Important Survey - Please Participate ×

can anyone tell me what's going on? (really desperate.)

hello everyone,

my worst symptom is "whack brain" condition that happens every night. it starts with little anxiety and nervous feeling. and then, it goes into having a panic attack in my brain without any physical symptoms. all the nervous system in the brain must be revved up. here are the details ;

1. was like this for a long time. since, taking the benzo.

2. used to take klonopin at 9:00pm, and gave me a relief when taken. (relief by around 10~11:00pm.)

3. it's happening every night.

4. sometimes, it starts early as 6~7:00pm and last until 11:00pm~1:00am.

5. this is really intense suffering and lasting too long.

6. for last couple nights, the severity was somewhat tolerable. i thought, i was finally getting a break. and tonight, it came back with full throttle. still suffering while i am sending this pm.

7. at the beginning of taking benzo, stupid doctor forced me to take celexa along with remeron, seroquel, xanax, and seroquel.

and, it was celexa that intensified the anxiety and panic attack.(i found out this later with my own experiment.)

anyway, severely suffered for whole three weeks. could not eat, sleep, or do anything.

8. right before this happens, it's my best time of day. very relaxed and calm. almost feel like myself.

9. starts with some anxiety feeling and nervousness. and then, it changes into this "whack brain" condition.

10. this "whack brain" condition is like having a panic attack in your brain without any physical symptoms. it feels like all the nerves in your brain has been revved up. think of it as a having a really nasty "hang over" or major headache with bad flu. (or combination.)

11. when this "whack brain" eases out late at night, i get what you call "semi window".

thanking you in advance for your inputs.

I wish I could tell u, but I had some really crazy symptoms at the beginning of my withdrawal and by the 5th month they went away. Never thought they would leave. Now I just have lesser crazy symptoms. What can I say? My friend from work tells me that nerves have memory and it takes time for the nervous system to calm down. She was on 3 drugs for severe migraine headaches Depakote, Elavil, Kalonapin and went cold turkey as she was determined to get off of all of them. She is perfectly fine. I work with her. She is an example of true healing.

Hi pacific ocean,

Are you currently taking any druggs at all, or are you completely clear?

It must be  eather some interdose WD of some kind, or something relating to your daily melatonan cycle.

Maybe fiddling with sleep, having a little doze in the afternoons or something might effect it?

Currently, I have a kind of up donw pattern during most days, where for part of the time, I feel quite good, almost normal, and then later I'll get some anxiety with the gut chirns and if I try to sleep then, I'll have worse anxiety!

It seems to be directly related to melatonan cycle for me.

Hi pacific ocean,

Are you currently taking any druggs at all, or are you completely clear?

It must be  eather some interdose WD of some kind, or something relating to your daily melatonan cycle.

Maybe fiddling with sleep, having a little doze in the afternoons or something might effect it?

Currently, I have a kind of up donw pattern during most days, where for part of the time, I feel quite good, almost normal, and then later I'll get some anxiety with the gut chirns and if I try to sleep then, I'll have worse anxiety!

It seems to be directly related to melatonan cycle for me.

hi surprised,

i am benzo free for 41 days now. no other medications. taking vitamin C everyday. magnesium and benadryl once in a while for sleeping aid. (not too often though.)

i also experience almost normal and not normal through out the day. interesting that you mentioned "melatonan cycle". late in the afternoon and during the night, i was yawning a lot. of course, still can't sleep. if it's related to "melatonan cycle", any suggestions at all?

has been going through this torture too long.ugh.

Hi,

I don't have much to suggest except to perhaps try changing the times you take the suppliments 1 at a time, and see if the nasty time moves.

Only other idea might be as I mentioned in the last post, that you might be able to break up your sleep or change the times you get up or even expose yourself to light late at night or early in the morning to see if it is melatonan.

You might manage to find what it is, and possably fix the problem.

It's also possible this symptom could spontaniously vanish with no warning and never come back.

That's pretty common in WD too!

Good luck, and Please let us know if you find out anything interesting about this!

hi surprised,

1. what effect this "melatonan cycle" create?

2. can't sleep very well. it isn't until recent that i am getting some sleep.(3~4 hours.)

usually it's between 4~5:00am that i get some sleep. have to get up early in the morning, because i really need some sleep.

has been sleep deprived for 10 months.

Hi,

Melatonan is what governs the 24 hour sleep cycle.

It usually peeks as it go's from day to night and you feel sleepy.

So, if you have a daily cycling problem, it's eather some kind of result from something you're taking at a particular time of day, or it's related to that melatonan cycle.

Will be interesting to find out what it is!

Hi,

Melatonan is what governs the 24 hour sleep cycle.

It usually peeks as it go's from day to night and you feel sleepy.

So, if you have a daily cycling problem, it's eather some kind of result from something you're taking at a particular time of day, or it's related to that melatonan cycle.

Will be interesting to find out what it is!

hi surprised,

the cycle which i am going through now was always there while i was taking benzo.

vitamin C, magnesium, and benadryl was taken after getting out of benzo. so, these did not effect the cycle.

Hi,

Ok, The little I know about the melatonan cycle, and anyone else who knows more is obviously welcome to correct me, is that melatonon is the endorphine that triggers onset of night time sleep.

in the evenning as light into the eye drops away, melatonan levels rise, and you naturally get tired and can go to sleep.

In the morning once your sleep time has finished, you get an adrenaline hit, and the melatonan gets turned into serotanan for day time use.

I believe that vit-d among other things are important in this part of the cycle.

In some countries in extreme north or south latitudes, people can suffer depression due to to little sunlight,(sads) seasonal affect disorder.

The light that has the most effect on the cycle seems to be a blue-green, around 490NM, and you can get lights to mimic this if you don't get much sun naturally.

Low vit-d seems to cause depression in many people during winter, as the seratonan levels don't get to what they should.

Supplements do seem to be very helpful for this.

There's loads about this around the web, but it is looking as if somehow your nasty little night time waves might be some kind of odd reaction to melatonan.

Do you get a similar problem if you were to take a melatonan at a different time?

hi lc,

i took melatonin only few times in the past. usually around 10:00pm. it didn't help my sleep.

did not take it any other day. in fact, i have experimented again last night. took melatonin at 10:00pm and did not help.

during a day time, i get enough sun light by walking and hiking.