Restless legs?

[Ta...]

Has anyone that went through a fast taper/ct had restless legs? Mine mostly comes at night, the constant urge to move them, kick them, and tighten muscles in them. Has anything helped you with this? I can't seem to calm my legs.

A few people think Magnesium helps. I think some soak in Epsom salts to help this.

Restless legs and akasthesia are real common, sorry to say.

I had RLS real bad while taking a benzo. It has actually gotten better since I stopped. But I know from my reading that its very common.

east

I quit Klonopin cold turkey and before I knew what was happening to me my first symptom was achy, restless legs after work and into the night. The second week of my withdrawal, I had figured out it was withdrawal, my legs were extremely achy and restless. It almost felt like I do when I have a fever coming on. It made it very hard to sleep. I would try advil and hot baths. It helped a little, but not completely. By the third week of withdrawal, the restless legs were gone. I haven't had any problems with it since. Now if only I could get this fog, anxiety and rapid heart rate to go away, I'd be golden! So hang in there!

Yep, they come and go for me...sometimes swollen painful muscles and joints, sometimes hyperactive, sometimes I have to curl up into a tiny ball to try and ease them off. Magnesium spray oil helps for half an hour, sometimes its enough to get back to sleep..

Its potentially linked to the neurotransmitter, dopamine...but can also be linked to low iron. In short, no one really knows unfortunately, but if you didnt have it before, it will go away dont worry

Hi - my dr gave me horizant - i think its a fairly new drug, i don't have rls anymore just the feeling like my legs are vibrating all day - it's not uncomfortable just weird..

[b4...]

I've never had it before, but I notice some muscle contractions in my legs at night. I decided to get back on my exercise program when I began this c/t 17 days ago and I'm riding my stationary exercise bike about 35-40 minutes every day while I was a DVD on my laptop. I think my legs are feeling like this partly because of the bike riding, but also because having a restless leg is a common benzo withdrawal symptom.

One way or another I think the muscle twitching will go away in time, either because my legs build up strength as I ride the exercise bike (and at the same time burn off some of my benzo withdrawal-related stress!) or as I move further along in withdrawal and into the recovery phase.

Hang in there. Based on all the previous comments, I'd suspect that this is something that will pass. If it doesn't, then maybe you might want to mention it the next time you see your doctor.

Hang in there!

Tucson

Has anyone that went through a fast taper/ct had restless legs? Mine mostly comes at night, the constant urge to move them, kick them, and tighten muscles in them. Has anything helped you with this? I can't seem to calm my legs.

I have moderate to severe (pre-existing) RLS.  It is a central nervous system disorder and since our central nervous systems are thrown into chaos during withdrawal it's a common symptom.  If your RLS wasn't a pre-existing condition it should go away eventually. 

In the meantime if it's bad, Restless Legs Syndrome can be treated with Requip and a couple of other prescriptions that don't cause dependency.  Horizant is the newest prescription but I was uncomfortable about the need to taper it and have decided not to switch from Requip which is 'as needed'.

I have recently begun using chelated magnesium with surprising success.  I've been able to reduce the mg of Requip by half or more and am sleeping all night. 

We are all different but that's my experience.

Challis

My RLS was really bad when at the height of actue wd.(from around 5-6 days out to 11-15 days)  I swear it wasnt just that I had that feeling all the time I had to move my legs.My legs were jumping all over the place involuntarily.I can remember one particular day I was sitting at the computer and every few seconds my legs (and arms etc.but mostly my legs) would jump or kick out completely without my consent.It was horrible but no-where near the worst symptom I had.Boy am I glad it faded as it did at about 2-3 weks out.I just wish the rest of the symptoms would do the same.