need titration schedule and instructions

[...]

I have been taking 1mg of lorazepam once daily in the mornings. A compounding pharmacist recently made .9mg capsules of lorazepam for me and I'm on day five of the 10% taper. I think I'll hold here for two full weeks but I'm thinking of going to titration after that so that I can go very slow. I was feeling shaky and nervous tonight which I haven't been doing and also dull headaches. I have a 10ml measuring spoon for baby medicine that goes down to 1ml but has no measurements in between. Will that work or do I need the 100ml? I think I'd like a schedule where I just cut a little bit everyday. I think that might work better for me instead of the larger cuts.

A 10ml syringe might be the best option for you. It depend upon slowly you wish to make the taper. A 100ml cylinder will enable you to make very small daily cuts to your dose if you wish.

The 'spoon' doesn't sound suitable to me, but maybe I've misunderstood what you mean.

It's a medicine spoon for a child with a hollow handle and it goes from 1ml to 10ml with each ml marked in between but no other markings. In other words I would have to cut at least 1ml each time. Where can I get the 100ml cylinder and what would be a good schedule to use?

Thanks...Melissa

p.s. already been cutting 10% for the past six days via capsules made by my compounding pharmacist---- .9capsules.

Hi Melissa,

You can check with your local pharmacist, or buy one online. Just do a search for '100ml graduated cylinder'. The glass ones are easier to read.

Hi Melissa,

You can check with your local pharmacist, or buy one online. Just do a search for '100ml graduated cylinder'. The glass ones are easier to read.

Yes, glass cylinders are better. They are easier to clean too, as plastic is easily scratched. If it was me, I'd be tempted to buy one of each. Normally using the glass one, but having the cheap plastic one as backup if I broke the glass cylinder. ;) It should hardly add to the cost of postage either, if they come from the same supplier.