Fatigue and Inner restless feeling...

Hey friends...Still struggling with this fatigue and exhaustion everyday...how the heck can this be.  Quick question,  for those of us with this fatigue, when you sit or lie down do u ever have this restless anxiety nervous feeling in your limbs?   Its like once I sit down or god forbid lay down my body mostly limbs feel antsy, anxiety, trembly type feeling which makes it impossible to rest feels like u need to move.  Also does your muscles feel sore?  Every muscle in my body when touched or massaged is sore.  Anyone with this?

Yes, every single one of those, had it before benzos, its what brought me to benzos, now its a thousand times worse. Its a classic characteristic of Adrenal Fatigue.

Hello Kimmy,

I had akathisia on mirtazapine...absolutely compelled to move, distressed, unable to sit or lie...its why I was started on benzos :( You could be describing this.

It's a movement disorder and totally horrible. I've had two recurrences during tapering...it does happen in withdrawal...one of them at least triggered by magnesium. Which is interesting because magnesium can be used to try to treat akathisia.

I started a thread "akathisia" a while back and got some interesting ideas to help it. You could search for it.

For your sake I hope it isn't this. If it is...it always goes away in time.

Take care,

spartacus

Thanks for the replies...one question with akasthisia do u actually see movement or feel like inner body anxiety, restlesd or antsy?  I can't see actua movement, but it does feel like I need to move....this feeling is horrible

PS Kimmy,

I notice you stopped metoprolol...beta blockers can be used to treat akathisia, usually propanolol, but one person in the "Akathisia" thread associated the start of this symptom with taking metoprolol.

spartacus x 

Hello again Kimmy,

Sorry cross posted.

There is no actual movement...just the inner body, restless, antsy feeling you describe...like total body restless legs.

I'll look for the thread and bump it for you.

spartacus x

I have the same. Feels like you are going to crawl out of your skin but yet too tired and fatigued to even sit up and do anything about it. When I have better periods it goes away so I know it will pass for good
  • Like 1

Kimmy,

I have this right now. It has been my current wave. My limbs feel like they are trembling inside and laying down or sitting gives me no relief. It is constant. The fatigue and exhaustion are still present too. My muscles ache and if one of my kids even touches me it is very sore. I haven't tried an Epsom salt bath yet. Heard it may help. Have you tried that?

Healingnow

Healing, no I haven't tried it yet...this feeling is horrible...its in my arms and legs... :'( my son graduates today dont know how ima do this...please pray for me. ..if u try it let me know how it works...this fatigue is killing me too...

Hello Kimmy,

I'm so sorry this is still going on...it will stop, it always does...but it's awful at the time, the symptom I most fear.

If it is akathisia, the fatigue comes from sitting with it, restraining the urge to move. Giving in, walking, is actually less tiring if you're capable of it. I also got the impression the muscle pain and tightness was less after the event if I kept my muscles loosened up.

I cannot imagine having to sit through a graduation feeling as you do. I'll be thinking of you.

Take care,

spartacus x

Healing, no I haven't tried it yet...this feeling is horrible...its in my arms and legs... :'( my son graduates today dont know how ima do this...please pray for me. ..if u try it let me know how it works...this fatigue is killing me too...

I sure will pray for you. I was in tolerance wd last year during my daughter's graduation. I didn't know if I was going to make it my sxs were so bad. But, the joy and happiness of the event and in the crowd I believe sustained me. At least it was good distraction. I just took it a step at a time. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

:smitten: H

Well I made it to the graduation guys, on the outside I looked great on the inside I felt like crying with all the horrible wd symptoms while trying to fake it and watching all the mom's cheer their kids on, so happy and healthy  I managed to stay til the end, went home and retreated to my bed.  Gosh this has to end.  Thanks for the prayers guys.