utterly confused on how to do this

[sa...]

Hey all!

I've been on 30 mg of temazepam for 2 1/2 years... I'm trying to taper... I already cut back to 22.5mg, but I'm nervous about cutting any more, I don't quite understand the titration method.. could somebody post a step by step "titration for dummies" kind of thing? My temazepam is in capsules, so its powdery.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah

You could have a look at the link I have below in my signature. It's not for temazepam. It's for valium, but maybe it might give you a starting point.

If you know the valium equivalency (I think it's 5mg V = 10mg T - but don't quote me on that), maybe you might be able to work out a tapering schedule that could work for you.

**edit - just checked and that equivalency is correct.  http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

No problem. Let me know if you've got any questions.

I'm not sure how soluble Temazepam is though. I'm guessing it's similar to valium. I did take T a few years ago, but it was only for about a month and I tapered off it quite quickly. Ignorance was bliss back then. I didn’t know anything about benzo w/d. I wish I’d never had to find out.  :-\

Maybe you could try an experiment of popping one of your pills into some water and see if it dissolves completely or if there is particle residue like there is with valium.  If it dissolves completely you could use water instead of milk.