has been taking zzzquil and benadryl for 11 days now.

50mg of benadryl for 7 days and 30mg of zzzquil for 4 days now. (3 days with 1mg of melatonin.)

am i taking it too much or too long?

should i anticipate any side effects?

if possible, would like to stop taking zzzquil or benadryl.

is it helping you sleep?

benadryl working on and off.

zzzquil and melatonin seems to be helping. but, not deep and long sleep.

broken, light, fake, and frequent wake up perhaps? better than no sleep though.

zzquill and benadryl are one and the same medication!

they are safe to take long term (many people need them for their allergies)

if you haven't experienced any side effects so far, chances are you're safe.

I tried melatonin and it didn't help me, but an occasional benadryl makes me sleep for 10-12 hrs straight.

Hang in there PO! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessings,

Amy

zzquill and benadryl are one and the same medication!

they are safe to take long term (many people need them for their allergies)

if you haven't experienced any side effects so far, chances are you're safe.

I tried melatonin and it didn't help me, but an occasional benadryl makes me sleep for 10-12 hrs straight.

Hang in there PO! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessings,

Amy

hi amy,

how long did you take bendryl or zzzquil?

did you take it everyday?

PO

I've used benadryl on and off since January, but I never took it for 2 days in a row. Once a week or less.

I sleep OK but I can't seen to be able to fall asleep before 2-3 AM and waking up at 11AM is not ideal...but at least I  get to sleep, right?!

Amy

PO,

Zzquil is the same as Benadryl. Are you taking them at the same time? Just make sure you're not taking more than 50 mg of Benadryl.  I took it for a while but not not every night and it really helped me sleep for a few hours. I would alternate Benadryl with vistaril so I wouldn't build up a tolerance. Good luck and I hope you have a good day, Jules

PO,

Zzquil is the same as Benadryl. Are you taking them at the same time? Just make sure you're not taking more than 50 mg of Benadryl.  I took it for a while but not not every night and it really helped me sleep for a few hours. I would alternate Benadryl with vistaril so I wouldn't build up a tolerance. Good luck and I hope you have a good day, Jules

hi jules,

what is vistaril?

is this a prescription drug?

where and how do i get this?

is this vistaril safe?

It's a prescription only antihistamine used for anxiety and sleep, maybe you could ask your doctor.i found that it helped me, but I didn't take it every night

It's a prescription only antihistamine used for anxiety and sleep, maybe you could ask your doctor.i found that it helped me, but I didn't take it every night

hi jules,

any dangers or side effects of this "vistaril"?

I think the trick is to try to find at least a couple of things that work independently of each other and use them alternatively.

When I have sleep problems I know that I can rely on some Endep (Amitriptyline AD) and some doxylamine. I take each one for two nights only and then I switch to the other one. That way I never build up dependency or resistance of either one.