Anyone getting outburst of anger from w/d?

[...]

Hi Just wondering....... has anyone else had feelings of anger as part of w/d symptoms? I found myself throwing a pair of shoes at my living room wall one night - very weird behaivour for me! I am tapering off Ativan quite quickly, and it seems everytime I make a cut, I get these intense feelings of anger for a short time.

Just changed the spelling mistake on the heading.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Tony

Yep, that's a pretty common wd symptom. You become hypersensitized as the benzo is leaving your system. It will pass.  ;)

Hiya, DJC http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8959/wavingtt8.gif

It's classic benzo rage, hun. I experienced it myself.  The good news is, that it passes as you slowly break free from the grip of the pills and eventually get your "chilled" self back.  :)

I've been completely evil and unstable since I started this taper  :laugh:. It's ok now that I (and my husband lol) know what it is. If I freak out I remind myself it's just the medication and my husband remembers too. I was, once upon a time, a very level headed sweet person. Where oh where did she go?! lol but it's just temporary.

Feel better!

Amanda  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
[11...]

I'm not normal the kind of person to get "angry", but I've been a lot easier to piss off lately... it's like people are walking on eggshells around me. I don't snap and yell, but I get nasty and sarcastic, which is just as bad imho.

Suffice to say, it's very out of character for me.

-Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the hypersensitivity can get a bit heavy for me late in the evening before bed and taking my next dose if my wife argues with me. Oh my, I just go to bed and relax, next day hit the weights or surf. I'm usually very calm after an intense workout. Make love not war. Would be nice to feel normal again without the sleeping aids.  8)

• 2 weeks later...

Been there!..I find that when I run or inline skate, as I go thru the taper. sometimes, I have this horrific feelings of rage that crop up, but almost instantly they are gone...I don't seem to get that except when I exercise, which is wonderful.  But this too shall pass...

Hitman60

• 1 month later...

yep me too...I have had several bouts of rage and intense anger throughout my w/d which is also totally outta character for me too....my poor hubby and kids...don't know which is worse..intense anger or the depression that goes along with it....

Nola

I've gotten this on occasion and it's completely and utterly out of character for me. Quite honestly, when I get upset or angry, I tend to just let it go - but even three months out of this w/d, I have days where I am yelling and need to go downstairs in order to kick/punch my heavy bags to blow off steam. It's happening less and less now (i haven't felt this way in weeks), but it scares the living daylights out of me.

Don't even get me started on the obessive negative thoughts. Those are even worse.