quit smoking!

having a dilema of quit smoking.

1. going through benazo w/d.

2. quit smoking cause insomnia, anxiety, nervousness, and lack of focus/concentration which already have from benzo.

3. while recovering, smoking is definetly not helping it.

4. do not know when i will be recovered from benzo. meaning, can't wait until that time frame to quit smoking.

5. thought of tapering cigarette, but not a good idea. because, my body will keep asking for more.

has to make a decision, and just do not what will be best way.

if i knew that recovery would take such a long time, should have quitted smoking while on benzo. (already was suffering from anxiety, insomnia, nervousnes, & etc.)

Wish I could help you. I tried quitting and could not sleep the first night so I lit one up 3am and fell a sleep. Good news is it will probably only last 5-10 days. Just need to get through the worse. There is supposed to be a very good book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking. People have told me it really works so I plan on reading it in the future. Good luck.

Wish I could help you. I tried quitting and could not sleep the first night so I lit one up 3am and fell a sleep. Good news is it will probably only last 5-10 days. Just need to get through the worse. There is supposed to be a very good book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking. People have told me it really works so I plan on reading it in the future. Good luck.

if it's only 5-10 days, i could tolerate it. not sleeping well anyway.

has been smoking for 28 years.(heavy smoker before benzo. now, about 1 pack a day.)

just afraid that w/d wil be pretty intense because of my smoking history.

if i want to quit, have to make a c/t. otherwise, my body is keeping asking for cigarette. would go half day without cigarette, and lid up one. after that body is keeping asking. ugh.

Im trying to quit as well and Im using the patch its hard but i have to keep trying and never give up my uncle was just diagnosed with stage four lung cancer he is only 46 years old and my aunt died at 42 on april 1 this year from copd and emphasema from smoking i was at the hospital while she was on life support they took her off she died 9 hours later i was going through theklonopin stuff also now my uncle is dying and he knows it i just can't believe  all this is happening too fast

Electronic  cigarettes to get off smoking.  Been off cigs for over 3 years.  Love my vaping. I work for an e-cig company we get lots of doctor referrals.

Electronic  cigarettes to get off smoking.  Been off cigs for over 3 years.  Love my vaping. I work for an e-cig company we get lots of doctor referrals.

i thought that e-cigarettes were full of toxic. this is the reason i was avoiding them.

is there any safe e-cigarettes? if so, what kind and where do i buy those?

I tried the blu e cig  it was ok they just cost 10.00 dollars a cig  i got mine at wall greens  they are pretty safe

On june 11, I'm going to be quitting smoking.  Maybe I'll start even sooner.  It's gonna be tough, but hey, we've been through benzo w/d, and it can't be as bad as that!

No e cigs are not toxic, propelene gycol, found in toothpaste and asthma inhalers, vegetable glycerin nicotine and flavor. Spelling is probably off. No chest pains, no coughing and my doctor is pleased. I understand smoking and I am not a holier than thou ex smoker, nor do I tell people to quit.

I quit  5 months off when have horrible flu. Can feel both  smoke and benzo withdrawal  . What help me with both was ride bike .  Exercise .

I never smoke much  max  6  for day 20 years . Due taper smoke pack , when quit  over pack , then quit . Best what I done for my body . Quit  benzo and smoke . Can be done , exercise help lots .

I tried the blu e cig  it was ok they just cost 10.00 dollars a cig  i got mine at wall greens  they are pretty safe

thanks amy. will give it a try.

is that the full name? "blue e cig"

On june 11, I'm going to be quitting smoking.  Maybe I'll start even sooner.  It's gonna be tough, but hey, we've been through benzo w/d, and it can't be as bad as that!

hi city,

it's not quitting smoking that i am worried about. it's the withdrawal symptoms that i am concerned. the usual insomnia, anxiety, nervousness, agitation, GI problems, and etc.. sounds familar. isn't it? :laugh:

No e cigs are not toxic, propelene gycol, found in toothpaste and asthma inhalers, vegetable glycerin nicotine and flavor. Spelling is probably off. No chest pains, no coughing and my doctor is pleased. I understand smoking and I am not a holier than thou ex smoker, nor do I tell people to quit.

sorry wes.

did not fully undersand your post.

I quit  5 months off when have horrible flu. Can feel both  smoke and benzo withdrawal  . What help me with both was ride bike .  Exercise .

I never smoke much  max  6  for day 20 years . Due taper smoke pack , when quit  over pack , then quit . Best what I done for my body . Quit  benzo and smoke . Can be done , exercise help lots .

hi erika,

are you suggesting taper?

reduce the quantity first to minimal quantity per day, and quit?

is this correct?

Sorry, I was telling you what was in the fluid for e cigs, pg, vg, nicotine and flavoring. All you are inhaling and exhaling is water vapor with nicotine. You are not getting allmthat tar, tabacco and junk from a cigarette.  I was a 2 pack a day smoker, now I find them disgusting.

I quit smoking over 4 years ago using an e-cigarette (after smoking for 30+ years). My health has improved immeasurably.

There's a massive e-cigarette forum online that has tons of good info. There are lots of choices that are far less expensive and of better quality than the brands you find in Walgreens. Easy to find the forum through Google. Most cities now have brick-and-mortar shops, as well, so you can try before you buy.

The American Association of Public Health Physicians estimates the risks of using an electronic cigarette to be about 1% of the risks of continuing to smoke. One of the best inventions ever for people who can't (or don't want to) stop using nicotine and/or who just enjoy the hand-to-mouth thing.

Agreed. I tried those store bought brands and did nothing. We are educated on how they work. We are not doctors so we do not give medical advice.  But they did help my cig habit. I love my nicotine. You are only getting small amouts and it is not going into your lungs.