cause you any problems, by all means, enjoy it!

Missy