acupuncture -- please read this

[Fl...]

my klonopin withdrawal has been so much easier since I started acupuncture, and I want to encourage all of you who can afford this alternative treatment to at least give it a try.  I have had four sessions so far and now plan to go twice a week versus once.  I had been suffering from extreme anxiety since my Klonopin taper began and just now experienced 5 days in a row without any w/d symptoms.  of course, I will be curious to see what happens when I dry cut another .125 tomorrow; but in preparation for the first typically difficult week of a decrease in dosage, I have already scheduled my next two acupuncture sessions.  there is quite a bit of research on how helpful acupuncture can be for Benzo withdrawal. in any case, I have also started a twice a week yoga class, once a week massage and walk my dog immediately upon eating breakfast.  all of these things are helping me tremendously and I am sharing this information because I am experiencing ways to make a very tough situation more manageable; and, at the very least, i feel that i am being as proactive as I can. again, my knight in shining armor is the acupuncture.  read about it.  try it.  I am fortunate in that I can afford the massage and yoga, etc; but there might be acupuncture schools that will accept a reduced payment.  Flannery

Hi Flannery,

I'm glad to hear you are finding help through acupuncture.  I had my 4th session today.  I have them once a week, and also believe it is helping me.  Since I started the acupuncture I haven't had a sleepless night. I am able to fall asleep earlier and am now getting up around 9 am rather than 11 or noon. 

Another thing I find helpful is I'm using EFT - which is also referred to as needle free acupuncture.  I absolutely know it is helping with many of my sxs and also lowering my cortisol levels.  I had been practicing it on my own for a couple of months - using it here and there. This past weekend I went to a 3 day workshop and got some intense one on one with the instructor and then worked with the group attending the workshop.

If you haven't heard of EFT - google it.  I used youtube videos to learn how to do it.  There is a documentary called The Tapping Solution that is worth watching.  I have posted some other things on it on a thread under alternative therapies.

My acupuncturist said that using the EFT will reinforce the acupuncture treatments and I'll need less of them. 

I highly recommend both the acupuncture and the EFT for helping us to heal from this horrid experience.

Healing to all of us,

Sally  :angel:

I am also getting very good relief from acupuncture. Many cities have "community acupuncture @ places that charge on a sliding scale.

I went to accupuncture and it revved me up big time... Not sure ifit was the stress of the appointent itself or the treatment. I am going to try again, but the reaction was powerful. Ill check back in, my appointment is tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I second the EFT...very helpful.

I was doing acupuncture early on just after stopping the benzos...and sometimes I was too revved up to lie down.  Now, I may revisit it, as I am not as revved up.

Blessings and continued healing to everyone!

Hi,

I third the EFT. It greatly helps with anxiety and other w/d effects.

We're all getting closer to healing,

all my best,

Ig

123Becky, it's free, and it works on acupuncture meridians.

I attend a free EFT support group every two weeks.  I'm thinking of starting one in my home.  Very helpful on many levels.

Group tapping has also been very beneficial.

I'm grateful for the gentleman who conducts the free intro classes and support groups.  I see him weekly for individual sessions also.

I'd like to try this but I'm just so anxious that I can't leave the house. I've been trying EFT at home but find it difficult to concentrate and not wander.

Hi Formula1,

keep trying..it can take some time.

I've done EFT in the shower when I'm more relaxed.

All my best,

Ig

I think I have to wait till the brain clears enough to focus, might be some time before that happens. I'll definitely give it another try when it's not so foggy.

thanks for posting this flannery

I went to acupuncture at the beginning of my taper and found it helped with insomnia, I now think I will go back and give it another try for the withdrawal symptoms. We have community acupuncture  where i live, it costs $20-30 a visit.

FOR ANYONE AFRAID TO LEAVE THE HOUSE: I went acupuncture while in  acute withdrawal. When I called to make the appointment I asked when  the quietest time to come in was, and told them why. They were very understanding about my anxiety/agoraphobia. I was treated with kindness and not any judgement. It was as nice of an experience as they could make it be. The first visit, I had the room with 4 recliners to myself! I doubt that was a coincidence .  So, if anyone is still reading this, good luck.