This is living hell

[ev...]

I finished my taper on 17th of march this year, prior to that, i was only able to sleep from 6am to 11am, my body didn't allow me to sleep at night.I now have zero sleep at all, not even a second. This is living hell!

Hi everlastinglifeforever :hug:

Welcome to benzobuddies, glad you found us you will get plenty of support here. Sorry your having a rough time of it, It will get better but I am afraid it takes time. Have you read the Ashton Manual, I will put a link here for you: Professor Ashtons Manual It is an authoritative resource on benzodiazepines and  withdrawal.

Please feel free to check out the forum and post to any of the dedicated boards, you'll find a great community of people who are here to support and encourage you. You might also like to check out  the Insomnia Board, you might like to post a question here. We have a lot of knowledgeable members here who know what your going through and will give sound advice.

Here is a link to our Withdrawal and Recovery board  and If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to Create a signature

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Hello everlastinglifeforever,

Welcome to the forum from me too  :)

Congratulations on being benzo free !

I'm so sorry to hear that your sleep is so poor and I can so empathise and sympathise with you because I finished my taper recently and I am barely sleeping at all but as Magrita said it does get better, good sleep will reassert itself with time. What I do now is I try to relax in bed if I cant sleep, I know this is a difficult thing to do but it does help if you can relax your mind and accept that you may not sleep. sometimes worrying about sleep makes everything worse, I know because I did this for a while when I was still tapering.

Perhaps you'd now like to join in at The Post Benzo Freedom Withdrawal Support group where you can meet other benzo free members, I'm sure that they'd be happy to share their stories with you and it always helps, I feel, to compare stories with others who are in the same boat as oneself.

Here is a link to The Post Benzo Freedom withdrawal support group :

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=18057.msg1082357#msg1082357

I'm glad you found us and I wish you well,

Debbie

:'(I had tried antihistamines, tart cherry pills, melatonin, and I still don't sleep at all.I am getting depressed. :'(

Hi ever,

I understand completely. After my cold turkey I got between 1-3 hours a night for monthes. Supplements did nothing, and still dont.

What I found out from this is that lack of sleep wont kill me. I did a little research and found out that even when we think we arent sleeping, we're getting whats called "micros sleeps" where our brain kind of winks out in sleep. I know, sounds pretty crazy, huh?

Something that helped me a little was using some of the "sleep restriction" tricks. I read about this here on BB. When I couldnt fall asleep, I would get out of my bed, leave the room. Some nights I did this 15 times or more. Now, if I cant sleep I read until I get drowsy (if I do!)

Wish I had something more hopeful for you.

east