Total and complete 100% success after 22 months

[lo...]

This gives me such hope. :) I am at month 19 and have seen no good changes in healing for a long time. Feels like it's going to last forever. Hopefully it won't be too much longer! I am ready to be able to workout again and feel good.

Lost Dog,

Thank you thank you thank you for your success story.  This is the one I reread a hundred times.  I WILL GET MY LIFE BACK!

Sofa

Fantastic!

And many thanks for coming back to post your sucess.

We all need to know that people really do recover fully.

May your days be wondrous

margaretisabel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, you listed all my symtpoms and gave me so much hope!

I'm sure you are off enjoying your life! You deserve it!

Thank you for writing this for us!

This is one success story that actually made me cry. I quit my addiction to Tramadol after eight years of use. I have been searching for a Tramadol and Klonopin story to give me some hope. Thank you so very much.

• 6 months later...

Fabulously written story (by LostDog in 2013) and I hope you come back to read all the people you've helped by writing your success!!

It bought tears to my eyes (YAY I can get tears in my eyes!), and I was so taken with what  you've been through that I went back and read your first 10 posts.    If you're reading this LostDog, big congratulations to you;  I hope you're NOT reading this and just getting on with your life.

Your post has made me vow to come back and write similar;  WHEN (and not 'if') I heal fully  :thumbsup::smitten:

thank you for writing

and so happy for you .. you did it!

I am 12 months of Klonopin ct.

and not doing so well

and feeling like it will never end

worst sx

is head pressure or feeling like my head wil explode

and

skin numbness everywhere

and also

my body sways ......... and

muscle wasting or weakesss...

I hope I can be like you :)

annette

Many,many,many thanks!  I cannot fully express how much I appreciate your story of hope!  You have helped us more than you could ever know ! I needed this exactly today to keep me going!

So happy for you Lostdog!

Thank you for sharing your story of strength, courage and hope.

Withdrawal is a nightmare I could not have imagined, reading your story renews my faith that I'm on the right path even though it awful right now.

Congratulation!

Such a blessing for you and your children!

May every happiness be yours always.  :smitten:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great story!  I needed to hear this uplifting story today. I know you posted this a long time ago but know that it still serves to encourage those of us in w/d right now.

I dream of the day I will write my success story.  It is a very exciting day dream.  I really hope I make it - thank you!

Thank you for sharing your success story!  I am so happy to hear your now 100%.  I was on 2 mg of Klonopin for 12 years, and I did a three month taper, and I am now in my 15th month since I finished my taper and took my last dose.  How long did you have diarrhea and extended stomach once you finished your taper?  Digestive issues are my biggest issue. 

Great story ! Thanks for posting , and I am so happy you have your life back , so encouraging for all of us who are still going through this ......

Enjoy your life!

MiYu

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone keep in contact with lostdog or know how he is? Would love to hear how he's doing now.. his story is referenced a lot and a favorite of many. If anyone can contact him- just to check in/ perhaps answer a few q/s that'd be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Thank you! I needed to hear this today and it made me cry. I feel at a very low point at 10 months off. Stifled and unable to function. So many symptoms and depression. So alone with it all - live alone. I feel like a freak and a loser. I will read your success story regularly I was on insanely high doses of Clonazepam and am mid 40's and only had a 2.5 month taper. So many similarities with you. I hope I can get through this nightmare too and with your grace and dignity and articulacy. You sound so happy I'm so glad for you. Bless you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to encourage others and i am so happy for you that your nightmare is over. I have extremely high bp as well......thats the reason i got on benzos to begin with.......and i can relate to all you describe. Im also in your age group and at 13 months out feel as though this will never end. And high dosage Kpin was my demon of choice as it was with you. Ive always known that with much suffering comes great joy and it sounds as if you finally have your joy. Your story has given me motivation to believe this nightmare will indeed end.......on its own terms and i really appreciate the hope you have given me. Have a great life! Ps-did you have actual hallucinations? Not hypnogogic, but actual seeing scary things that werent really there hallucinations?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lostdogs success story gives me hope unlike any other on this entire website so i thought i would reply to shuffle it back to the top for people who havent read it before. My wd is very similar to his and we are the same age with bp issues on high dose Kpin. This dude would probably be my friend in real life and his kindness shines bright like a light on the hill. Im so happy for him that his nightmare is over and he has found life again,  and my hope is that i follow a similar wd trajectory as his,  although i am not convinced of that- it is what gives me the most hope. Thanks for your story LD and im wishing you continued peace.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 16 months out; whenever I hit a bad patch I read your success story and know I'm okay; don't know how to thank you

Me too!

Thanks wind walker for bringing this back. This gives me more hope than most because I was on klonopin for 11 yrs and tramadol for 3 yrs. I have feared it's the 2 meds given together that has made me so bad n feared I can't recover completely. I'm 28 months off k and 26 months off tram. I was afraid c/t them so close together has given me perm damage. He did the same and 100% recovery. Im much much better but still so sluggish/ no energy and hurt for about 2 hours after every meal. Hopefully I can write a success story someday n pray u can too! Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...

I will be reading this very often.

So happy that you are free!

We will all have our success stories, I cannot wait till the day I write mine.