Muscles....

Ok im going to give it a try with describing this...

Anyone has very tight tensed muscles, no pain,  in the head and body?  I have head pressure too but this is different.  It fluctuates from the muscles in my scalp and the back of the head.

Second thing is if im doing anything physical all day once I lay down my muscles all over feels icky and sore...even my butt muscles. 

Its like once sitting or laying down to rest my body feels so jittery, nervous, anxious and tensed everywhere...

Anybody get this?  Showers doesnt help any...or pain relievers, guess because its no pain.  With the head tightness comes a lightheaded feeling.

Hello kimmy,

I got akathisia as a side-effect of mirtazapine...this is why I was first prescribed a benzodiazepine.

Since that awful time I've had recurrences a couple of times and restless legs regularly.

Sometimes for no apparent reason the restless legs becomes more diffuse...restless arms for sure and, indefinably, elsewhere. It's not akathisia...I've had that several times now with different triggers and there is no way to sit while it's on board. With this I can sit but am horribly tense, aching, fidgety...and unhappy.

It passes quite quickly, a couple of hours. I'm sure the last time it happened it was related to taking magnesium the same day...to try to help sore, tight muscles.

Do you take magnesium or anything else?

spartacus

I tried mag for the heart palps and muscles...didnt help at all...its crazy cause my muscles feel tensed, weak, fidgety etc. ...

You ever have the tightness? I have it in the head and body...mostly my head gets really tight even in the scalp...it sort or moves around then the pressure starts especially if im anxious which is always these days...its like I live in anxiety everyday now...

Hi kimmy,

Anxiety/agitation/restlessness to varying degrees are my background, my wallpaper.

My muscles are tight as part of this and, during tapering, I think as a direct result of losing the benzo muscle relaxant effect. This earlier tightness could be incredibly painful, some muscles sore to the touch.

Now, the back the back of my neck and head and shoulders are always tight and stiff...other muscles I'm only aware of if I move or twist suddenly. Then they can spasm or pull, occasionally cramp until I bruise.

The tight head and scalp I can easily escalate to tension headache if I'm stupid.

My hot water bottle is my friend :crazy:

spart x

Sounds very similar....yes I can definitely escalate my tension especially because it scares me and makes me anxious. ..

Hi,

I'm french. Sorry for the translation.

I also have all stiff mucles from cold turkey 10 months ago.

As the intestinal muscles and you?

No improvement. I do not know what to do.

Magnesium not have much effect.

I also think it's the opposite effect of muscles relaxants benzos.

What horror these poisons!

We must be strong but it's very difficult.

Mavuli

Kimmy,

I understand what your going through as muscle tightness was one of the worst of my many sxs during the first six to seven months.

It's has pretty much passed except for some minor tension in my forehead area and behind my eyes It will come and go with bouts of severe tinnitus along with that slight lightheaded or "boaty" feeling. Hopefully this passes soon.

I'm not sure if I have the boaty feeling. I definitely feel as though I'm walking on water sometimes...and never in a good way.