Need help titrating off of Klonopin by liquid titration or substitution.

[cr...]

I saw that I was supposed to formally post here for Colin to assist me in creating a taper plan.  So, hello Colin, I am so thankful you have dedicated yourself to helping others with this need.  :)

I am unstable right now, and am unsure of what dose I should go back up to.  I tried tapering myself and was unsuccessful because I went too fast.

Here is the link to my thread.  It contains my detailed story at the top and a summarized version of my attempt to withdrawal with dosages and dates a bit further down.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=8333.0

It has been suggested that I try to stabilize on .25mg of Klonopin twice a day.  As you know, .5mg is the smallest tablet this drug comes in, so to achieve a slow taper I will have to either switch to Valium or do a liquid titration with Klonopin in order to cut down by 10% every one to two weeks.

.5mg BID was the last dose I was on where I was somewhat functioning.

Thank you for your help from the bottom of my heart.  This is the scariest ordeal I have ever been through.

-michelle <3

Hi Michelle,

just to let you know again, he will be away for a few days. But he will fix you up when he gets back. It's probably better that way since you are seeing your doc monday. See what he will give you. Print him out the info on valium crossover and the liquid titration and discuss them both with him.

IMO, I think you will do better on a klon titration, but only because that was your original benzo which you were on up until last week, and that is all you have for this weekend. I really would rather not see you switch back to valium again after the weekend. It's not great to keep switching back and forth. But if valium is all he will give you, then we can help you taper from that too.     

Thanks. :)  I know he's out of town, I just thought I had to post here too. 

You have posted in the exact right place!

Hi,

I'm taking the weekend off the forum. I'll look at this again on Monday. In the meantime, you might choose to use titration (a simplified method perhaps) to help you stabilise your dose if you are having trouble splitting your tablet reliably, or are suffering interdose withdrawal effects.