Drug Free for 9 Days!

[...]

Hi Everyone, just wanted to post my good news that I am off Ativan 2.5 mg after a speedy taper over 4 weeks. Came off quickly due to pregnancy.  I feel great!!!!  ;D I am sleepign better than I have since 2005 when I first went on benzos. I seem to be sleeping deeper and don't have anxiety about not sleeping either.

It has not been easy but it has been worth it.  Thanks to everyone here on the board who has giving me advice and helped me get through this. I felt guilty about being on Ativan while pregnant but now I feel proud to have stuck with the taper and got off as fast as I could.

that's wonderful, a great accomplishment and you have ever reason to feel proud. I have problems with insomnia but sleep deeper and dream(vivid and nightmares tho at times, but still!) when I sleep, which I never did on a higher ativan dose.

Thanks everyone!  Perhaps I celebrated too soon. Had my first night of insomnia until 5am yesterday oh no!!!  But it's no big deal. Took a sick day and now am mucking around on the computer, watching Ellen, eating ha ha!. Shoud sleep well tonight. 

Glori thats interesting what you said about dreams while on Ativan. When I first starting cutting my dose, boy did I get some mean nightmares!  I don't think I had dreams while on 2.5mg Ativan either.  The nightmares have stopped though (after about 2 weeks of tapering).