electricity running through my veins

anyone else experiencing this?

Sometimes it's a powerful jolt I feel below my breast-bone - I imagine this is what being tazered feels like; but most days it's a constant feeling in my ...bloodstream I guess.

Does anyone know what this is and what to do to make it go away?

And then there is the internal buzzing, and the pins and needles all over my body (the ones in my face and mouth are probably the worst) and the exhaustion, the weakness, the depression, the pain, the interrupted sleep, the nightmares, the out of the blue tachycardia ...I can go on for pages. Am I fun to be around or what?

I honestly though I'd get somewhat better by now, but it looks like the exact opposite is happening to me.

I'm keeping busy, trying to distract myself, I practice deep breathing, I (try to) keep a positive attitude...I've seen many drs - most of them shrug their shoulders, others send me for more testing but nothing is conclusive ...I honestly don't know what else to try... Ranting over.

Thanks for reading.

Amy

Amy  It sounds like e vdry thing I'm goi g through it has to be withdrawal. The worst for me at the moment is severe depression a d fatigue with no interest In anything I'm sorry you're going through this too

Hello Amy,

Wow, that's a lot of severe symptoms for being 4 months off!  I wish I had some advice

for you.  I am 18 days off and having a bout of anger and depression along with persistant

sore muscles.  I only experienced the electric brain zaps and shivers my first two weeks

cold turkey back in January.  I hope someone with more experience answers you soon,

I would like to know too.

Wishing you better days soon,

Ringo

Hi Amy,

I have everything you described except the jolt under the breast bone. I am 3 months out. I read Parker's thread about supplements and thinking of trying b-100 complex. I have felt improvement with my numbness and tingling from biotin and seem to tolerate it well. I understand the frustration with the multiple Dr visits not bringing any help. And yeah, when sxs are strong we can feel not very fun to be around but you can hang out with me any time! Looks like you are doing all you can to cope. It is very discouraging I know but the posts from people who recover give me hope that one day this will all be gone (or at least a lot better!).

Take care,

Healing

Sorry your having all of this!  I had everything you mention except the jolt below the breastbone at 4 mo. off.  Things started settling down for me around mo 5.  I'm still tingling, though, and I'm 15 mo. off.    You are doing all the right things, trying to distract and stay positive.    You will find good information about symptoms in the Ashton Manual here:  http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

Also, this helps explain a lot of why we feel the way we do during withdrawal in "What is Happening in Your Brain"    http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.msg886973#msg886973

All of this is normal withdrawal and will get better as you heal. 

Healing thoughts,

Sunnyside

Hi Amy, I am 7 weeks out and have everything  you have and more. The electric sensations cover every inch of my body even my teeth! I have it in my mouth probably the worst. It has not left for one second for months, I know how awful you feel. You asked what it is, this is the sensation I have had for years, when I would feel it I would take my k-pin and it would go away. I always thought it was anxiety and now know it was my body screaming for the meds because i was addicted. I believe its our nerve endings freaking out because they don't know how to calm down on their own.

I have also seen many Dr.s, nothing else is wrong with me thank God. This past Sun. I went to the

E.R. for the extreme exhaustion and the DR. Confirmed all my symptoms as benzo withdrawal and said to give it 6 mos. It was very validating.

I know how frustrating it is, I have been home for almost 4 mos. And in bed much of the time. I feel like I have lost all focus and sense of reality. My days are a blur of pain and frustration but I KNOW it will end.

We are all hanging on together!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Wish I had some energy to write more, but today has been pretty bad. I'm still tingling/vibrating like a tuning fork and all these symptoms are so darn tiring...if only I could get some decent sleep tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Again many thanks and know that my heart goes out to everyone going through benzo w/d. It's unfair and it SUCKS! There I got it off my chest.

Blessings and strength to all,

Amy

I've had it briefly recently mosly down my arm into my hands. It only occurs infrequently and has subsided. 

anyone else experiencing this?

I imagine this is what being tazered feels like; but most days it's a constant feeling in my ...bloodstream I guess.

Does anyone know what this is and what to do to make it go away? And then there is the internal buzzing, and the pins and needles all over my body (the ones in my face and mouth are probably the worst) and the exhaustion, the weakness, the depression, the pain, the interrupted sleep, the nightmares, the out of the blue tachycardia ...

Hey Amy,

Yes, I can relate. Feelings of electricity running through my veins? Check. I've also said that I have felt like my body fluids were replaced with battery acid - like electric chemicals coursing through me. Feeling tazered? Check. Internal buzzing? Check. Buzzing, vibrating, tingling, bubbling - the gamut of unnatural feelings. The Inuit have multiple words to describe different kinds of snow. I have multiple ways to describe the multitude of electric/chemical sensations that run through my body. Pins and needles all over check. And I agree, the ones in the mouth (and the throat) are the worst. Sometimes it feels "chemically" too. Sometimes the pins and needles are inside my sinuses - especially in the nasal area. Interrupted sleep from all the buzzing/vibrating? Check. Exhaustion? Check. Weakness? Getting worse all the time - particularly the muscles and membranes in my mouth and neck. Sometimes my head nods or "dips down" on my neck like it's too weak to hold up. Tachycardia. Yes, multiple times daily.

What to do about it the vibrations? I have no idea. At 11 months out I'm starting on B vitamins. I couldn't take them before, but I'm adding them in small doses now, especially B12. Sometimes I think it helps, but I'm not sure. Magnesium helps with my heart palpitations. When they start going, I'll put a chelated magnesium tablet in my mouth and suck on it or I'll put a half teaspoon of Calm magnesium citrate in water and drink it. That definitely helps me.

Bests,

Rainy

thanks again everyone. It means a lot to know I'm not alone in this.

Last night was horrible, today things felt a bit more manageable though.

will keep you posted.

Amy

hi amy,

when i was about 3 months out--i would have severe electricity running through both my arms and my arms would go up involuntarily. they would just keep going up and down with this horrible burning electricity. it scared the shit out of me. i wanted to go to the ER but that would've meant my 4th time in 3 months and i wasn't about to take another rescue dose. i had taken 3 rescue doses.

i am 13 months out and i am just starting some B12 sublingual vitamins. hearing more and more how B12 deficiency is a very bad thing to have and since i was diagnosed with MS (whether i really have that or not?) i don't wish to mess around with that. of course i will get my B12 levels checked along with numerous other nutrients such as magnesium, Vitamin D, etc...i've been too scared to try any B vitamins since i have heard so many people reacting to them and going into waves. but i think i am far enough out to at least try it.

i also have felt powerful jolts underneath my breast bone. and it does feel like one is being tazered. this is all benzo w/d unfortunately. it will get better. you just have to ride it out. like i am riding out all the things that my brain is still doing.

I just wanted to report that I'm thinking more now that the B12 dots have helped me. I've had no vibrations and "rocking boat" sensations in my head since I started on the B12 dots. I take 1500 mcg per day, divided into 3 doses. You can be B12 deficient and not have it show up in your serum. Apparently, people with autoimmune diseases (I have RA) may get enough vitamin B in their diets but not be able to process it efficiently. So you might want to test with B12 supplements to see if they help -- but go slowly. I started out with one 500 mcg dot per day and added one more each week.

Since we might have leaky guts because of all the GABA receptors in the gut, and since so many of us are prone to hypoglycemia during w/d, I am believing that w/d has affected my vitamins. Since w/d, I have been found deficient in D, B1, and A. The B12 showed normal, but if you get enough folate/folic acid, it can mask B12 deficiency.

Another word of caution -- be careful with B complex! For some reason, I can take the B12 dots and the B1 100mg capsule, but if I take a B complex -- even if I divide it up into halves or quarters -- it revs me up. I get agitated and panicky from the complex. I don't know why that is.

rainy,

i too just started the b12 tabs. i can only take about 1/4 tab. i took 1/2 b12 and it revved me up but i feel like i should be taking the b12 since i had an MS diagnosis. i plan to get all my blood tests as soon as i find a Holistic Doctor or Functional Med Doc.

like Vitamin D, folic acid. B12, magnesium, thyroid. MMA test and that MTHFR GENE. everything across the board and all hormones too. i found a good doc but he doesn't take insurance and is quite pricey.

i am also looking into LDN--Low Dose Naltrexone for MS leison's and to possibly help me come off the opiate drug called suboxone i've been on. i heard about it a lot and then Jack Hobson-Dupont emailed me with news that he is starting it too.

he is the one whole wrote "The Benzo Book" and he has been helping me and my mother. he also is the one who told me that it took him 5 1/2 years to "feel like himself again" after his benzo withdrawal and he tapered slowly.

take care,

pretty

Well, I spoke too soon. The vibrations are back and just as bad as before, so the B12 didn't help that after all. Sorry for the confusion.

• 1 month later...

I have all of those symptoms.  Will be thrilled when they are gone.  Think they may be somewhat better. 

Exhausted.  Slept 4.5 hrs last night.  No Benadryl last 2 nights.  That may be why. 

I would have responded to this thread before now if it was described as electricity. These sxs are far too hard to describe. This sxs is a real doozy for me...I just cannot stay still or get comfortable when the electric feeling comes. I feel like I am plugged into an electric outlet..Hence i respond to the word "electricity" for this sx.

RBB

been feeling plugged in for 15 months now. it's absolutely unbelievable! i'm still humming although it's finally a little better for 8 days!

it will get better for you RBB!

Thanks to each and every one of you.

Wish I had some energy to write more, but today has been pretty bad. I'm still tingling/vibrating like a tuning fork and all these symptoms are so darn tiring...if only I could get some decent sleep tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Again many thanks and know that my heart goes out to everyone going through benzo w/d. It's unfair and it SUCKS! There I got it off my chest.

Blessings and strength to all,

Amy

Amy how are the vibs now? Are u able to function with them they keep me off my feet as I don't feel them when in bed? Pls let me know how your doing at this point?  Sending hugs!

I just wanted to report that I'm thinking more now that the B12 dots have helped me. I've had no vibrations and "rocking boat" sensations in my head since I started on the B12 dots. I take 1500 mcg per day, divided into 3 doses. You can be B12 deficient and not have it show up in your serum. Apparently, people with autoimmune diseases (I have RA) may get enough vitamin B in their diets but not be able to process it efficiently. So you might want to test with B12 supplements to see if they help -- but go slowly. I started out with one 500 mcg dot per day and added one more each week.

Since we might have leaky guts because of all the GABA receptors in the gut, and since so many of us are prone to hypoglycemia during w/d, I am believing that w/d has affected my vitamins. Since w/d, I have been found deficient in D, B1, and A. The B12 showed normal, but if you get enough folate/folic acid, it can mask B12 deficiency.

Another word of caution -- be careful with B complex! For some reason, I can take the B12 dots and the B1 100mg capsule, but if I take a B complex -- even if I divide it up into halves or quarters -- it revs me up. I get agitated and panicky from the complex. I don't know why that is.

What do u mean when u say b12 dots? Do u mean shots?

been feeling plugged in for 15 months now. it's absolutely unbelievable! i'm still humming although it's finally a little better for 8 days!

[/quote

Are u able to function with this humming is it a low level hum as with mine I can't stand it if i stand in one place ill never make it in bed for 15m if hate the case?

[/quote

Are u able to function with this humming is it a low level hum as with mine I can't stand it if i stand in one place ill never make it in bed for 15m if hate the case?

What do u mean when u say b12 dots? Do u mean shots?

when i spoke to Rainy she said " I got the B12 dots at the Vitamin Shoppe. The brand is Bariatric Support. They're just small little pellets"

i take B12 sublingual tabs from Country Life which is an active form of dibencozide. be careful with any B vitamin especially is you are early out ~