Dakota Tapering

I have been taking 2 mil of Klonopin tid since Dec. of 2000.  I want to get off them but I don't know how to taper.  I've thought about going cold turkey but I'm afraid to.[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Hi Dakota,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies. There are three choices for taper...dry cutting, titration and substitution. You may want to start out dry cutting, get a pill cutter from the drug store and get the smallest dose available in klonopin (.50mg) We recommend reducing around 10% off your total dose over a 7-14 day period. You may want to take a look at our stepping off guide at the following link....if you have any more questions, please feel free to start your own thread by clicking Planning Your Taper and the click "new topic" and start your own thread. Hang in there, you will find many others that will offer their suggestions and experiences. Cold Turkey is NEVER a good idea! Please read the BenzoGuide area above.

Here's the stepping off link..

http://www.benzobuddies.org/buddiesguide/tables/stepping-off

Hi Dakota,

If you use the forum search function, you should find quite a number of our members that have created huge problems for themselves by quitting cold turkey. A controlled taper is the only way to go.

Hi

In my opinion dont even think about a cold turkey. At least see  how you respond to a small  reduction first.

Bobers

I've thought about going cold turkey but I'm afraid to.[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Cold turkey is not a good option and it really is something to be afraid of.  Like Colin says, a controlled taper is the only way to go, it's much safer and smoother process.