Off for 10 days now

Hi everyone --

I have been off of the valium I was using to taper for ten days now!  I had tapered down to .5 mg for about 8 days, then tried to go down to .25 mg but could not cut it that small, so after trying that for two days I just stopped altogether.  At first I felt really good -- my low grade fever went away, my groggy head went away, and I felt more alive.  But the past coupld of days I have felt terrible:  I have had really severe depression, especially about my new apartment.  I feel guilty for having moved there and for having left the apartment I shared with my late partner.  I seem to just be overwhelmed with sadness most of the time.  I also am experiencing headaches, weakness in my legs and arms, dizziness, and loss of appetite, although if I don't eat at least three times a day I feel even worse.  Lately I have been having trouble sleeping as well.  Yesterday I went in for a cardiac stress test (treadmill test) and I couldn't complete the test, I felt too dizzy and weak.  The last time I did the test I had no trouble completing it.  So now I am obsessing about having something wrong with my heart (I can't get the results till at least the end of the week).    I have no desire to take any more valium, and I don't want to drink any alcohol as I haven't had a drink in over a month now.  But I am going nuts!  I had hoped I would be feeling okay by now.  Any idea on when I might expect these symptoms, if they are symptoms, to go away?  Thanks!

Hi,

I will move this post to General Withdrawal Support for you.

Yes, these are all such common wd symptoms. You are fresh off, and it's to be expected. .5mg valium is ok to jump off of. Some people are a little more sensitive than others, and sometimes making one more cut is helpful. But most people come off .5mg and do ok.

You will be fine, really! But I can't really give you a timeline. You will have good days and bad days for a little while, but you will slowly improve over the next several weeks and months. Just be patient. Symptoms mimicking heart problems are also very common, and I am sure there is nothing wrong with your heart, but it is good you got the test so as to ease your mind. Sleeping too, is THE most common post wd sx! This too shall pass. ;-)