Almost at 10 ml and the end

[To...]

Hey there,

This is my first post here. I've been following my own titration schedule, tapering off .5 of Lorazepam since April. As noted in my signature, before titration I stabilized directly at .5 and boy was it rough. Comparatively, titration has been wonderful. I've made a few mistakes in tapering speed (which is why all users should definitely ask a schedule from Colin) but it looks like I'm going to make it. I've been recently going down 1 ml per day and today I just hit 15 ml (.075 mg).

On my cylinder, there's no markings below 10 ml. So how would I get an exact reading for 9 ml and below?

And as for finally coming off the drug, is it really that necessary to go all the way to 1 ml? Is there really a difference between 7 ml (.035 mg) and 1 ml (.005 mg) or between 5 ml (.025 mg) and 1 ml? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Are you using our titration method? If so, you can instead deduct the amount you need from the cylinder and use this for you dose, rather than dispose of what you don't need and using what's left in the cylinder. So, if you make up 100ml, and you require just 9ml for you dose, carefully remove 9ml from the cylinder and use this. You might find it easier to obtain a 10ml syringe body and use this instead of simply pouring out the liquid. This should keep things accurate for you.

If you method varies from ours, give me some details and I will try to resolve this for you.

Hi

I too dont know your method but, however you do it you could double your solution, by that I mean if 10ml equalls .1mg you could make a 20 ml equals .2mg, then for 9ml just pour out 9ml leaving 11ml. OR I dont know where you live but you could just buy a baby dropper at a drug store thier marked in 1ml increments

Bobers

Hi

I too dont know your method but, however you do it you could double your solution, by that I mean if 10ml equalls .1mg you could make a 20 ml equals .2mg, then for 9ml just pour out 9ml leaving 11ml. OR I dont know where you live but you could just buy a baby dropper at a drug store thier marked in 1ml increments

Bobers

. . . and when the dose required is less than 5ml? ;) Of course, take your suggestion further, and further dilute the liquid, but I think a syringe is the easiest option.

Hey guys,

Yes, I'm using the method written by Colin, filling the cylinder initially to 100 ml and then pouring out the difference before I drink. Thanks for all the great advice. I'll try to look at my local vet, cooking and drug stores for a syringe. If I can't find one, I'll just carefully pour the required amount (9 ml and below) into a cup.

So how far do you think it's necessary to go? Would 4 ml (.002 mg) be okay? I admit, though, I'm intrigued by going as low as possible. Ever since I've been decreasing 1 ml per day, I've felt absolutely no symptoms except the usual sleep challenges. If that's the case, what happens when I'm finally reach zero? No withdrawals, just like stepping off the escalator? Anybody have experience in this?

• 2 weeks later...

I found it easier towards the end, and stepping of at a super low dose worked really well for me. I think it's a wise way to go.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony

I found it easier towards the end, and stepping of at a super low dose worked really well for me. I think it's a wise way to go.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony, thanks for your answer. I've found this to be the truth too. I feel better every day I lower the dose. The past 2 weeks my sleep has especially improved. Last two nights I've slept nine hours of quality sleep without any sleep aids, something I've been unable to do for months. I hope this means my natural GABA is returning. I've took 5 ml today, a very small .025 mg. In four days I reach 1 ml. I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

Well, I just finished my 9 week tapering plan. To celebrate, I poured my last drops of milk (.005 mg) into a chocolate shake I bought last night and sipped it up. Although I don't plan to take Lorazepam again, I not going to shout "Benzo Free" in my signature just yet. I'd like to see how my recovery goes. Just in case this might be helpful to anyone, I'll report how I'm doing later.

Thanks for this site for all the information. The positive attitude from the moderators is awesome.

Yay Tommy!!! I too went really low before I got off.  I had a few anxious days, one or two here and there, but nothing I couldn't deal with, and they weren't any worse than when I was on the diazepam.

It gets better from here on out! Congratulations!

rufus

Although I don't plan to take Lorazepam again, I not going to shout "Benzo Free" in my signature just yet. I'd like to see how my recovery goes.

Well, I'll just post your medal here.....You earned it!  ;)

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2769/benzofreedomlo5.jpg

Congratulations on shaking off those benzo-shackles. Freedom ROCKS!  Happy healing..... ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to give an update. First, thanks for all the congrats. I really appreciated it because many times during the nine weeks I was facing this alone. I wish I could've used this board more for social support but I experienced a period where the withdrawals made it difficult to read anything on the Internet.

Anyways, not too much to report which is good. My sleep quality continues to improve. During the tapering I would wake up every hour. As the tapering approached the end, I began waking up every two or three hours. Now, I'm only waking up once during the night. Not sure if this is a concern but I haven't been able to take any naps during the day which I was able to do before Lorazepam. Maybe that'll come back in time.

No other withdrawal problems whatsoever which could be due to my short time on Lorazepam but especially due to titration. When I told my brother (a chemist) over the phone about how I used benzobuddies.org's method of using milk with titration he agreed that was an "ingenious" idea. Hopefully, this method will one day move beyond the chat boards and to the mainstream where family doctors's will be setting up titration schedules for their patients.

I'm now concentrating on the symptoms that caused me to take a drug in the first place, anxiety, depression. I'll be seeing a psychiatrist for non-drug therapy and on my own I'm trying to lead a more happier life.

Okay, I'm now shouting this from my signature: I'm BENZO-FREE!!!!

Hi, just wanted to give an update. First, thanks for all the congrats. I really appreciated it because many times during the nine weeks I was facing this alone. I wish I could've used this board more for social support but I experienced a period where the withdrawals made it difficult to read anything on the Internet.

Using a monitor is something with which a lot people experience difficulties during withdrawal. Please do continue to come here if you feel you need support post-benzo withdrawal.

Anyways, not too much to report which is good. My sleep quality continues to improve. During the tapering I would wake up every hour. As the tapering approached the end, I began waking up every two or three hours. Now, I'm only waking up once during the night. Not sure if this is a concern but I haven't been able to take any naps during the day which I was able to do before Lorazepam. Maybe that'll come back in time.

All this sounds pretty usual. Sometimes the recovery period cam be a little bumpy, with temporary worsening of withdrawal symptoms, but if this should occur, it is temporary - just a blip. It sounds as though you are actually doing pretty well though, so you will probably make a full recovery sooner rather than later.

No other withdrawal problems whatsoever which could be due to my short time on Lorazepam but especially due to titration. When I told my brother (a chemist) over the phone about how I used benzobuddies.org's method of using milk with titration he agreed that was an "ingenious" idea. Hopefully, this method will one day move beyond the chat boards and to the mainstream where family doctors's will be setting up titration schedules for their patients.

This 'ingenious' idea came form Jana, a previous moderator on the forum. Full-fat homogenised milk is a better suspension medium than water. People report good results when using milk.

I'm now concentrating on the symptoms that caused me to take a drug in the first place, anxiety, depression. I'll be seeing a psychiatrist for non-drug therapy and on my own I'm trying to lead a more happier life.

Many people report that they can better manage such things- after quitting benzos - than they ever could in the past. I can only suppose that overcoming benzo dependence helps people understand that they are stronger than they realised.

....And why not! Well done. :)

[move]Congratulations Tommy!!![/move]

Edit: just tweaking to remove the scroll bar. Colin

http://www.tonypirog.com/stan_and_ollie.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yippee:  Hope to be where you are soon and I hope it goes as smooth as yours seems to have gone!  You give me hope!!

Mal