mouth sores

Hi everyone:

Has anyone ever developed mouth sores while tapering?  I am 62 and wear an upper plate.  About a week and a half ago I felt a stinging and rawness on my palate.  My husband took a flashlight and checked and said it looked like the herpes he occassionally has inside his mouth.  I didn't catch it from him because he has not had an outbreak in a couple of years.  I went to the emergency room this week for chest pains (determined it was only withdrawal) and had the ER doctor check my mouth.  He didn't think it was herpes.  He thought it was an infection.  Told me to see a dentist.  I was not able to get an appointment until this coming week.  I thought it might be an infection or ill fitting denture so I started keeping it out as much as possible (all night and day) unless I have to eat.  My husband has continued to check it twice a day and has said it is getting progressively better, until today when a new one appeared.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do for the pain and how did you clear it up?  I am getting really nervous thinking I have an infection in my mouth and will have let it go for two weeks before it can be determined what it actually is.

Nancy

Hi,

I had occasional mouth sores during my first 6 months off Xanax.  They were canker sores, and healed on their own.  Even more bizarre, my gums receded during this time (per dental measurements), but when I went back to my dentist three months later they'd returned to normal per measurements.  Definitely withdrawal related in my case.

:thumbsup: