Suboxone for withdrawal?

Has anyone tried Suboxone for withdrawal symptoms?  A friend of mine is going through benzo withdrawal and opiate withdrawal and is taking Suboxone.  I wonder if that will help with benzo withdrawal.  What do you think?

It is my understanding that suboxone doesn't do much for benzo w/d.  I think it's primarily used in opiate w/d.  From the reading that I've done, it can provided challenges of it's own as far as getting off of it.  But again, to my knowledge there is no real benefit taking suboxone for benzo w/d

Seroqul helped a litte, buspar did nothing, Wellbutrin does seem to work, and neither Pristiq.  I don't think my Latuda os doing anythig

Interesing enough, benedryl works wonders. I would take it when I had a panic attack, and withink 60 minutes, I felt like my own self.  now I take it when I'm very anxous.  It worked.  I'm thinking I could just taper off of it, and be done with this mess.   

I am not suggesting that you do this, everyone is diffent

Has anyone tried Suboxone for withdrawal symptoms?  A friend of mine is going through benzo withdrawal and opiate withdrawal and is taking Suboxone.  I wonder if that will help with benzo withdrawal.  What do you think?

I've read that opioids work on different receptors than benzodiazepines and it won't hurt benzo recovery. On the other hand it's just another rat poison and very addictive with it's own w/d.  I know some people can't handle benzo w/d because it's unbearable  and will try anything for relief. Benzo w/d in my opinion is much worse than opiate w/d or anything. I heard it said that opiate w/d is the first level of hell where people go that use Gods name in vain  and benzo w/d is the 10th level of hell where people like Dahmer and Hitler  reside in the frozen lake of fire.  Pick your poison. rstud

i am still on suboxone. i tried tapering from both benzo's and sub for years but couldn't. did a cold turkey from the benzo's and decided to stay on the suboxone until i am better from this. it's 15 months and i just started my taper. i will do this taper very slowly. it did help only with being like a little bit of an antidepressant. sometimes it's relaxing and sometimes it's not. i don't recommend using suboxone for more than 3 weeks. terribly addicting.

suboxone is not for benzo WD. It is called an partial opioid agonist.  That means that it bind to the opioid receptors and not the ones  that benos work on. It is a horrible drug, that is just as much trouble as the opioids.

It is also a controlled substance, meaning that it is only available with a prescription (legally).

You dont want to make things any worse.

fair winds, gs