can this get worse?

[sp...]

Hi there,

went to doc today and he is going to lay complaint with health authorities  about care I received when on meds and in coming off and is also laying a claim with the government for a treatment injury.  Feel pleased about this but still going through hell and he isn´t really reassuring. I thinkhe had heard of benzo w/d but not seen a lot of it.  He said that after 9months he doesn´t think it likely Iĺl have a seizure now - I hope hes right.  Have developed eye twitch in last few days and face cheeks twitching also.  Assume this is part of it. 

Question for you all- the last 2-3 really bad w/d flares (lasting 2-3weeks each) have been really bad,particularly  the head pain and feeling really, really strange with lots ofhead rushes.    along with allmyusual symptoms of electric shocks.pain. feet jerking, anxiety, crying etc.  Get really low during these flares and find it hard to function - cant shower without help, cant even hop in car to go down to school to get kids (with my dad driving).  Has anyone else who has come off over-rapidly experienced worseing flare ups or is this just where I am and it doesnt mean these will continue to get worse.

Appreciate any thoughts and support - maybe myanxiety is still around - im starting to dread the next major flare up.  Dont feel i can go through another really bad round. Guess imjust feeling fragile.

Theresa-thanksfor advice re camomile tea- used 2 bags last night and although stillusing small amount of valerian as tapering off slowly, went to sleep reasonably fast. Thanks-will keep doing.

Hi Spring,

Ct, and over rapid tapers tend to cause more drawn-out post wd symptoms in some cases. So what you are going thru is not unusual. I don't believe you will get worse. You may just go thru these flare-up for a bit more time. But you do have better periods in between and that is what is important.

Try not to be so afraid of these bad periods though, as that will worsen them. YOu might want to try some mind techniques like meditation and yoga. These will not only lessen the symptoms, but help you deal with and accept the ones you may still have for a bit longer. You will heal, really.

Here is a very calming guided meditation

http://www.benzobuddies.org/buddiesguide/insomnia-aid

Linda :)

Hi Linda,

Thanks heaps for meditation will definitely use.  Just have to work on the fear.  I thinkbeing able to post here next flare upwill help - just knowing you are not going mad and what Iam experiencing others have had and it went should help fear. Thanks heaps.

spring  x

We are her for you Spring. You can rant and holler and cry all you want, and we'll understand. Trust me, we really do understand!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: