Update on Xanax to Valium taper...

[...]

;) Hi everyone !

UI wjust thought I would let you all know that so far the crossover is doing very well for me. I am gald I did it. I go back this Friday for another 2.5 off my taper and then later depending how I feel i amy ask him to slow down towards the end.

I do have 1 question though after stopping 1.5 of X a day how long does it stay in your baody as far as drug testing? A long time? I have been on it close to 6 years. I fear since I am not prescribed that any longer since I am totally crossed over to valium that it still may show up in a job test..any help here??

Bugs

I doubt it would. Even so, a benzo is a benzo as far as drug testing is concerned an so long as you are taking it according to a doctor's instructions you should be fine.

Hi Bugs,

The half life of xanax, (amount of time that half of the drug is cleared from your system) is 6 to 12 hours. So it should clear from your blood stream in a day or two. But as Tony said, though the xanax probably won't show up in your system, the valium will of course. So it doesn't make much diff. The metabolites may be similar.

You will still test positive for benzodiazapine.