Need a slow taper using titration

[...]

After making 3 cuts of decreasing size it looks like I will need a titration schedule with detailed instructions. I started at 1 mg klonopin (two .5 mg. pills once a day before bed) on March 27, 2008 and began tapering on May 11th. My first cut was .25 mg which I later learned was too much for me. My second cut was also probably too much, another .125 on May 24th. I held that cut until June 13th when I went down to .5625 (1 1/8 pill). I tried cutting another 1/8 pill on June 27 but am experiencing some difficult side effects so went back to .5625 today (June 30th). I'm so sensitive to medications that I think I need a much slower tapering schedule. I'm also a big baby when it comes to pain or discomfort of any kind  ::)

I don't have any of the equipment that Colin recommends for doing this and feel like I need a lot of hand holding right now (there's the big baby talking  :-[)

Thank you so much for any advice, help, etc.

Lynne

Hi,

I can work up a schedule that will start you off from 1 & 1/8 pills - no problem.

You will need a measuring cylinder (we recommend 100ml with 1ml increments), but I can fit a schedule to fit and size, with any size increments. A 10ml syringe body is quite useful too. Once you have your equipment, get back to us with start date (allow  a couple of days warning) and we will provide you with a personalised schedule.

Oh, and you will need to tell us the taper rate you wish to follow. If you are unsure, post here where details of past cuts that worked well for you (the size of cuts, and the period between the cuts), and we will help your determin what looks a good rate for you. The taper plan can be adjusted later for a different taper rate if the need arises.