Hello

[be...]

Hello friends I have been taking nitrazepam 5mg every night for the last 35 years.

I have tried many times to withdraw from this addictive drug but the side effects are terryfying.

I have tried reducing by breaking the tablet into four and then reducing by one of the quarters each month.....The horrid withdrawal is just too much to handle.

I suffer dizziness confusion detachment a feeling that I have just gotten off a boat or fairground ride. I also feel nauseous and cant sleep.

I have recently succeeded in giving up Prozac 20mg which I had been on for 15 years......

The withdrawal from that and the well known brain zaps were bad enough.

I am hoping with your support I can rid myself of this horrid and depressing withdrawal.

My age is 62...................I have last night started to reduce by 12.5% in yet another attempt to rid my system of this misery.

Any help is appreciated.

Bengo     

Hello bengo :hug:  Welcome to benzobuddies,

Sorry your having a rough time of it, I am not too familiar with nitrazepam (mogadon),  I am sure one of our members will know more than me. Glad you found us you will get plenty of support here, If you could read through Professor Ashtons Manual you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and how to taper off them, the general rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days

Please feel free to check out the forum and post to any of the dedicated boards, you'll find a great community of people who are here to support and encourage you. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.You might like to post a question to the  Withdrawal and Recovery board  we have a lot of knowledgeable members here who know what your going through and will give sound advice.

Here is a link to the  General Taper Plans  and If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to Create a signature

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Hello bengo and welcome to the forum. You will find an amazing amount of support here.

, I was on benzos for over 15 years and am in my 60s.

I successfully tapered off over a period of 5 month so it is certainly doable.

I found at times I had to hold my dose until the withdrawals settled down a bit before I continued and then just pushed ahead with a slow taper.

Read all the success stories here and hopefully someone that was on the drug you are taking will chime in with support.

Ladygrace12

Hello friends I have been taking nitrazepam 5mg every night for the last 35 years.

I have tried many times to withdraw from this addictive drug but the side effects are terryfying.

I have tried reducing by breaking the tablet into four and then reducing by one of the quarters each month.....The horrid withdrawal is just too much to handle.

I suffer dizziness confusion detachment a feeling that I have just gotten off a boat or fairground ride. I also feel nauseous and cant sleep.

I have recently succeeded in giving up Prozac 20mg which I had been on for 15 years......

The withdrawal from that and the well known brain zaps were bad enough.

I am hoping with your support I can rid myself of this horrid and depressing withdrawal.

My age is 62...................I have last night started to reduce by 12.5% in yet another attempt to rid my system of this misery.

Any help is appreciated.

Bengo   

For me dizziness was an early symptom that resolved itself. Unfortunately it was replaced by other symptoms that were also not pleasant. I have not been off Klonopin long enough to be symptom free. Apparently, time is the magic ingredient and there is no way to short circuit time.

Hello bengo,

Welcome to the forum from me too  :)

I thought you might be interested to know that I have recently finished a taper from Nitrazepam and I had been taking it for over 30 years so it is doable.

I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering. It sounds like your cuts are too large, much greater than is recommended and this could be the reason why you are experiencing such strong symptoms.

It is difficult to make small cuts with Nitrazepam tablets because the smallest strength tablet available is 5 mg but I tapered by titrating the drug, that is crushing it and mixing with milk to make a suspension, this way I was able to make very small, very accurate cuts, if you check my Signature line, it will give you a better idea of how I tapered, this could be an option for you.

Here is a link to The Titration Taper Plan Board where titration is fully explained, do have a read of the pink stickies at the top of this board :

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Alternatively, there is another member here who has also recently finished her taper, she used Nitrazepam in liquid form so again she was able to make tiny, accurate cuts, this could be another option for you.

I'm glad you found us and I wish you success with the taper.

Debbie

Hello bengo,

I am the other person who has recently finished tapering from N by the liquid version and oral syringe (see my signature).

I feel you are trying to make too large a cut. Do read Magrita's link to Prof. Ashton's Manual. It has proved a godsend to me any many others. People here are very helpful and you realise we are not alone with our reactions to tapering.

I see you are in Spain. Does Spain issue Nitrazepam, or do you get it in the UK?

Wishing you success with your plan - remember small cuts and slowly please. Hold if you don't feel ready to make another cut.

Keep us posted  bengo.

Carlton

Hi Carlton  :)

What fantastic news! I thought I was on my own. Congratulations on your amazing  achievement!!

I now also think that I can do this ........Thank you.

:D

Hello Deborah

Thanks for your advice on tapering. Nitrazepam is sent over to Spain from UK for me.......and yes they are difficult to cut accurately

I am over to milk suspension as of tomorrow that must be a winning way to reduce  :idiot:

I now also believe you are correct in that I am reducing too fast, since today I felt nauseous and zombie like all day.

I am so pleased I found benzo buddies and other people that have succeeded since I have failed this four times on my own  :thumbsup:

Hi again Bengo,

You're very welcome for the advice. I'm sure that if you take it slower you will succeed this time.

I'll keep an eye on your progress,

Debbie  :)

Hi bengo,

Us Nitrazepam people seem to be a select few! I do hope all goes well for you. Keep posting  :)

Carlton