Anybody eat coconut oil straight up

Yes, Drew you are right.  Not a lot of grass fed cattle around here.  Just used to the hormone antibiotic dosed ones which I stay away from.

Peace and Blessings

Snufi

Sorry to hear that Snufi...I live in San Francisco so we are blessed with some great local farm food. I just started delivery from a local community kitchen that uses only coconut oil, olive oil, and grass fed butter to prepare all their meals. Everything is locally farmed and very tasty. Expensive but worth it. I feel way better in the last week. Coconut oil should be a big part of our diet. So much misinformation out there on saturated fats. We need them. Especially us. 

Drew

I will follow Etown's advice about keeping the symptoms no more than 70/30 (I am about 80/20 most of the time) and not push too much.

What is this about? 70/30.  80/20?  Sorry to digress, but I have been told to slow down further to reduce widrawals.  I'm frustrated and my dr says I deserve to feel better and not suffer as much. The thought of another 8 months or so depresses me.  :-[

Drew

70/30 - 80/20

This is a symptom rating method.  If you can keep your symptoms to the ratio of feeling about 70% good and only 30% bad then you should be at a level that will allow you to be functional and be able to manage day to day life.

It is just a way of listening to your body and not allowing things to get out of control which could force you into a long hold until you stabilize or worst yet - having to updose until you stabilize.

• 3 weeks later...
I had some last night before bed and it revved me badly... I woke up sweating, having racing heart, and anxiety. I looked it up online and it seems this is not an uncommon reaction.. But, really? Coconut oil?? I've never reacted to it like this before.

I eat 3 to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil per day. It revs me up a little but wears off after an hour or so. I also eat a very healthy diet of mostly meats and veggies. I only eat the organic, free range, grass fed stuff. It's a lot more expensive but worth it. I also have revolved my life around cooking. It's a full time job to eat right and I can't stand it. I know it's something that needs ti be done though.

Cool35 you are right about how much time is spent meal preparing if you are going to eat healthy.  I also buy hormone free grass fed meats and organic veggies.  I spend every weekend preparing meals for the week so that I don't have to come home from work every day to "what's for dinner?".

Sigh...........

Eliz,

That's what I do too. I am to the point where I can't really do it right now. It's been a chore to even get off the couch. It really gets me down having to cook all the time. It's become a full time job. I need to hire a cook lol!

Hey if you find a good one - see if they have a brother or sister who can come cook for me!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sometimes I am lazy and pick up some really great local mexican food on the way home.  I know this place cooks from scratch and does not use bad stuff - but this is usually only a couple of times a month.  We gotta have some vices!