Author Topic: Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody  (Read 5217 times)

[Buddie]

Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:24:47 am »
Somedays from the second i wake,up I have lyrics stuck in my head and they just play over and over. It comes on for days at a [...] and then goes away for days. Is this OCD?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Lyrics stuck in head? Anybody
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »
I have that too...dunno about it being OCD though.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:00:34 pm »
Nope. At least I dont think so. But perhaps someone else will speak up about this and educate us both.
I know I heard looping music a long, long [...], and it frightened me terribly. I was sure I was losing my mind. I was convinced no one else had this symptom. But I found out others did. I started a thread about it....you might try a search for " looping music " and come across it. It was a VERY reassuring thread for me!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »
This is really common and has nothing to do with benzodiazepine withdrawal as far as I know.

Check out this book: http://www.amazon.com/Musicophilia-Tales-Revised-Expanded-Edition/dp/1400033535

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:36:09 pm »
I have this everyday - I don't sleep well and when I wake usually around 4 am I always have lyrics in my head..It's so weird, and I'm not ocd - just someone who is in her 6th month of detoxing...It sucks, because if it's a good song you really never want to hear it again after it playing in your mind for hours..

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »
I've had this all my life. Sometimes it is music, sometimes words. It is not benzos or OCD...

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:12:36 pm »
Thanks for sharing that [...]. It figures, Oliver Sacks wrote it! He's written some great neuro stuff.
One source I found called this a "hearing distortion," which is nicer than "auditory hallucination", I guess.
All I know is, when it went on 24/7, it about drove me nuts. I seriously thought Id lost my mind.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 07:18:21 pm »
It's funny you should write about this. I watched a DVD this morning on my laptop while I was riding my exercise bike and the song "I Want You to Want Me" played and IT got stuck in my head and has been playing over and over. I don't think it's benzos or anything serious. Our brains are kind of frazzled from all this, so I think they're sponges when it comes to things, be they songs or images.

I'm drawing a blank on who did that song, so I guess I'm off to Google to find out. Hang in there -- and ENJOY the music in your mind...

Best wishes,

Tucson

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 07:20:23 pm »
I'm back! In case anyone was curious it was Cheap Trick who did that song I'm hearing. D'oh!

Me on Day 16 :idiot:

Best wishes,

Tucson

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 12:13:42 am »
YES, more people need to know about  this.... It is most certainly 100% WITHDRAWAL, that I am positive of! I had this so bad for years during interdose withdrawal. I truly thought I was going insane, and I'm sure my doctors did too. I went to so many professionals, none of them could help this (or any other symptoms). The only thing that made it stop was... wait for it... stopping the benzos. To me, this is an extremely acute wd symptom and it was (thankfully) one of the first to heal. Never had it before or after acute wd. It was torturous!