SSRI hindering recovery sleep?

[cr...]

I am desperate to get some good sleep.  I have taken Seroquel in the past on a very PRN basis to help me sleep.  For a few weeks in October I think I took it regularly.  It helps me sleep, but I sleep too long and I still don't feel rested.  I don't want to become dependent on it either to sleep.  Since my second day at the hospital and since I have been back home (9 days total) I have not been able to sleep except if I take the Seroquel.  If I am sleeping it is so light I don't even know I am doing it.  It seems like I am lying in bed all night tossing and turning.  Going on this many days with no relief in site I am wondering when this will go away and if my newly perscribed SSRI is aggravating it.  Historically since trying to get back on an SSRI, insomnia is usually always a side effect for me.

When I first tried to step down all the way off Klonopin I had trouble sleeping, but I did get sleep, with horrible nightmares/ very vivid dreams.  Ashton says that although uncomfortable this is a sign that the brain is healing. 

Since I went to the hospital and got switched over to Valium and was prescribed Fluvoxamine (now already up to 150mg a day) I haven't been able to sleep.

I believe that SSRI's also cause a disturbance in REM sleep.  Yes?  Could taking this actually be hindering my recovery?

[97...]