hi, I'm new

[ha...]

Thankyou for the welcome and help with figuring out how to do this. Wow ,Don't really know how to start. I've had 3 back surgery in 4 yrs. My neurosurgeon gave vicodin for pain and klonopin0.5 for the nerve damage. told me to take one at bedtime to help with the firing in my leg. Never really thought much about it until my brother in law went through withdrawals from his migraine medshe was on for 17yrs. Anyways I've been taking this for 3 1/2 yrs. I have stopped taking it for a week at time while on vacation and forgot them or if I had the flu.I also had two other surgeries and didn't take them for those weeks without problems. But now I have read horrible stories on the web and see what I am taking and I'm scared to death. I cut my does to a half about 5 days ago and feel kind of light headed today. I don't want to take these anymore but am sort of afraid to stop. I don't want to go through withdrawals. Also i have never taking more than I wastold which is the one a day. Is this a high does? I need to hear something positive. This is the only positive site out there. It's nice that you're here. What would suggest. Thanks

Hi haljes,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! Some people do not have problems coming off these drugs. The ones that do often come here for help. Although you are on a low dose, klonopin is a very powerful drug. You have already cut your dose by 50% five days ago, sometimes w/d symptoms don't show up for up to 14 days. If you feel okay by then, I would only recommend cutting the half in half and taking that for one to two weeks. We usually recommend a 10% reduction of your total dose over 7-14 days, but you have already done a first reduction. If you start feeling worse in the next few days, you can always up your dose back to 3/4 of a tablet and wait 7-14 days until you reduce again. If you need any additional help, just let us know. Others may be by to share their experiences, so check back again. Take care and hang in there! You'll be fine.

T2 :smitten:

Hi haljes,

Welcome!  It sounds like you are going to come off these without too much trouble.  :yippee:  T2 gave you some good advice, and she is right Klonopin is a very strong drug, it's better to come off it sooner than later because it almost always causes a lot of problems in the end.

We're here for you... :thumbsup:

Ts

Thankyou for your answers. I just wrote a new topic to say thisbecause I didn't see the rply button.Not great on computers. Anyways Idon't know that I'm doing this right. I just know I don't want to take it anymore. I need the support and the help you offer. I've worked myself up and i'm afraid of what will come.I would like to do this the right way. I hope it will be a smooth road. Thankyou for giving me someone to talk to. You'll probaly see both thes posts. Again sorry for that. I've done this before.

Hi haljes,

Noticed that you're on line, just wondering how you are doing? Just let us know if you have any questions, okay?

T2 :smitten:

Hi Haljes,

How are you feelign since you cut your med in half? I was on Ativan 2.5mg and have cut to a 1/4 of my dose for 5 days now. It's early days but i'm sleeping well (although I;ve been gettign nightmares) and have still been able to work.  So not everyone gets horrible w/d, try not to worry about them as that will jsut make you anxious. Stay postive!!

Hi djc and t2,

I'm doing ok. Haven't felt well this week but neither have my kids so, i'm hoping it's just something going around my house. but you're right. It's hard to tell if it's wd's or in my head. Believe me i'm one to make myself anxious. I even go to meditation classes once a week you'd think I know better.I'd like to cut my pill to a 1/4. but i'm kind of afraid.Like I said i've gone without them for about a week before and didn't really notice.So maybe Iwouldn't have or maybe in another week i would have. That's the part in my head driving me nuts. I don't want to get sick. I can't take days off. In my heart I think I'll be ok. It's just you just don't want them anymore and hate youself for putting it in your mouth. Makes you feel weak, even though you know it the safe way to stop.Sorry I'm rambling. it feels good to talk and just kind of say whats going on in your head. thanks for listening.

Hi Haljes,

I hear what you are sayign about not beign able to take time off work. For me that is my biggest source of anxiety - that I won't be able to sleep and will have to have yet another sick day.  I'm going to change my attitude about work - it's not as important as my health and if I'm sick than so be it!  After cutting my dose by 3/4 last week I coudl only get 28 hours done but i am happy to have been able to go to work at all!  I would say take it slow and stick to a plan. Good luck!