HELP! Terrible morning anxiety

[...]

I have the worst, I mean worst morning anxiety: shaking, shivering, terrible.  Been on temazepam for a few months and cutting.  This anxiety thing is debilitating.  Think I also cut too fast on the Temaz.  Also, have horrible tinnitus. 

Any advice?  The anxiety almost keeps me bedridden.  Feel sick to my stomach.  Anyone else have this? 

Thanks!

Many of us do have the same thing - no easy answers for you I wish I did have one I would use it for myself.  Sometimes you have to just ride it out and hope it gets better.  Good thoughts being sent to you. 

Hello Goga,

Don't try to taper too fast.  I had the worst, over the moon, morning anxiety when

I tried to go cold turkey off clonazepam.  I didn't know any better and had no idea

what was happening to me which made it worse.  I had to reinstate and start over

with a taper plan of sorts.  |The anxiety during my taper was rough but never as bad

as when I tried c/t.

Hope you feel better soon,

Ringo

goga,

I  am experiencing  it  Right  Now!  I  just  want  to  jump  out  of  my  body. This  is  unbelievable.  There  is  a  pose  in  restorative  yoga  that  forces  the  lungs  to  expand and  it  really does  calm  you  down.  Place  your  head  and  back  on  the  floor  while  leaning  your  bum  and  legs  against  the  wall. You  are  upside down. Give  it  a  try  if  you  can. Hope  things  calm  down  for  the  both  of  us.

Hi Ashses: Did you have any ear problems in your taper or withdrawl?  I am having back T & H.  It's hard to take.  Went from 30mg of Temazepam nightly to 15mg.  Wondering if I need to go back up.  The hyperacusis is really hard to handle.

goga,

Knock  on  wood -  I  have  not  had  ear  problems  during  all  of  this.  It's  about  the  only  thing  I  haven't  had.  My  heart  goes  out  to  you  to  have  to  endure  this.  As  far  as  dropping  your  dose  I  am  not  familiar  with  the  equivalent  of  that  drug  to  Valium  so  I  can  not  advise  as  well  as  I'd  like.  I  can  say  that  when  I  made  a  cut  that  was  too  big  I  would  not  cut  again  until  things  calmed  down  a  bit.

goga, did you have anxiety before starting on benzos, and was it as bad as it is now? What dose Temazepam did you start out on and what are you at now and how often are you tapering?

HI teesmith: Yes, I had anxiety and insomnia before starting Temaz.  I started at 15, went up to 30, now I am back down to 15.  I am having lots of ear problems--Tinnitus and bad hyperacusis:  Took 9 days of Lexapro but stopped as I was having horrible symptoms.  That was 1 month ago.  Not sure if I can handle the T & H, its quite bad.  Thinking I need to take something for it....any suggestions? or should I just ride it out and pray it gets better.

GOGA

Hi, goga,

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. 

One thing I found helped me with the morning anxiety was to eat a snack before bed and first thing in the morning, before my feet hit the ground.  Helped keep my blood sugar more stable.  I had morning anxiety for a couple of months after my cold turkey, and it did eventually get much better. 

Also, I don't know what your taper looks like, but agree with RingoandJayJay, no need to hurry.    A taper can be adjusted if you're having a really tough time of it.    How fast did you taper from 30 down to 15?

Sunnyside

Hi sunnyside: I went overnight almost from 30 to 15 from bad advice of doc.  Thanks for the advice on anxiety.  Its been 2 weeks since I dropped from 30 to 15....should have known better.  Think I should updose?  Major ear problems: Tinnitus and Hyperacusis.  I will try your advice on the anxiety.  I appreciate your feedback.

GOGA