Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Sleep and Dreams

[Le...]

Hello everyone,

I have been drug free 9 days now.  The dizzyness, headache, tremors, all are getting better everyday.  Last night in my sleep I get these strange feelings in my head like on the threshold of sleep you get a door slammed.  I don't know how else to explain this strange feeling.  In my dreams I was having all kinds of symptoms, headache, neckpain, tremors, muscle pings, when I woke completly everything was gone.  Even the feeling of dizzy is much better today.  Everything seems worse at night.  Oh I am getting my taste and smell back.  That is way cool.  The metal taste is easing up too.

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa,

That's funny about the "door slam".  Not "ha-ha" funny.  More like amusingly funny.  I heard doors slamming in the height of my withdrawal and was POSITIVE I actually heard an actual door slam.  I was wrong.  I also heard doobells ring in the middle of the night and we don't have a doorbell.  Also heard pots and pans clanging.  Talk about a messed up CNS!  Congrats on your 9 days.  What a triumph.  You should be proud.

Thomas

My version of the door slam is a kind of jerk awake reaction from my dreams. It happened more in withdrawal. Withdrawal messed pretty heavily with my sleep/dream cycles. I went through a few cycles of weirdness and then it went away. Once in a while it makes a return appearance but not often. It's not fun and i hope you get to some restful uninterrupted sleep real soon.