.25 Titration Schedule

[Th...]

Colin,

I am planning on titrating the rest of the way down. I am currently taking .0625am, .0625 at 3:00, and .125 at bedtime, equaling .25 per day. I have ordered my 100 ml cylinder and should have it by the end of this week. Would like to start on Saturday. I am figuring 12% over two weeks? Do you think this is too slow? Also I was wondering if I can use just a 1/2 tablet of my .50 ? I have about 65 .50mg pills left. If I use .50 pills, can I use it for two days?

I am not doing well today if this sounds confusing to you, having brain fog and anxiety and will need serious hand holding until I get this figured out. Thank you.

I am not doing well today if this sounds confusing to you, having brain fog and anxiety and will need serious hand holding until I get this figured out. Thank you.

We've got your back, honey.

Hi Theresa,

At a low dose, there is no need to draw this out too long. You should be thinking of tapering off this amount over weeks rather than months. Maybe something like a 4ml drop each day, so that the taper lasts 25 days. Pick a rate with which you feel comfortable. 12% over two weeks would be sensible at much higher dose, but not 0.0625mg Clonazepam. At 12% every 14 days, it will take you four months to taper off. I am not suggesting that this is the thing to do, but to put this into perspective, I jumped off at the same dose of Clonazepam that you are now taking!

Hi Theresa,

I know you've been considering titration for a while.  I just wanted to pipe up and say it sounds like a good time to try it, as you've been suffering a little more than you were and it might help smooth things out.  You've really managed the dry cutting well, but there's no shame in going to the liquid method!

(Just FYI, I'm titrating at a rate of .25 mg per 32 days.)

Hi Theresa,

At a low dose, there is no need to draw this out too long. You should be thinking of tapering off this amount over weeks rather than months. Maybe something like a 4ml drop each day, so that the taper lasts 25 days. Pick a rate with which you feel comfortable. 12% over two weeks would be sensible at much higher dose, but not 0.0625mg Clonazepam. At 12% every 14 days, it will take you four months to taper off. I am not suggesting that this is the thing to do, but to put this into perspective, I jumped off at the same dose of Clonazepam that you are now taking!

I think 50 days is somewhat more reasonable since  I just cut .0317 after last cut of .0625 10 days ago and I am so ill now.  I take it 3 x/day. Should I just use .25mg tablet in 50ml milk?

Hi,

I don't understand your present regimen. I thought you were on 0.0625mg (a quarter of a 0.5mg tablet) per day. I don't understand the last cut of 0.0317.

I tried reducing my bedtime dose of .125 by about .0317 by splitting 1/2 of .0625 pile and taking one pile of .0625 plus 1/2 of another pile making it about 3/4 of .125?? It is complicated, sorry. I am on .25 per day but am not stabilizing since failed cut?? I am trying my best to hold on.

You are 0.25mg (half of 0.5mg pill)? Not 0.25 (a quarter) of a pill?

Assuming 0.25mg as your daily dose, then yes, you should probably allow longer than I suggested in my previous post. I can work up a schedule to any rate you wish.

You are 0.25mg (half of 0.5mg pill)? Not 0.25 (a quarter) of a pill?

Assuming 0.25mg as your daily dose, then yes, you should probably allow longer than I suggested in my previous post. I can work up a schedule to any rate you wish.

I am at .25/day------.0625am, .0625 at 3:00 and .125 bedtime. I thought maybe 40 to 50 days, do you know what % that would be? I can't figure anything out right now. Thank you.

Well, at thesis dose, percentages are no loger really relevant, as the amount cut no longer needs to grow smaller and smaller as your taper progresses.

I will work up a schedule that takes about 50 days, starting tomorrow?

Well, at thesis dose, percentages are no loger really relevant, as the amount cut no longer needs to grow smaller and smaller as your taper progresses.

I will work up a schedule that takes about 50 days, starting tomorrow?

I need to stabilize at my current dose before I start titrating don't I?? Plus my cylinders won't be here til tomorrow or the next day.

Hello Theresa:

This is Nadj's husband. I appreciate the help and support you have been giving me indirectly through my wife. I'm currently at 1/4 tab (0.125mg) at night only. As noted by others the 3rd-5th days after a cut were a little worse than my previous condition but manageable. I typically waited 2 weeks to stabilize before cutting back again.

It has confused me somewhat when talking about pill cuts vs mg cuts. I question the following statement from Colin: "...I don't understand your present regimen. I thought you were on 0.0625mg (a quarter of a 0.5mg tablet) per day. I don't understand the last cut of 0.0317."

If I'm not mistaken these are the correct mg amounts for a 0.5mg tab (and below):

1 full tab (0.5mg)

1/2 tab (0.25mg)

1/4 tab  (0.125mg)

1/8 tab  (0.0625mg)

1/16 tab (0.03125mg)...

I am currently at 1/4 tab (0.125mg) nightly and am planning on the following to get off this stuff within the week. I read on the roadback.org that by this point I should be able to skip one night then follow with 2 nights of 1/4 pill then skip one night, then one 1/4 pill and that's it. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks all and all the best to my fellow inmates... :sick: We'll all be free one day!

I think Theresa is making more complex fractions to her pill, or she made typo. I'm sure Theresa will clairify her situation.

By the way, welcome, Chester. :)

Hello Theresa:

This is Nadj's husband. I appreciate the help and support you have been giving me indirectly through my wife. I'm currently at 1/4 tab (0.125mg) at night only. As noted by others the 3rd-5th days after a cut were a little worse than my previous condition but manageable. I typically waited 2 weeks to stabilize before cutting back again.

It has confused me somewhat when talking about pill cuts vs mg cuts. I question the following statement from Colin: "...I don't understand your present regimen. I thought you were on 0.0625mg (a quarter of a 0.5mg tablet) per day. I don't understand the last cut of 0.0317."

If I'm not mistaken these are the correct mg amounts for a 0.5mg tab (and below):

1 full tab (0.5mg)

1/2 tab (0.25mg)

1/4 tab  (0.125mg)

1/8 tab  (0.0625mg)

1/16 tab (0.03125mg)...

I am currently at 1/4 tab (0.125mg) nightly and am planning on the following to get off this stuff within the week. I read on the roadback.org that by this point I should be able to skip one night then follow with 2 nights of 1/4 pill then skip one night, then one 1/4 pill and that's it. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks all and all the best to my fellow inmates... :sick: We'll all be free one day!

Hi Chester

It was meant to be .03125, I was having benzo brain.

• 2 weeks later...

I crushed up my .25 (1/2 of .50mg pill) and mixed it with 50ml of milk to begin my titration tomorrow morning. My question is how do you get your syringe down into the cylinder to remove the 1ml out? Should I pour it into a different container, draw out the 1ml and then pour it back into the cylinder getting ready for my 3 doses? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm somewhat nervous about the whole thing. (I have 2 cylinders--one to measure my doses into from the main mix for 3 x dosing.)

If anyone would share their titration secrets, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

T2 :smitten:

Hi,

Just pour some liquid into a dish, or similar. Then draw up the mount needed into the syringe. The syringe is used for accuracy, and because many people find that when they need to take less then 10ml, the cylinder has no markings at less than 10ml.

Hi,

Just pour some liquid into a dish, or similar. Then draw up the mount needed into the syringe. The syringe is used for accuracy, and because many people find that when they need to take less then 10ml, the cylinder has no markings at less than 10ml.

Thanks Colin,

That's what I figured over the last 2 days. :D

hi theresa,

thats kinda what I had started doing (what collin suggested). Since down into the 70's no on my cylinder, my syrenge is much to small to go down into the milk now. so I crush my pill up in a cup now, pour 100ml of milk into the cup with the crushed pill in it,mix good.. and then use the syrenge to draw out what I'm going to discard. It seems to be working

hi theresa,

thats kinda what I had started doing (what collin suggested). Since down into the 70's no on my cylinder, my syrenge is much to small to go down into the milk now. so I crush my pill up in a cup now, pour 100ml of milk into the cup with the crushed pill in it,mix good.. and then use the syrenge to draw out what I'm going to discard. It seems to be working

Thanks Scott!

Yea, I never thought of doing that way. I mix it all up pour it into the cylinder, then pour back and forth into cup until it gets to where I should be. I get to play mad chemist that way, and for me it works because in the process the pills really get stirred up 

But I could save some time if I drew out what I was not going to use from the cup. But it would not as be as much fun!! :wacko:

Hi Hitman,

I use a butter knife to crush my .25mg pill on a mirror. I am pouring my milk up to 50ml in tube, putting in the crushed pill, stirring with a long straw and letting it sit over night. In the morning, I pour it into a little plastic container, draw out my daily reduction and discard. I then draw out my morning dose of 12ml with my syringe and squirt into a little solo (plastic) cup and drink. In the afternoon, I do the same thing and at night I just drink the rest. I am trying to get the bedtime dose down to even out with rest of day. So right now, I am at 12ml am, 12ml at 3:00 and 23ml bedtime.

T2 :smitten:

I have had to hold my titration already, was not doing so good yesterday, just started on Sunday. I am only at 47ml, just am surprised I would feel these small cuts??