Klonopin taper also on suboxone

[su...]

Have been on suboxone for 7 years 8mg. daily. started xanax in 2009 was up to 5 mg.

Tapered the xanax to 2mg. by sept. 2011 and held to sept 2012. Dr switched over to klonopin sept 2112 and I am still dry cutting but cant seem to get below 1mg.

I feel miserable, no appetite , depressed, bad anxiety, agorophbic etc. I feel like i have built a tolerance and cant get below the 1mg. The suboxone worked great when I was on just the sub. Doesn't seem to work the same and I also feel like the klon is making me sick(not tolerating well). I feel like going back on xanax and then maybe switching to Valium.

My body is not taking this well and I am considering going in for a medical detox which I know will be hell. I just dont think I can deal with feeling this lousy anymore and want to get it over with. I feel like I am in withdrawal for the past 2 years and just don't know how much more my body can take.( also a 62 year old male.) I did a ct from the xanax once and went through 3 weeeks of physical hell and then felt better. Now I have extreme financial problems, have not been able to function, no work and its hard for me to do anything. A ct at this point will drive me nuts mentally. Dr wants me to start on Remeron and I really dont want that and dont know if that will help.

I need off these benzos...Please anybody with similar experience let me know any suggestions.

I am at wits end. I should have been able to have gone further down on Klon but discipline is a problem as well.

• 7 years later...
This is an old post but I wanted to see how things worked out for you. I was on Suboxone for 12 years and was finally able to get off it a few months ago. It was a massive struggle but definitely worth it. Now I'm trying to tackle Valium which I'm down to 5mg of. It's really tough being hooked on opiates and benzos because the symptoms compound each other and it's easy to get the withdrawals confused. Tolerance withdrawal is also a real catch 22 to be in. Hopefully you see this and I hope things have worked out for you.