wake exhausted and tired all day but energetic in the evening? wtf? adrenals?

Thanks Alabama, Pretty and Beth,

Wow--a lot of fellow cat-lovers around me right now.  Makes me feel good that you all understand.  I broke down again today thinking about him--he was only 9 and SUPER healthy, sleek, and strong.  He had many good years ahead of him.  Such a waste of a perfect, sweet kitty.  The coyote got his hunger satiated for a day, but my cat is gone forever.  Makes me sick.

I think you guys might be able to relate to this and understand why his loss is THAT much harder.  Here goes-you know those days where you just feel so sick and exhausted all day--and you just lay in bed for hours literally trapped in your own body?  You just think of your life and how freaking unfair this situation is and how much you want your LIFE back! You may hear your family around you doing normal things, or see people walking by feeling normal and happy.  Well, it was THOSE days, laying in bed or sitting on the couch where my sweet kitty was such comfort to me. 

He never expected anything of me, or asked questions, or judged me for still being in my pajamas at 3 in the afternoon. Those nights when I had insomnia, I would just pet and pet him while he purred away-it helped take edge off.  Night or day, he would lay by my side or on my lap and show his affection while I gave him pets and cuddles.  I was never as lonely with him by my side.  Animals don't judge and are not on a schedule.  He had all the time in the world for me and was such a comfort to me in my lowest of times.  I probably took that for granted a little--that he was always there right next to me.  And now he's gone.  It feels so empty around here--and empty in my heart.  No one but my fellow benzo buddies understand the loneliness we endure--it's just so hard sometimes. I am thankful that he was there for me during some of the lowest times of my life.  He's my little angel.  :angel:

Anyways, thanks again--and you're right Pretty--it is tough to lose an animal withdrawal or no-withdrawal!  It does hurt like hell.

Thanks for listening and understanding.

Tina

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [al...]

• [pr...]

• [ih...]

• [am...]

Thanks Alabama, Pretty and Beth,

Wow--a lot of fellow cat-lovers around me right now.  Makes me feel good that you all understand.  I broke down again today thinking about him--he was only 9 and SUPER healthy, sleek, and strong.  He had many good years ahead of him.  Such a waste of a perfect, sweet kitty.  The coyote got his hunger satiated for a day, but my cat is gone forever.  Makes me sick.

I think you guys might be able to relate to this and understand why his loss is THAT much harder.  Here goes-you know those days where you just feel so sick and exhausted all day--and you just lay in bed for hours literally trapped in your own body?  You just think of your life and how freaking unfair this situation is and how much you want your LIFE back! You may hear your family around you doing normal things, or see people walking by feeling normal and happy.  Well, it was THOSE days, laying in bed or sitting on the couch where my sweet kitty was such comfort to me. 

He never expected anything of me, or asked questions, or judged me for still being in my pajamas at 3 in the afternoon. Those nights when I had insomnia, I would just pet and pet him while he purred away-it helped take edge off.  Night or day, he would lay by my side or on my lap and show his affection while I gave him pets and cuddles.  I was never as lonely with him by my side.  Animals don't judge and are not on a schedule.  He had all the time in the world for me and was such a comfort to me in my lowest of times.  I probably took that for granted a little--that he was always there right next to me.  And now he's gone.  It feels so empty around here--and empty in my heart.  No one but my fellow benzo buddies understand the loneliness we endure--it's just so hard sometimes. I am thankful that he was there for me during some of the lowest times of my life.  He's my little angel.  :angel:

Anyways, thanks again--and you're right Pretty--it is tough to lose an animal withdrawal or no-withdrawal!  It does hurt like hell.

Thanks for listening and understanding.

Tina

i am so so so sorry Tina! my heart really goes out to you. i've had this happen to me. i've lost more cats than i care to remember.  and that blue russian to a coyote  :'(and even though when my beloved kitty who lived until 27 years old--and she went very cleanly-- i feel like the she ascended because i didn't have to put her to sleep and nothing bad happened to her. and it took her over one month for her transition. i do feel grateful for that and she did help me too when i was in a bad benzo withdrawal. unfortunately, the timing wasn't right and i had to reinstate during her transition. too hard.

maybe you can get another little kitty. let your dreams tell you what to do about this. your kitty should come to you in your dreams now. my kitty is always there in my dreams and it's always so so real when she is. so sorry for your loss. i'm crying right now :'( i really hope you are comforted somehow and in some way!

but back to topic:

and i wanted to ask all you gys and gals, especially alabama since you seem to know a lot about all this stuff and have tried so many supplements and modalities.

i just got an email from Jack Hobson-Dupont, the guy who write "The Benzo Book" he's been helping me and my mother out with lots of things benzo related-- he said it actually took him about 5 1/2 years for him to start feeling like himself. hearing that is a comfort to me because the way i feel, it feels like i could be doing this for a lifetime and never ever feeling good.

i don't know if i have MS or not for sure? and i guess i really won't know until i am healed from this benzo withdrawal. but i have been doing a little research about Low Dose Naltrexone and it seems to be wonderful for so many things to helping women regain their menstrual cycle, MS, Fibromyalgia, etc... and wondering what anyone thought's about it?

i also had asked a question on this thread and still am interested in knowing if one has to do things to help their adrenals before thyroid? or thyroid before adrenals? or does it not matter?

anyway, alabama--i wish you all the best with the rest of your taper. you seem like you have it together and know what to do.

pretty

I'm so sorry for your loss too, Tina, it's lousy that you have to deal with this when you don't have any emotional resources in reserve.

My 2 cats are nearly 19 years old so every day is a bonus at this stage. I used to dread that they would pass on when I was in the bedridden stage as I doubted that I could have coped.

Hugs to you.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have a few friends with MS...is it not possible to have that checked out? I don't know anything about the medications but if they would help than I would take them for sure.....if you have ms than that is an added stress on your system. nobody needs that....as far as the adrenals and thyroid are concerned I have absolutely no idea......honestly I am sure when you mess with one you throw the other off and vice versa and I am sure all of ours are off to some degree....but the question is to what degree.....have you had testing done and do you know what the levels are? to be honest as far as I am concerned none of the supposed adrenal specialts or endocrinologists knew exactly what they were doing and especially had no idea what they were doing with someone in benzo w/d...I am not a doctor so I can't give you advice but if it was me and my levels were ]not in a dangerous area than I would leave it alone and let the reat of your body heal...once you nervous system calms down and stops stealing all your energy the rest of you body should heal...that's my working theory right now......my metabolism is so messed up right now...I eat a really healthy normal calorie diet and I am still constantly putting on weight, bloating and looking like a blimb...I have put on 30 pounds and I know that there is nothing I can do about it until  my system heals then I can handle the diet and exercise because my metabolism could be healed...right now I would fuck it up even more as I have already tried a half dozen times and always crashed and fel t worse.....I hate looking like this but I hate crashing so I guess I will be chubby for awhile...

gosh, i'm the other way around. i lost over 30 lbs the first 2 weeks after the c/t and have not been able to gain any of it back. i am still only 88 lbs. i feel the same way about waiting until most aspects of the benzo w/d is over before starting this protocol and that supplement. but i think it's human nature in this w/d to become frightened that something else is wrong when one is sick for so long and especially being diagnosed with MS. i've already had 5 MRI's and even though some of the doctor's are a bit perplexed about me having MS which only makes me think that everything that is going on with me is only benzo related.

sometimes i still like to have all the basis covered. but i will wait for the most part and heal up naturally as best as possibly and then have some labs done and find a protocol that can do further healing if necessary. i am interested in that LDN--Low Dose Naltrexone drug and have read great things about it for MS and other ailments.

so we will see! take care, pretty

this wave got better for a bit and now it's worse.............it must be my panicking..i haven't been worrying this much in a long time. I stop for a few days it gets better and then I start up worrying...............I reinstated my last dose of zopiclone which was a 1/4 of a pil and felt better but like i took a giant step backwards because I was at my last dose change and I was supposed to jump this coming weekend it was supposed to be a victory this weekend.... but it was too hard I didn't have a choice...going to titrate it, can't do dry cuts.anymore.. then last night and the night before...I wasn't asleep by 4 am and took a 1/\2 pill extra to knock myself out because I was starting a new job yesterday and today and had to sleep other wise I would never have done that 2\ days in a row........I am waking up starving, with sleeping pill hangovers, low low blood pressure, adrenaline rushes , not just awake and energetic at night but now full on can't sleep at night, which I was always able to do......no matter where I was in my taper of sleeping pills or clonazeplam.....I feel like such a failure and I am finding it s o hard not to stress right now, I haven't had symptoms like this in months I feel like I really am going backwards.......I know it's the worrying and messing with doses that makes me regress, but I panic and it's so hard to stay zen. I  need to "fix this" because I want to keep my new awesome job..so I am obsessing about fixing it.....and I know this mentality gets me in the most trouble..the fix it mode....fuck I need to chill....sorry for rambling.

Thank god I found this thread. I am six months into a slow V taper. I was doing OK, some tremors here and there but functioning. Then just recently it all fell apart. I don't get out of bed till the late afternoon, I don't shower, my house is a disaster. I wish I could just breakdown and cry, but I feel no emotion. I utterly despise myself for being like this and causing all this pain for my Husband who is here for me and has taken over the chores, food shopping. I can barely eat and my once muscular body has shriveled. My GP did my blood work and said I have a severe Vitamin D deficiency, he put me on 500,000 MG of Vitamin D twice a week but I just throw it up. So my Husband has been forcing me to take multiple doses of 1000 MG of Vitamin D. Just last month I was able to drive and take dance classes weekly. Now, I rarely leave the house. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen on a super slow taper, my benzo-wise doc told me I was going slow enough that sxs should be minimal. I just want my life back. Two years of Klonopin and I have lost so much, I can't work, we had to file BK. I have always been a glass half full person and extremely cocky and now I cannot stand to even be awake and in my own body. I wish I could just sleep until this is all over.

Thank you everyone for allowing me to vent.

had a great talk with my benzo w/d doctor today...he said the most likely reason I drifted into a bad wave after so many months in a great window (i was cutting the whole time I was in the wave and did not have terrible side effects that's why it freaked me out ) was because of all the stress I was experiencing during and after my last dry cut. I said "what stress, I just had normal stress normal people experience" and he helped me pinpoint the ]stresses I was under and that one doesn't always see the stress for what it is, because we are in a vulnerable state. and he then confirmed, without any prompting from me, that my theory was right...while in benzo w/d he said most waves happen during times of stress and to make sure I take account of my personal  stresses and be aware my stress triggers and that we were very vulnerable to stress. and to not do cuts during those moments because the w/d and the cuts are stressful on the body and they don't need extra stress......... that made me feel so much better......he said it was okay to reinstate, let my body settle down and then cut again when I was in a good place and planned to stay in a good place...I had been in a good place when I cut, but in the coming week after the cut I had enormous stresses......normal to normal people, but enormous to benzo w/d'ers.and I magnified it by freaking out. made me feel so much better and way less panicked......got keep an eye on my stress.....good to know.......I also know that massi]ve doses of vitamins or supplements, even small doses send my body into shock.....maybe you could go slow with the vit d and build up over months...............

That makes so much sense. I am seeing my benzo-wise MD tomorrow and he will probably tell me something similar. He told me not to make a cut if I am experiencing life stresses. He also said to listen to my body above all else, that it is ok if I don't follow my taper schedule exactly and if need be hold until I feel ready to cut.

But, I didn't remember him saying that until you posted this. All

of this is new to me as I am only six months into my slow taper and still at a high dose of Valium. I was doing well so I was overconfident that a wave would never happen to me.

Preceding what was an incredibly nasty wave, I went through some extraordinary stressful situations that all hit me at once. Additionally, I was over-exerting myself physically by forcing myself to take dance classes when my body wasn't strong enough, I always feel like a failure if I don't dance at least 2-3 times a week. During this time, I stayed on my taper schedule and made two cuts and it took awhile to catch up with me - but it did and I was bed ridden.

Today is the first day I feel good and the wave is behind me. But, boy did I learn a lesson from this. I have not been listening to my MD nor my Husband with regards to "slowing down", listening to my body, taking it day by day. My Husband has been telling me that I am susceptible to problems and need rest and that getting through this taper should be my priority. I have stubbornly fought him over this, but he is right I am weaker than I have been willing to admit.

Thank you for your support.

It's all about Serotonin, melatonin and the 24hr circadian rhythm to balance things out.  Serotonin turns into Melatonin.  Melatonin decreases  when it turns back to serotonin  during the day and increases at night when serotonin is suppose to decrease at night.  Melatonin is also suppose to decrease cortisol levels at night.

Some people on benzos  and after withdrawal have what they call reversed cortisol levels, low during the day and high at night until the adrenals become fatigued. That's where adrenaline comes in and causes physical and mental stress, anxiety, panic attacks,  causing cortisol to skyrocket again and again.  No serotonin, no melatonin to keep that circadian rhythm on track.  Everthing works in sinc with each other

i have been reading many links suggesting the idea that an excess of serotonin is actually not a good thing and that there have been so many misconceptions that have deeply embedded into our medical culture and the need for it to be so for the drug companies which does make sense... mind you i am still in research state of mind and think it absolutely abhorrent but it sure seems interesting and i maybe changing my whole belief about it.

here is a link if anyone is interested, although a little hard to understand all of it.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml

whatever in new York I could not have said it better..................I am finally out of my wave. I feel stable and have started to titrate the rest of my taper. but ever so slowly. I wanted to be off these things by now. but I think at the rate I am going I will actually be withdrawing longer than I was on them! I totally fight feeling like a failure all the time because of this slow taper.  but I  am going to accept this at last. it's ok. I would rather taper really slow, not exercise too much, accept the extra 25 pounds I have gained, hold a part time job, see my friends, have a galss of wine and be in a semi functioning state than taper fast , be bed ridden, miserable, in pain, depressed, exhausted, unable to work or socialize because I am FIXATED on being normal (with normal weight, normal energy and normal consistent moods) as soon as possible and getting off these drugs as soon as possible. it backfires all the time......this is my new normal for now. I am going to accept it and not fight it anymore. I am pissed about it but how is that going to help me...I am literally never taking supplements again, breathing as much as I can, trying not to hate my body when I look in the mirror, trying ot get as much nutrient dense food into my body to help it heal regardless of the calories, enjoying stability....I will not be who I was for a long time, I won't have the body, the energy, the mental clarity and lack of pain.....so I better accept this situation and make it as tolerable and stable as possible....and the only way I can do that is if I listen to my body and make adjustments based on what it is telling day to day regardless of what I want to tell it. to do.........period. gonna work hard on that. and I  now know as my dr explained to me that high cortisol produces just as many fatigue symptoms as low cortisol and either way the remedy is the same.....manage your stress.

Alabama I am happy your wave has passed. And I agree NO more supplements for me either.

I understand the obsession with weight. 25-30 pounds of excess weight is not a lot in the grand scheme of things and when you have stabilized and your activity level is normal I am willing to bet at least half of it if not all will come off on its own and a good exercise program will take care of the rest if need be. When I was poly-drugged in the late 90's I gained 60 pounds! It all melted off over a few months with no effort on my part. Many of us have a natural weight our body sustains and if this gets altered by meds overtime in absence of those meds your body will go back to its natural plateau.

Thank you for the encouragement you have given me. I wish you the best in your recovery. Let us take it day by day and listen to our bodies and be more cognizant of stress in our life. If we need to spend the day in a state of rest let us try not to hate ourselves for it. Easier said then done, but we need to remember that the price we pay is a wave. So as much as we can control

avoiding one, we should.

I know....we feel or at least I do that if I can just force myself to do normal things I used to  and look the way I used to without the weight than somehow I will be normal and finally feel normal..........such delusional thinking in withdrawal, but such normal thinking for a normal person..............and I have to accept that those rules do not apply to me anymore.....I can't exercise, cut calories, take supplements, etc....to encourage good health.......if I push to do and look normal I will not be normal I will be sicker. it sucks because I have to learn my limitations.............and the more I do that the more I will feel normal and the more I will become normal...it's all so damn backwards to the way things were done pre benzo.....]it was explained to me by my doctor that a person who takes medical grade cortisol pills will gain weight , average twenty to thirty pounds with a couple months regardless of their diet. they can literally have the healthiest diet like I do and always have, and not change anything, but the body goes into protection mode from the excess stress hormone cortisol and puts on weight to protect itself...and until it no longer feels the stress it will not release the weight no matter what..........all the stress I put on it from dieting, supplements, worry, tapering etc just create more cortisol and makes the problem worse. my diet is a very healthy caloric intake diet.......not diet but way of eating, I have eaten this way for fifteen twenty years...reducing calories in a normal state would be crazy because it is not undhealthy.....I don't eat junk food or crap so I could not understand why I was gaining and gaining and the ore I stressed the more I gained........the worse I felt . not doing that anyore...........I will be patient it is good to hear that my doctor wa right and that the same thing happened to you, it just melted off when your body healed. this is what my dr said would happen......yay! thanks! I t is just really hard to llook in the mirror everyday and have a physical reminder that you are not yourself anymore....]so hard. I feel like it would somehow be easier if I looked like myself.....but that is a pipe dream now, nothing I can do but wait it out.....

Hi All,

Glad to fall into this conversation. So much about the fatigue exhaustion, strange energy pattern thru the day and night, weight gain, etc is the very same for me too.  Very confusing experience - I used to be such a constant bundle of energy. Thanks for kicking this off alabamawerle.

Prettydaisys, My benzo-wise dr suggested I look into low dose naltrexone - I'm so skeptical of meds at this point, I didn't spend much time on the topic but still wondering. I'll have to get reading again...

I hope health and energy return to us all soon.

Prettydaisys, My benzo-wise dr suggested I look into low dose naltrexone - I'm so skeptical of meds at this point, I didn't spend much time on the topic but still wondering. I'll have to get reading again...

I hope health and energy return to us all soon.

i've been doing a ton of research about it and i am going to make an appt. with a doctor who tried to help me taper from benzo's. my fault i couldn't taper. but i also need to taper from the suboxone and since the LDN is an opiate antagonist i can't take the suboxone and LDN and the same time/or he would help me use a very small amount of the LDN to actually get off the suboxone. but i have only heard very good things about the LDN and i will be on it for awhile.

i heard it's great for people with MS and since i have the diagnosis (whether i really have the disease or not remains to be seen) i heard LDN is a miracle drug for helping to heal leison's on the brain and that is what i really would like done since i guess the MRI's do show a few leison's. and it's also good for helping a women's cycle to return and so many other things. i have a lot of info on it if you're interested. or you can just google it and they have many websites that talk about it. i am excited about it!

pretty

whatever in new York I could not have said it better..................I am finally out of my wave. I feel stable and have started to titrate the rest of my taper. but ever so slowly. I wanted to be off these things by now. but I think at the rate I am going I will actually be withdrawing longer than I was on them! I totally fight feeling like a failure all the time because of this slow taper.  but I  am going to accept this at last. it's ok. I would rather taper really slow, not exercise too much, accept the extra 25 pounds I have gained, hold a part time job, see my friends, have a galss of wine and be in a semi functioning state than taper fast , be bed ridden, miserable, in pain, depressed, exhausted, unable to work or socialize because I am FIXATED on being normal (with normal weight, normal energy and normal consistent moods) as soon as possible and getting off these drugs as soon as possible. it backfires all the time......this is my new normal for now. I am going to accept it and not fight it anymore. I am pissed about it but how is that going to help me...I am literally never taking supplements again, breathing as much as I can, trying not to hate my body when I look in the mirror, trying ot get as much nutrient dense food into my body to help it heal regardless of the calories, enjoying stability....I will not be who I was for a long time, I won't have the body, the energy, the mental clarity and lack of pain.....so I better accept this situation and make it as tolerable and stable as possible....and the only way I can do that is if I listen to my body and make adjustments based on what it is telling day to day regardless of what I want to tell it. to do.........period. gonna work hard on that. and I  now know as my dr explained to me that high cortisol produces just as many fatigue symptoms as low cortisol and either way the remedy is the same.....manage your stress.

OMG -I sure can relate to this!

I've been thinking about this for a few days since my saliva test results came back showing normal cortisol and high testosterone(wtf???!!) and low everything else - estrogen, progesterone and DHEA.

My first idea - let's take DHEA then, so everything gets back to normal - so stupid of me... :idiot:

Every time something is wrong - I try to FIX IT NOW because I can't accept that I'm sick, tired and not myself anymore. I have no clothes I can wear because I used to be size 2 and I refuse to buy new stuff because I hate the way my body looks now. It's such a vicious cycle to stress out about getting my life back and I sabotage my taper because I have absolutely no patience.

I cut 50% of my dosage in two months and now I'm bedridden. Great job. What's the point?...

I thought it was Adrenal Fatigue getting worse and as long as I could still sleep I thought I could handle bigger cuts but since my morning cortisol is 8 it's obvious that it's my fast taper that makes me so sick.

I know I have to focus on accepting things now because resisting this only creates more stress and makes me sicker.

Closet filled with supplements, bunch of endocrinology textbooks - it's not helping at all...

Good food, light yoga, meditation, being in the nature - that's what the true healing is all about but for some reason my controlling mind always gets in the way.

I hate to go backwards but maybe I should reinstate at 1 mg and start tapering slowly? It's going to be way longer than I thought then (planned to be done by the end of summer) but the pain is so severe now I don't know if I can tolerate it much longer.

Pretty

I remember you asking if you should treat your adrenals or thyroid first. I don't remember if you got your answer but most doctors say you should always start with the adrenals.

My thyroid is messed up too - I didn't even start my research on the subject until my adrenals are ok.

Also look into hypo-pituitarism. If the pituitary is under active then a person develops problems with their HPA, HPT and HPG axises and ALL of their hormones become really messed up. I suspect this is the true cause why I had to always rely on meds throughout my life because I could never function properly.

All the best guys and stay strong

I was a size 5 now I am a size 10. I resisted and resisted buying new clothes.....I am a goodwill/sally ann/thrift store shopper and vintage store lover so buying new clothes is not expensive....yet I resisted. I slowly bought the size 7/8's, then grew out of those and went to size 9/10's and almost cried when I bought them......but you know what? I love fashion, I was a fashion designer for years and years......and having sweet, colourful, fun clothes that make me feel happy..... well..... as superficial as it is, makes me happy! and if I can't love my body at a size 10 I can't love it at a size 5. and really it's not about the size in the end is it..it is about looking in the mirror and not seeing me. I know if I was still a size 5 I would see more of me, but I would still be absent in my head, so it would be mirror trickery! lol! I am a shadow of myself. if I was a size 5, then when I looked in the mirror I would see the sallow skin, dark eyes, thinning hair( a lot of my hair has fallen out!) I can't win...I will be able to see me in the mirror when I am back, until then I will use smoke and screens and buy cute lipsticks and dye my hair fun colours and have happy clothing....... no matter what the size........go treat yourself to some new clothes! and accept that things hang differently in larger sizes then you are used to you, so you have to try new cuts and styles......

regarding the other drug...all I can say is everytime I have tried to add something new it has been a disaster. period. no exceptions. my body changes so quickly during this w/d that what works one day does not the next. what worked 5 years ago I cannot tolerate now.........perfect example...I was on the low dose progesterone only birth control pill for 8 years no problem............I have tried to go back on it three times during this taper.........holy depression! very very scary.........not to mention the other drugs, supplements and vitamins...........my benzo w/d doctor says if I take a pill to solve a problem with my energy levels that  am going to create another problem.....I have to resist trying to fix things with a pill. unless life threatening of course! my body wants and has the ability to heal and find homeostasis so I have to get out of it's way and let it....that involves no more overreactions to stress. for me.no more tests, reading research, internet research, books, nauturopaths, , specialists, etc.............if you take the average person off the street and had them tested at naseum I am sure they would have a lot of things off too. let the brain heal first is how I am going to do it, and let the cascading effect take place afterwards. at least I am going to try my darndest to keep to this plan! lol! this thread will help when I fall of the wagon! thanks ladies!

oh and by the way...my energy levels have switched once a gain! they are alternating between the tired all day and awake at night, and the new peppy in the morning until 2\ ish and then fatigue but not severe, after that...................and long deep deep sleeps.....so fucking weird. oh well it is what it is.....can't wait to see what next week holds!lol. the only thing I did differently was updose a tiny tiny bit of clonaz to quit the rest of my z taper, started titrating, get back on board with my low glycemic  high nutrient dense food eating habits and really be aware of my stress....I notice now when I am stressing, and I can feel when I am clenching my teeth and when I am holding my stomach tight.....I am totally aware of it now and I say...ok what is the problem here...am I rushing, frantic, worrying, or in a panic......and while mostly it is mild stress I know to my body it is major stress so I take a deep breath correct my body stress and mental attitude and slow down......I hope it keep]s working!

Thank you for encouragement, alabama!

I'm glad that you've got some energy now.

I also went a bit backwards with my taper because I developed severe burning pain in my muscles and joints. And miraculously my energy picked up too!

I always thought that true WD will manifest itself as insomnia as its primary symptom and as long as I can sleep at night it's ok to keep making cuts every week. I never realized that all that fatigue and pain could be because my body never caught up with the taper.

Good luck to you and I believe we are going to heal and regain our life back!

Pretty

I remember you asking if you should treat your adrenals or thyroid first. I don't remember if you got your answer but most doctors say you should always start with the adrenals.

My thyroid is messed up too - I didn't even start my research on the subject until my adrenals are ok.

Also look into hypo-pituitarism. If the pituitary is under active then a person develops problems with their HPA, HPT and HPG axises and ALL of their hormones become really messed up. I suspect this is the true cause why I had to always rely on meds throughout my life because I could never function properly.

All the best guys and stay strong

i didn't get any kind of answer to my question so thank you! i had also read that when all those sex hormones are out of balance that fixing the pregnenlalone level with automatically help the DHEA, progesterone and all the rest. i am going to get a really high quality pregnenlalone and just see how it affect me. i am doing okay on all the supplements i am slowly incorporating into my system which is colostrum, B12, milk thistle, vitamin K2/D3 (only cause i take a lot of aspirin) and probiotic.

thanks again amber and hope that everything balances out for all of us and many windows to everyone!

pretty

p.s. here is an interesting link about adrenals and pregnenlalone if your interested? by Dr. Mercola

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/08/27/adrenals.aspx

PD, pregnenolone is a GABA antagonist, (blocker), so there is a risk that it may cause a wave for you.

that's too bad. what does antagonist blocker mean? maybe i will wait until more healed but getting so annoyed at the length this is taking.

here is an interesting quote on another forum i am on;

""Regarding the pregnenolone steal theory, It would be interesting to know who started that, it's a mechanical way of thinking about physiology that ignores the things that really matter. Thyroid hormone, vitamin A, and cholesterol support the formation of pregnenolone, and the well nourished body is able to make large adjustments in these, to minimize the need for cortisol. In health, enough pregnenolone and progesterone are produced to inhibit the stress systems, for example by inhibiting the release of ACTH. When something prevents the formation of pregnenolone and progesterone, rising ACTH will increase its production as conditions permit, but if something, such as thyroid hormone, is lacking, the ACTH will increase cortisol, often with DHEA and the androgens increasing too, if resources permit; sometimes the stressed system is able to sustain only cortisol and aldosterone production, and that leads to degenerative problems."

Antagonist means that pregnenolone can block your GABA receptors so that less GABA can attach, leading to a more stimulated feeling.

It's true that the production of steroids is interrelated to the HPA & dysfunction in either can throw the other out.