Addiction Docs talk

[Tb...]

Although taped and recorded on Oct of 2001, this revealing report on Gaba

and addiction provides a window into the wonderful world of treating people

addicted to alcohol as well as benzos. Bottom line: The medical community knows all about

benzo addiction it seems. Most of these docs are in the employ of the major drug companies.

There is a real player file of them discussing the problem. We are lab rats ,folks!

http://www.vcu-cme.org/gaba2/overview.html

T >:(

Oh boy, do they underplay the effects of benzo withdrawal :pokey: :pokey:

Sometimes I wonder why there are not more people on these benzo forums and then I think that maybe there are a lot of people being fooled into thinking something is really wrong with them.  These are the people who are polydrugged and getting all kinds of procedures done for stuff that is caused by benzos! WE are the few, the lucky ones!

I would like to  :muscle: :muscle: some of these, so called, experts!

Carole

I absolutely know people are being misdiagnosed.  I was diagnosed with severe depression and panic disorder.  IF I had either of those, it was caused by the benzos I was originally put on because of a reaction to another med.  Most doctors are idiots!!  Thank God for the internet or I'd probably still be messed up!

Jen

Thank God for the internet or I'd probably still be messed up!

No kidding, huh? And the "therapists" at the behavioral hospital wanted me to get off the internet!

jenilyn, what you say couldn't be more true. my son took a single prozac and it made him so hyper he couldn't sleep, couldn't eat and couldn't quit moving-he couldn't go to school and after a few days i called his doctor and they said his reaction to prozac indicated he was bipolar. they wrote out a script for a olanzipine and there was no internet so i looked it up in library in PDR--and that's an anti-psychotic. So i rang dr back, incredulous---i told them there was no way my son was bipolar and psychotic when the change was direct result of a pill--he was literally one way the day before and a different way the day after (he was prescribed prozac for insomnia--thinking being he had anxiety.)

Thankfully he never took any more AD's or bipolar meds or antipsychotics. But they did prescribe klonopin, which sounded OK to me at the time and he'd gone nearly a week with no sleep. But again, thankfully, he had a paradoxical reaction to just one klonopin and was wired instead of tired. The notion that a drug reaction=a (potential) lifetime of a mental illness label floors me to this day. I sincerely believe that the bipolar diagnosis is routinely given to protect pharma from lawsuits.

I sincerely believe that the bipolar diagnosis is routinely given to protect pharma from lawsuits.

While there are people who genuinely benefit form mood stabilizers, I too believe that many are wrongly diagnosed due to their reaction to other psychoactive drugs.

Quote from: Glori on Today at 01:17:36 AM

I sincerely believe that the bipolar diagnosis is routinely given to protect pharma from lawsuits.

While there are people who genuinely benefit form mood stabilizers, I too believe that many are wrongly diagnosed due to their reaction to other psychoactive drugs.

sadly, from my own experience i know this to be true.

(Just fixed the quotes! Tony)