How many do this . . . . . . . those who have legit health conce4rns?

I do the math 24/7.  I keep this though process going.  I dint mean to make light of those who suffer from hypochondria, but my life style was on a fast track to liver failure so I do have a more than legitimate concern

On one hand I did drink heavy and consumed pain killers which contained acetaminophen.  I have many symptoms that are consistent with cirrhosis.  Skin changes, muscle wasting, vision problems, ab pain, horrible stools, and joint and body pain. 

The other hand is I did take up to 3 mgs of xanax for well over 5 years.  I do have the internal tremor and riging in ears always reminding me. 

Maybe I should go on a liver support forum. 

The thing is the main thing that those who suffer from liver disease  easily tires and weakens easily.  I can go for a whole day with no rest and come back for more.  I work, swim, walk and run a little if myu feel can take it.  I only back down if my back or legs cant go anymore.    My appetite is invincible, yet those with liver problems have little or no appetite. 

Yes.  Several, but the more I read the more I find that even regular liver enzymes just indicate that it is working, but how well is it working.  I even told my doctor I am looking at the worst case scenario and she did not even order aq simple 7 panel, let alone a 10 panel. 

hi wornout,

This might sound horrible to you or others on this board but I was advised by a doctor (no joke) to lie to my other doctor in order to get the tests done that I needed (treadmill, ekg, etc., not liver). I told the doctor who wouldn't order the tests that I was having symptoms that I wasn't really having. Suffice it to say, I got the tests done.

Sometimes you have to be the squeaky wheel with a little white lie thrown in. I'm not advising that you do this but just sharing with you what I did. If you go to a doctor and complain of particular "red flag" symptoms and they refuse to order the appropriate tests then they face malpractice if anything goes wrong with you.

Hoping the best for you,

koko

Hello again wornout,

It is true that your liver has a lot of spare capacity and can apparently perform well until it runs out of spare. Even so, long before that time liver damage would usually change the blood levels of the more sensitive enzymes or your bleeding times.

A scan would also demonstrate any change in liver size or consistency.

This is not a problem you need to worry about in a vacuum. You can know the answer well short of a liver biopsy.

spartacus

i have noticed some coagulation and healing changes.  New allergies also.  I posted last March about itching after I eat and a few members offered a three word response, "Check Your Liver."  I had had suspensions before that anyway.  We know what we are doing to ourselves as we do them.  Its easier to shrug off when your all buzzed up on something.  I am speaking for myself.

Have you tried a liver flush?

Im going to give one a go this weekend, alternative medicines cure all. Ive talked with lots of people who have done this, alot of them to clear out all the gunk of their pharma pill use, they had lots of success aliviating symptoms they had. No its not scientific but science got me into this crap so now im looking outside of the box. Im doing the Hulda Clark epsom salt flush, before hating it have a read about the theory behind it and reasoning, makes way more sense thsn taking a benzo to anxiety heh!