10mg valium vs 1mg klonopin just for sleep?

[so...]

Hi. Im not doing well at all.. I'd love any help i can get.

First of all i should probably say ive never been on any benzo for more than like two days in a row (or even 2 days in a month)..

I got off heroin a little over a year ago with a doctors help. He put me on subutex ($200 a visit) so after a year i cant afford it any more. So im withdrawaling very heavily (cant even explain it). The nights are the WORST.. So, I went to a different doctor and she only gave me ten 10mg valium pills just for at bed time for sleep (cuz she doesnt want me to get addicted, which is understandable) but i need more help than just ten nights.. It buys me about 2 hours of sleep at the most and im already on day 8 of my withrawals from subutex. Which means i only have 2 more Valium.

Anyways, i happen to have ten 1mg klonopin pills laying around from my past lifestyle. Im wondering if when i run out of the last 2 nights of the 10mg valium, if its safe to just switch to the k-pans for a few more nights until im finally done with my withdrawals.

And im also wonder how excactly the strength of a 10mg valium compares to a 1mg klonopin?

Thank you

Hello, and welcome to BenzoBuddies!  You'll find a lot of information and support here.  Most of our members are glad to share their tapering and withdrawal experiences.

I'm sorry you are having a rough time of it, but I do want to emphasize one thing-- benzos should only be taken short term, becoming dependent on them can lead to a withdrawal as bad or worse than what you're going through now.  People have been known to develop benzodiazepine dependency in as little as a few weeks, maybe even less (rarely).  According to Wikipedia, klonopin .5 is equivilant to 10 mg valium, though not every source agrees on that number.

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  She describes and explains withdrawal symptoms, and there is also a section with withdrawal/taper schedules.

Members discuss their symptoms on The Withdrawal and Recovery Support Board.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again, welcome!

Thank you so much for your response.

So you can get physically addicted to them if you only take one at night for only a couple weeks?

Also, so your saying i should take half to get the same amount of help for night time?

just making sure i understand.. thanks so much.

Thank you so much for your response.

So you can get physically addicted to them if you only take one at night for only a couple weeks?

This has been known to happen in some cases. 

Also, so your saying i should take half to get the same amount of help for night time?

just making sure i understand.. thanks so much.

Again, the equivalency is .5 klonopin to 10.0 valium, but I'm not going to tell you how much you should take or if you should take it.  That  would be giving medical advice, which is against the rules here.

:thumbsup:

I'm just so scared to get addicted to them and i'm equally as scared of the night time horrors. But i'm trying so hard to get clean that i guess at least the night time horrors will eventually pass and a benzo addiction may not.

I just wish there was some type of help that doesn't risk throwing me into some other addiction.