• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [el...]

• [Co...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SoundV96,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! There are 3 different types of taper that we offer information about. The first one being a dry cutting method, by cutting your .50 tablet into 1/4 pieces (.125) and reducing by this amount approx. every 10-14 days based on how you are feeling. I have provided a link to our stepping-off guide below. The second one is titration, this one is by crushing your pill and adding milk with it in a 100ml cylinder and reducing a small amount everyday based on a 10-12% per week reduction. The other one is by crossing over to valium. If you need any more information, please let us know.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/buddiesguide/tables/stepping-off

T2

Hi Sound,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

It is late here in the UK, but I will look at this tomorrow for you. If I understand correctly, you take a total of 1mg Klonopin per day (2x0.5mg).

You will need a measuring cylinder (100ml marked with 1ml increments is ideal); and a 10ml syringe body marked with 1ml increments is handy to have too.

You will also need to decide upon a taper rate. In the past, what size cuts have have been successful, and how regularly did you make these cuts? It is important, where possible, to base the titration schedule upon a past successful taper rate. If you have no real history of tapering, tell us a bit about your benzo history so that we can help you determin a best guess for a suitable taper rate for you. The taper rate can be adjusted later if need be.

On (2) 0.5 tablets of Klonopin. Take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening before bed. How would you titrate 2x a day to keep it even. Started dry method down to 1 7/8. Cut 1/16 off each pill. At one time last yr down to 1 1/2 .  Couldn't go any further. Started out with Xanax 8/03  (1) 0.5 as needed worked up to 4. Tried to cut 1 pill a month. Got in a fine mess.  11/05 wound up in hospital with severe palpitations and was swithched to Klonopin and add on of atenol .25  am still taking.  Started withdrawl from Klonopin 12/05 - 12/06 was able to get rid of 2. Playing with the last2 and the farthest I could get was 1 1/2. Then back up a little. Right now I am on 1 7/8. Trying again. Won't give up but just can't stand the shaking, muscle aches and fatigue. I am 68  and on almost 5yrs.  Does that come into play? Have taken vitamins  and still do. Centrum Silver, B comples 50, C 1000, panothenic acid 250, E 200, and garlique. Could the vitamins be hindering me?  Who knows maybe even the atenol. Had ne on buspar for a short time got off that fast. Even tried neurontin. Made me tired, the combination. Got off that easily enough after a yr of use. Is it ok to stay on a withdrawl step longer than 2 weeks if feeling horribel or just suffer through it. Or better to try and stabilize before making the next cut. That is why I am thinking the titration method might do the trick.

Hi sound, I see you probably were unsure as how to post a reply in your other thread. I have locked it and we can work in this thread. Colin will be back in a day or two to fix you up. 

To reply to an existing thread, you will see a dark green bar in the upper right hand corner of the thread box, where the posts are written. Just click on reply, that's it!

Hi Sound,

If you are asking for a titration schedule, Colin can fix you up with one. Titration would involve you acquiring a 100ml cylinder, mortar and pestle (or pill crusher), and a 10ml syringe. This would involve you crushing your daily dose mixing it into milk or water and reducing by a small amount everyday. If you want to try dry cutting, you would reduce one of your daily doses by 1/4 or .125mg, hold for 7-14 days and then reduce the other daily dose. If this is too difficult, you can start titration.

T2 :smitten:

. Is it ok to stay on a withdrawl step longer than 2 weeks if feeling horribel or just suffer through it. Or better to try and stabilize before making the next cut. That is why I am thinking the titration method might do the trick.

Hi Sound, yes, you can stay on a step longer than two weeks. 1 to 2 weeks is just a general rule of thumb. Of course you don't want to wait forever, but it's definitely better to stabilize before you take the next step. You won't feel perfect, but you do want to feel reasonably ok. liquid titration allows you to take very small daily cuts rather than larger weekly cuts, making for a much gentler smoother taper.

Linda  :)

Hello sound,

I've merged your two threads in "titration tapers", just so as to keep all your info in one place. Colin has read your post and he will address it tomorrow. He may need more clarification from you, so please check in often to see if he has more questions.

I"ve sent you a private message (pm) explaining again how to post a reply. To check your messages, see the green bar above, directly under the shout box. Click on "my messages". 

Hang in there, we will get you going on your taper soon!

All your help will be greatly appreciated. Still negotiating my way around this site. In other words you will have all types of withdrawl and have to put up with it. That is why I held up at 2 .05's .  Reduced from 4 to 2 took ayr  12/05 to 12/06. It was rough but seems that I could get no lower than 1 1/2.  Tried this April and got down to 1 3/8. The shakiness, fatigue and muscle aches just got the best of me. Take atenol for palpitations.  Back up to 1 7/8  to stabilize and will try again. Age 68 and 5yrs on benzos may be hindering me. Started out with the usual (1) 0.5 Xanax  8/03 and worked up to 4. Changed to Klonopin  (4) 0.5 's 11/05. Trying the dry taper as I take one dose at night and one in morning. The titration taper is one dose a day. Afraid that would throw me off. Or would you do it 2x a day.  Cut my pills in hald and then shave a 1/16 off each half which makes an 1/8 off. Never informed the trouble I could get into with benzos. Made the mistake while on Xanax of trying to cut a pill a month.  If I only knew what I know now.

All your help will be greatly appreciated. Still negotiating my way around this site. In other words you will have all types of withdrawl and have to put up with it. That is why I held up at 2 .05's .  Reduced from 4 to 2 took ayr  12/05 to 12/06. It was rough but seems that I could get no lower than 1 1/2.  Tried this April and got down to 1 3/8. The shakiness, fatigue and muscle aches just got the best of me. Take atenol for palpitations.  Back up to 1 7/8  to stabilize and will try again. Age 68 and 5yrs on benzos may be hindering me. Started out with the usual (1) 0.5 Xanax  8/03 and worked up to 4. Changed to Klonopin  (4) 0.5 's 11/05. Trying the dry taper as I take one dose at night and one in morning. The titration taper is one dose a day. Afraid that would throw me off. Or would you do it 2x a day.  Cut my pills in hald and then shave a 1/16 off each half which makes an 1/8 off. Never informed the trouble I could get into with benzos. Made the mistake while on Xanax of trying to cut a pill a month.  If I only knew what I know now.

Hi Sound! You made it here!

Colin can make you up a schedule with twice daily dosing, no problem. You are on klonopin 0.5mg in the am and 0.5mg pm, right?

He will be in touch with you tomorrow. Bare with us, we have a bit of a back log of titration schedules to do, but he will definitely work on it this week.

Don't worry about your age or time on benzos. You can get off this junk and recover.  We will help you every step of the way.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Colin can make you up a schedule with twice daily dosing, no problem. You are on klonopin 0.5mg in the am and 0.5mg pm, right?

He will be in touch with you tomorrow. Bare with us, we have a bit of a back log of titration schedules to do, but he will definitely work on it this week.

Don't worry about your age or time on benzos. You can get off this junk and recover.  We will help you every step of the way.  ;)

Hi,

Are you looking for a schedule? I will need to know the taper rate you intend to follow (we can help you decide this if you are undsure). I will need to know your daily dose; the size (dose) of your pills; the size of the cylinder and the size of increments marked on it. It is late here - I'll check back on this thread tomorrow.

Yes my tablets are 0.5. Take  one in the morning and one at night. On step off chart was down to step 7 . Couldn't stand shakiness so back to step 7.5.  Thank you for your time. Greatly appreciated. Understand I am not the only one looking for help. Belated Happy Birthday and hope you are feeling well. Wasn't doing to bad then all of a sudden boom. Was wondering if I could have gotten a slightly inferior batch. Had my new prescription and opened that and things got a little better. Take Klonopin and you know how critical a cut can be. So if the pill is inferior you have double trouble. Have you heard of anyone complaining of inferior pills? Today how pills are made in China and who knows where else. Just inquisitive. The lowest I ever got to was 1 1/2 of the 0.5's. I assume you read my previos posts. New to this site &  figured I did something wrong and you didnot receive . Will await your reply. Thanks once again. Hope you can help and keep up the good work.

Hi Sound!!

Yes, I"ve heard of people feeling as if they have a bad batch. This may be due to the pharmacy changing their source of generic pills. It doesn't necessarily mean it's inferior, but each source may have a slightly different strength, though still within the standards. I'm glad you have a better batch now.

Did you get a graduated cylinder as theresa suggested? Colin needs to know what size it is, and what increments are marked on it. If you don't have one yet, you can check with your pharmacist, or  order one online. Just do a search for "100ml graduated cylinder."

I"m sorry this is so confusing, but we promise we will get you on track and off the benzos. Hang in there! 

Hi,

As Eljay pointed out, I need this information to produce the schedule. I will also need to know your proposed taper rate. This should be based upon what has worked well for you in the past. We can help you determine this if you are unsure.

I will get a "100ml graduated cylinder and will let you determine  the amount and rate from my previous postings. We all would like to get off them tomorrow. I would say the smaller the cuts and not too fast. Again I will leave that up to you as you know what people have had success with.  Thank you once again.

I will get the 100ml cylinder marked with the 1ml increments. I take 2 (.05) klonopin pills a day. One in the morning and one at night. I have reduced the dosage by 1/16 to each dose making a total cut of 1/8. . Step #7.5. Gather it woule be best if I did the titration at night & morning to keep it even. As I have done that all the time taking these pills. I posted my history if you have it . So will let you determine what is best. Does the titration method go faster? I know you claim smoother and that is what I need. Just a rough estimate of how long it should take with the titration method?  Questions, questions. But I do appreciate your time and help.

Hi sound!

Now that we have your info, Colin will get you set up soon.

Titration takes pretty much the same time as a direct taper going down by 10% every one to two weeks. You will be reduced by 1 or 2% everyday, so this adds up to the same time frame. But is just much smoother. No big bumps.

Colin will give you the time estimate when he has worked out your schedule. Remember, this is flexible though. 

Does the titration method go faster? I know you claim smoother and that is what I need. Just a rough estimate of how long it should take with the titration method?

Hi sound,

I just wanted to add that there is no rate that is specific for titration. You can go as fast or as slow as you need to. That is the beauty of it.

It is just a different way of reducing your dose, used mainly when dry cutting of pills is not easy.

Hi Sound! Colin has been terribly busy with some pressing issues, but he will get to you asap, and get you on your schedule.  We haven't forgotten you.  ;)

Hi,

I will not decide the taper rate for you, but we will help you determin what probably would be a good taper rate for you. The majority of people probably taper at about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days, whichever taper method they employ. However, this is just a guide. If 10% cuts every 14 days worked well for you in the past, then I can base a taper schedule on this figure. If it was 5% every 7 days, and I can devise a schedule to fit this. I can work up a schedule to fit any taper rate your require. If you are unsure of the percentages, just post some numbers (your dose at the time; the size of the cuts, and the period between cuts), and will work out the percentage for you.

Realistically, so long as you have any the information I require, I will not be able to this until tomorrow, with a start date of Monday 30th. If tou require a later start date, just let me know (the schedule includes dates as well a doses, so a start date is required).

Having a hard time getting off thiese last two pills. Tried several times and could get as far as 1 1/2.  Don't know if it was 10% . But was cutting 1/8  3weeks to a month. Started with Xanax 8/03. .05's (1-2) a day worked up to 4. Trying to decrease 1 a month. Got in trouble. Changed to Klonopin 4 (.05's) 11/05. Took a yr. 12/05 to 12/06 to get off 2.  From then on just getting no where. Tried again this April  shaving the pills almost back to 1 1/2 then everything went haywire. Mainly the shakiness, fatigue, muscle aches and of course anxiety set in as I thought I was doing good. So upset my blood pressure was going up and down. Now I am on 1 7/8. Take the pills morning and night, so took a 1/16 off each dose. and trying to stabilize. I think the 5% a week would be the wiser for me. I will let you be the judge. July 10 would be a good starting date. Thank you your help is greatly appreciated. I am 68 and being I started on 2 thinking I am going to have a hard time get off the 2. Also to do twice a day as  That is what I have been doing. Would it be wise to take Gaba or Calms Forte when things get rough. Any suggestions will be apprecited. Take atenol .25 after being hospitalized in 2005 with heart beating out of my chest. That is when I was changed over to Klonopin. Need complete instructions of how to mix . Know nothing about titration. Big joke. Asked several pharmacists about it and they new nothing.  Believe I asked my Dr. and he seemed like he knew nothing just shook his head.

Hi Sound,

Colin can do your schedule with a 1% cut daily, this will be 7% a week.

He will start it for July 10.

Here is a general description of how to do a liquid titration.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6393.msg61329#msg61329  Don't let it intimidate you, YOu will have an individualized plan. we will help and explain it every step of the way. It will be a piece of cake!!   :)