Knee and hip joint pain and stiff lower back. Wd ?

[mc...]

[76...]
I have hip joint pain - I know others have it too but I don't know just how common it is.  Mine only started in withdrawal and I was fit and active before this.

The pain intensified for me as well, mcaveman. IF there is a chance of rain in the weather forecast, my hips and knees, shoulders, forearms are stiff and pain is much worse.

Hoping that every day will get better.

T2

The pain intensified for me as well, mcaveman. IF there is a chance of rain in the weather forecast, my hips and knees, shoulders, forearms are stiff and pain is much worse.

T2

That's called arthritis.

Hi all,

I got the pain after stopping K (via V)--about two weeks after. Knees, back, and hips

especially when going up stairs.

There were several complaints about this when I got online to check it out.

I started taking some Mg and other bone minerals (strontium, boron and the like, along with a

small amount of calcium) and it has mostly abated. Anecdotal, I know, but what does

everybody else think?

You're not an isolated case. Feel better,

Ignatious

[76...]

Interesting, Ignatious.

Several questions:

1.  How much magnesium and other minerals did you take? 

2.  And what type of magnesium etc did you take? 

3.  How soon after taking the supplements did your pains abate? 

4.  And how long did you take the supplements for in total or are you still taking them?

Thanks!

I have a ton of joint pain, hands, hips, ankles, shoulders. I think its a pretty common w/d symptom from the searches I have done.

Hi Celeste, you wrote (and I'm not an expert yet at copying/pasting like the rest of this group yet):

Interesting, Ignatious.

Several questions:

1.  How much magnesium and other minerals did you take? 

2.  And what type of magnesium etc did you take? 

3.  How soon after taking the supplements did your pains abate? 

4.  And how long did you take the supplements for in total or are you still taking them?

Thanks!

---

1. I have stopped the magnesium citrate because it has bugged my stomach, but the pain is still pretty much gone

and hasn't returned. I took much less than the recommended dose as I'd take a capsule apart and

put it in my soup. More on the other minerals below.

2. Thorne magnesium citrate

3. I think it was a few days--not a long time at all.

4. Just a few days. I'm looking to try mg. glycinate. Still floundering around on that one.

Re the other minerals: strontium, etc., are in Dr. Wright's AM formula: and I took about one cap a day

so I wasn't getting the full amount. It had zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, molebdenum (whoops on the spelling),

boron, silicon, strontium. I also took vitamin d3 drops.

Am on hiatus for a while, but the pesky back, hip, knee pain is pretty much gone. My fingers were also hurting

and are still ok. You can google Dr. Wright's site for the doses. Again, I was taking less than recommended.

Hope this helps,

Ignatious

The Ashton manual says benzos lower the body's immunity and since arthritis is an auto immune disorder I am not surprised any sensitivity there is flared. I have hip pain that is new in WD for me. But, my other joints where I have known arthritis are flared as well.  :-\

I need to get back to the Mg and other minerals as I can feel the pain slowly creeping back, but what I took

really did help.

Keep the faith, everybody.

Ignatious

I am happy to report that my joint pain is pretty much gone. It was so bad for about two days it was hard to stand or walk for any extended period. Thank god because I have my knee surgery in two days.

This is good news! I am in a wave of joint pain. You reminded me that it doesn't last. Good luck with the surgery.

T2

That's called arthritis.

Yes, but guess what? Normal arthritis during w/d is arthritis on steroids.

So it is NOT just arthritis...

Thanks it went smooth and no benZos.. :thumbsup:

Man, good luck! I am unable to walk more than a few yards right now. A week and a half ago I was still walking 6 miles a day and jogging. Maybe a month ago I could barely walk because of my left toe - probably arthritis. The worst attack ever, by far.

Now it may be a groin pull. It comes and goes. If I do not walk at all, it becomes almost normal, but walking is the thing that I love to do the most to calm down. :(

Thanks Gaer....

Arthritis on steroids is so right-on! Have had bouts of arthritic pain before benzos. After benzos, the arthritic pain is the absolute worst! Also, have this burning in my heels. Have tried taking different types of magnesium and every type caused intestinal distress, even cutting the dose in half. Guess we just keep on keepin' on. Wish none of us had to go through this!

....T2

Thanks Gaer....

Arthritis on steroids is so right-on! Have had bouts of arthritic pain before benzos. After benzos, the arthritic pain is the absolute worst! Also, have this burning in my heels. Have tried taking different types of magnesium and every type caused intestinal distress, even cutting the dose in half. Guess we just keep on keepin' on. Wish none of us had to go through this!

....T2

T2, if we do not have a good sense of humor going into the hell, we will sure as hell develop one while in it!

I was limping the other day and suddenly thought of Gun Smoke, from the 50s.

You know, when Wilma and Fred were around...

Suddenly I am trying to figure out the name of a character played by Dennis Weaver. Could not think of the character. I went around for two days trying to remember that name.

Then all of a sudden Senior Turret's Bingo Syndrome hit as I was out walking.

I shouted out "CHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think I set off a car alarm... :)

Gary

Jeez, Gaer, remind me that I'm old, ok? It's ok. Yeah, I remember Gunsmoke and I could not remember the

character's name until you let us know. Thanks for saving my memory cells the trouble.

Yeah. My hips were really hurting along with my knees and shoulders and I've resumed

the Mg.

Teacher2, I have a friend who takes a form of Mg which is easier on the gut. Will let you know

what that is. Waiting for her to wake up first.

All my best!

Ig

Jeez, Gaer, remind me that I'm old, ok? It's ok. Yeah, I remember Gunsmoke and I could not remember the

character's name until you let us know. Thanks for saving my memory cells the trouble.

Yeah. My hips were really hurting along with my knees and shoulders and I've resumed

the Mg.

Teacher2, I have a friend who takes a form of Mg which is easier on the gut. Will let you know

what that is. Waiting for her to wake up first.

All my best!

Ig

Well, I don't know if it is my hip or a groin pull. I'm limping, barely able to walk. So far that is all I know...

Thanks, Ig. I tried the citrate & glycinate forms. Both caused intestinal distress. Cannot do the Epsom salts in the bath as I am afraid to get into the tub and even more afraid to try and get out of it.

Gaer, Tonyte( :D ) I remembered that I put an ice pack on the torn groin muscle area every few hours. About 15 minutes worth. Used those ice packs that you crush and they are disposable. That might help with your pain.

T2

Thanks, Ig. I tried the citrate & glycinate forms. Both caused intestinal distress. Cannot do the Epsom salts in the bath as I am afraid to get into the tub and even more afraid to try and get out of it.

Gaer, Tonyte( :D ) I remembered that I put an ice pack on the torn groin muscle area every few hours. About 15 minutes worth. Used those ice packs that you crush and they are disposable. That might help with your pain.

T2

The problem for me was that I never had any pain until I put weight on the right leg, and then nothing helped. I can stand a lot of pain, so the pain was not the problem. It was that something was really wrong, and that I was injuring myself. I had to find out what was wrong.

Something has changed. Instead of sharp pains going down my leg, into my hip and through my butt, right side, I am now able to slowly move to standing on my right foot, without pain. It takes several seconds to test it out, then I can walk slowly.

I walked 42 minutes last night. I plan to try again tonight. It now feels stiff, which feels more like healing. Anything that does not put full weight on the leg/foot is fine. That's a lot better. Last night I was able to push off in a pool, full speed, and I could do a full breast kick, no pain.

For anyone who is interested I will keep reporting in.

I was barely able to walk about 6 weeks ago from a totally different problem, left foot. It was as if my big toe was impossible to use. I could not even push my foot into excellent running shoes. I had to ease into the left shoe, laces very lose, then slowly get used the shoe. Then I could tie the laces. I was limping so badly at first that everyone at work asked me what happened. Two weeks afterwards I was running again.

This stuff is just WEIRD. :(

After I tore my right groin muscle, I learned NOT to get up fast or make any sudden movements...slow and steady....slow and steady.

After I tore my right groin muscle, I learned NOT to get up fast or make any sudden movements...slow and steady....slow and steady.

Absolutely!

I have learned to get up slowly, place both feet carefully, stay in place to feel for pain.

Next rock a bit from foot to foot, still feeling for pain. Then balance on left foot, slowly moving weight totally on that foot, hold for a couple seconds, again testing for pain.

Then slowly start walking with tiny shuffles, like a man 110 years old. Test things out. Move gently.

I shuffled out of the house that way tonight, gradually moved into a very VERY slow walk, then eased into a normal walk. I made a complete 60 minute walk, but I had to be very careful. I still feel twinges, but this is the best it has been. It will stiffen up some now, because I got in about 1/2 hour ago. In 24 hours I will have more of a feel for what is next. It it gets more painful, I did too much. If it feels about the same, I may be OK.