Total and complete 100% success after 22 months

[lo...]

I am so thrilled for you. Thank you for taking the time to write your story and offer all of us hope. All the best to you!

BenzoCalamity,

The post you quoted is from six years ago, so I don't understand your "relapse" remark.  It makes no sense.  Are you trying to be funny, or what?

Anyway, please stop.  It is not amusing, and it could be considered trolling.

Megan918

Administrator

BenzoCalamity,

The post you quoted is from six years ago, so I don't understand your "relapse" remark.  It makes no sense.  Are you trying to be funny, or what?

Anyway, please stop.  It is not amusing, and it could be considered trolling.

Megan918

Administrator

Megan, could you please delete my post? Cause some people consider it provoking and I couldn't delete.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank yo so much Lostdog!  Your testimony gives me hope and encouragement.  I'm at 11 months now and I feel that my timeline may be similar to yours, although I didn't take benzos nearly as long.

• 2 months later...

This is still my favorite 'go-to' success story  :angel:

I know this is inspiring much needed hope on here. You're a GREAT MAN, thank you and congratulations!  :clap:

Congratulations mate Honestly, you have given me a whole different insight into this.  I  have been tapering for a little over 12 months and today I had a slip up does this mean the twelve months is reset or do I sweat out the 5mg I took and land back at the same spot.????

I am in the same position "Will I ever feel normal again" and beginning to try and work out ways to deal with the way I felt, but I live and pray and hope that I can tell a ending like yours one day.

I'm so thankful for your story, especially today!!  Here I am at 13 months and I feel like there's no way out.  I am clutching ever so tightly on to what you've said, because I have come to the same conclusion that this may be how it is for the rest of my life.  I grasp to the hope that your story brings me!  The time span for healing seems to be overwhelmingly the same for many many people: 18-22 months.  Being of a more analytical and scientific type of mind, I am very curious as to why it takes the brain exactly this long to heal.  Hmmmm, on my list for future research.

I'm so thankful for your story, especially today!!  Here I am at 13 months and I feel like there's no way out.  I am clutching ever so tightly on to what you've said, because I have come to the same conclusion that this may be how it is for the rest of my life.  I grasp to the hope that your story brings me!  The time span for healing seems to be overwhelmingly the same for many many people: 18-22 months.  Being of a more analytical and scientific type of mind, I am very curious as to why it takes the brain exactly this long to heal.  Hmmmm, on my list for future research.

Hi Micky,

Did you C/T your medication?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I did.  I didn't even think it was considered a C/T because I was only on Ativan for 9 weeks.  I did about a 2 week taper, not much time, I know.  I basically cut the dosage in half every day for two weeks, give or take.

Thanks wind walker for bringing this back. This gives me more hope than most because I was on klonopin for 11 yrs and tramadol for 3 yrs. I have feared it's the 2 meds given together that has made me so bad n feared I can't recover completely. I'm 28 months off k and 26 months off tram. I was afraid c/t them so close together has given me perm damage. He did the same and 100% recovery. Im much much better but still so sluggish/ no energy and hurt for about 2 hours after every meal. Hopefully I can write a success story someday n pray u can too! Thanks again!!

Hi Jham,

How are you doing now?? I am 28 months out from my C/T and I still experience total short

Term memory loss, anxiety, depression, chronic dry eye and double vision. Have you seen any of your other symptoms improve or resolve since you wrote this post in 2017??

This is one of my absolute favourite success stories, I can mirror myself so clearly in everything and it givesme hope again and again whenever I'm stuck "I'll never heal" limbo.

I'm 18 months out 5th of May and I'm currently in that limbo at this very moment, and it sucks.

Thank you again and again for your story and I hope life is treating you well and sun is shining on your soul. 🎈❤️

I love Lostdog’s story, it is so comforting to hear from someone who recovered. It also causes me great anxiety to know that he had such a complicated history with multiple medications and he still healed completely by 22 months. I’m at 28 months and I still have no short term memory, constant dp/dr, constant double vision, depression, and anxiety. I understand that everyone’s healing journey is different, but I feel like I should have seen some improvement by now...

Hellbutrin, I think we might need more info on your situation.  You've seen my story here, at 11 months I was still having problems.  Here I am almost 14 months, very little improvement since 11 months.  At about 12.5 months, I was thinking I was really making progress, but that changed about a month ago and I'm back to where I was many months ago (at least I feel that way).  But, your story is a much longer one.  So, what do you think that might be holding back your recovery?  I had to quit drinking, and I'm 8 months alcohol free this week.  I lost 50 lbs, got into decent shape, and I don't eat as bad as I used to.  I do smoke about a half pack a day.  Are you diabetic, on any other medications, drinking, smoking, obese, or other?  These things could definitely be major factors in your slow recovery.  I think many of us don't realize the co-morbid factors that many people have in Benzobuddies.  We take the stories at face value, but if we knew such and such person just got divorced, or death in the family, was on other meds, drank, smoked, had cancer and is on cancer meds, or any of a plethora of issues; then we'd understand why the slow recovery.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Very encouraging to read. Can relate, thx. Been off 3 weeks and happy about that. Looking forward to things getting better and better! Not worse and worse.