Author Topic: Knee and hip joint pain and stiff lower back. Wd ?  (Read 1109 times)

[Buddie]

Knee and hip joint pain and stiff lower back. Wd ?
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:33:52 am »
These are new symptoms and are scary are these common?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Knee and hip joint pain and stiff lower back. Wd ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 02:13:41 am »
I have hip joint pain - I know others have it too but I don't know just how common it is.  Mine only started in withdrawal and I was fit and active before this.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:00:51 am »
my low back has been teribble since tapering and stoping klonopin

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 04:30:36 am »
The pain intensified for me as well, [...]. IF there is a chance of rain in the weather forecast, my hips and knees, shoulders, forearms are stiff and pain is much worse.

Hoping that every day will get better.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 03:17:58 pm »
The pain intensified for me as well, [...]. IF there is a chance of rain in the weather forecast, my hips and knees, shoulders, forearms are stiff and pain is much worse.

Hoping that every day will get better.

[...]

That's called arthritis.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 09:16:57 pm »
Hi all,
I got the pain after stopping K (via V)--about two weeks after. Knees, back, and hips
especially when going up stairs.
There were several complaints about this when I got online to check it out.
I started taking some Mg and other bone minerals (strontium, boron and the like, along with a
small amount of calcium) and it has mostly abated. Anecdotal, I know, but what does
everybody else think?

You're not an isolated case. Feel better,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 01:59:32 am »
Interesting, [...].

Several questions:

1.  How much magnesium and other minerals did you take? 
2.  And what type of magnesium etc did you take? 
3.  How soon after taking the supplements did your pains abate? 
4.  And how long did you take the supplements for in total or are you still taking them?

Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 02:04:30 am »
I have a ton of joint pain, hands, hips, ankles, shoulders. I think its a pretty common w/d symptom from the searches I have done.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 02:26:09 am »
Hi [...], you wrote (and I'm not an expert yet at copying/pasting like the rest of this group yet):

Interesting, [...].

Several questions:

1.  How much magnesium and other minerals did you take? 
2.  And what type of magnesium etc did you take? 
3.  How soon after taking the supplements did your pains abate? 
4.  And how long did you take the supplements for in total or are you still taking them?

Thanks!
---
1. I have stopped the magnesium citrate because it has bugged my stomach, but the pain is still pretty much gone
               and hasn't returned. I took much less than the recommended dose as I'd take a capsule apart and
               put it in my soup. More on the other minerals below.
2. Thorne magnesium citrate
3. I think it was a few days--not a long time at all.
4. Just a few days. I'm looking to try mg. glycinate. Still floundering around on that one.
Re the other minerals: strontium, etc., are in Dr. Wright's AM formula: and I took about one cap a day
   so I wasn't getting the full amount. It had zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, molebdenum (whoops on the spelling),
boron, silicon, strontium. I also took vitamin d3 drops.
Am on hiatus for a while, but the pesky back, hip, knee pain is pretty much gone. My fingers were also hurting
and are still ok. You can google Dr. Wright's site for the doses. Again, I was taking less than recommended.
Hope this helps,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 10:18:17 pm »
The Ashton manual says benzos lower the body's immunity and since arthritis is an auto immune disorder I am not surprised any sensitivity there is flared. I have hip pain that is new in WD for me. But, my other joints where I have known arthritis are flared as well.  :-\