very high blood pressure

[...]

I'm freaking out right now. Going through withdrawl, and my blood pressure is VERY high 181 over 118. Is this normal ?? I'm ready to run to the hospital !! I already have been because of my heart racing, and they said it was palpatations. I hope someone answers soon.

thanks !!

It sounds like youre having a panic attack. This is normal in WD, try to relax and do some deep breathing and see if your BP and heartrate come down. My doctor put be on a beta blocker wich helps with the palpitations and rapid heartbeat, so it also keeps me calmer.

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon, Jules

I totaly freaked out !! I didn't want to go back to the ER again. I was in there a little over a week ago. Like a dummy I took a .25 mg. of klonopin, and about 20 minutes later my blood presure came down, but my pulse is still high 95 bpm, it's usually 80. This is now like the 4'th time I took a .25 mg. pill in a week. So I know I probably started the w/d all over again. It's just so hard when I can't stop telling myself, "this isn't w/d, something else is wrong, VERY wrong". Then I get on the computer, and look at the BP chart, and see.......seek imidiate treatment....stroke.....heart & kidney failure.

This is the worst, it just doesn't go away, I can't believe my DR. would do this to me ......

Thanks for the responses

Yes, its a high reading. How often are you taking your BP? Dont overdo this, you could just end up scaring yourself even more. Your heart rate is a little high but NOT in the danger zone, btw.

A high BP is very common in withdrawal and one of the reasons beta blockers are often prescribed.

By taking those little extra doses, youre confusing your body and brain.

east

Oh, I'm taking it like every 10 minutes. It's all over the place. Just now it was 160/110, earlier it was 126/82. I take it, run to the computer, and look at the chart, then see ..STROKE...HEART FALIURE, then I freak out !!

When I went to the ER, they did all kinds of blood tests, and said everything looked normal. I was supposed to follow up with my GP, but it went away, and didn't bother me until today.

Oh boy.....You are torturing yourself! This is obsessive behavior, and we benzo people are famous for that. You are not helping yourself doing this, please try to stop. Set some limits, like once every 2 hours, and stick by it.

You gain nothing by doing this, nothing except fear and worry. And something else, you may be driving your BP up by being so compulsive and anxious about taking it. Anxiety causes hypertension! Anxiety is the sole cause of "White Coat Hypertension" (BP being high at the docs office).

Everyone's BP fluctuates. That is completely normal and nothing to worry about. What a heart doc would look for is a general trend: Is the patients BP generally high every 2-4 hours? (Or whatever time period they choose-).

Follow up with your GP. Its a good safe thing to do, but Im willing to bet he/she agrees with the ER. And try to calm yourself down a little, ok? Your readings are NOT horrible, and given your situation, are not at all surprising.

east

Thanks so much !!!

I went to my GP today, and she acted like it wasn't anything that bad. It's funny that you said "BP goes up when you're in the doctors office". This ALWAYS happens to me, today it was 120 bpm, in her office. I told her about this web site, and how a lot of people took Beta Blockers, and she said, "sure, you want to try that ?". I took 1 1/2 pills, and the palpatations are gone, and bp is perfect. Today is actually the best I felt since this started.

What surprised me is, she said, "after 2 weeks of detoxing you should be fine". I was like not from what I heard, and not from what I'm feeling !!

Thanks again. This site has helped me out so much. When ever it gets bad, I just come on here, and read what other people are/have going/gone through. Just something about knowing I'm not alone ?

Hey - thats great! A beta blocker is a good idea, as it also has a kind of calming effect.

Good job.

east