Long time tiny dose

[fr...]

I have been tapering off clonazepam for five months. I'm having severe withdrawal symptoms, both physical and mental. I was taking a child-sized dose as needed for about 5 years. I didn't know that I could get addicted so easily. To complicate matters I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have suffered from anxiety and depression since childhood.

Hello frus333, and welcome to BenzoBuddies!  You'll find a lot of information and support here.  Most of our members are glad to share their tapering and withdrawal experiences.

As you know the best way to get off benzos is to taper off if you've used them for any length of time.  The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Some taper faster and some slower than that, and the rate can be adjusted to meet your needs.  You can learn more about tapering on our General Taper Plans Board.  The second pink-highlighted post explains the three accepted taper methods.  Also:

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  She describes and explains withdrawal symptoms, and there is also a section with withdrawal/taper schedules.

Members discuss their symptoms on The Withdrawal and Recovery Support Board.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again, welcome!

Hello frus333,

Welcome to the forum from me too  :)

I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering. How fast are you tapering ? Perhaps you could let us know this as well as your current dosage when you create a Signature line.

The slow, gradual taper, within the guidelines that Megan has given you is advised to keep the withdrawal effects minimised, most people still have symptoms but they are usually fairly manageable. If the symptoms are too strong it is usually an indication that you are tapering too quickly and often by holding the taper for a couple of weeks and/or slowing down the taper rate one does notice a good improvement with symptoms.

Here is a link to The Klonopin Klub, a dedicated support blog here for members who are tapering from klonopin (clonazepam ) perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself there. I'm sure that the members there will be happy to assist you with sage tapering advice to ensure that the rest of your taper is as smooth and as comfortable as possible :

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=57791.msg1103564#msg1103564

I'm glad you found us and I wish you success with the taper.

Debbie