? about my 5 MG Valium

My ? is, I'm at 8.5 MG Valium. 4 MG in the AM and 4.5 MG in the PM. I have a lot of 5 MG pills. Does anyone think it would be a problem if at my night dose I used 1/2 of a 5 MG Valium plus a 2 MG Valium for my 4.5 dose? I cant see where this would be a problem but thought I would see what others thought about it.

Thanks bunches

Love Jackie :)

As long as your 2's and 5's are the same brand of Valium and you split the 5 precisely, there couldn't be much of a problem, if any, I'd say.

You may have inter-dosal withdrawals considering you're lowering one dose significantly. If you do, you'll get used to it. When I was at 8mg, I took a 2mg pill 4X a day. Then cut one in half every time I cut.

No, she won't be lowering her dose. Her evening dose will still be 4.5mg.

I don't see a problem. The only thing I would suggest is that you make sure you use up the other half for the next dose because the halves won't be exactly equal, so using them consecutively should even things out.

My ? is, I'm at 8.5 MG Valium. 4 MG in the AM and 4.5 MG in the PM. I have a lot of 5 MG pills. Does anyone think it would be a problem if at my night dose I used 1/2 of a 5 MG Valium plus a 2 MG Valium for my 4.5 dose? I cant see where this would be a problem but thought I would see what others thought about it.

Thanks bunches

Love Jackie :)

This is exactly what the author of "The Benzo Book" did, and it is what he recommends.

Diazepam is Diazepam is Diazepam. One of the advantages of this drug is that it is available in both 5mg and 2mg doses for mix and match during taper. They don't need to be from the same manufacturer.

You may have inter-dosal withdrawals considering you're lowering one dose significantly. If you do, you'll get used to it. When I was at 8mg, I took a 2mg pill 4X a day. Then cut one in half every time I cut.

Read what Professor Heather Ashton says on this issue. Because of the duration of action of Diazepam, taking it twice a day is all she recommends. In fact, if you look at her taper schedules, she drops to once per day near the end.

Taking Diazepam four times a day may have a Psychological or "placebo" value for some, but is not necessary. My experience is consistent with Professor Ashton's experience. In fact, when I make a cut I don't feel it for three to five days.

The bottom line is that there are no interdose withdrawal symptoms with Diazepam. Our minds often play tricks on us when in a vulnerable state.

Of course 4 doses per day will not hurt anything even though it is overkill and not necessary. The drawback is the trouble with preparing four doses a day and the difficulty of dividing small doses into four parts near the end of taper.

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, everyone. Just to clear things up I have been dosing 2 times a day since my c/o to 40 MG V. I will not be changing 2 times a day doses because it works for me. I do know someone who followed Ashton and went to 1 time a day. It was not good for him and so he went back to twice.

I just have all these 5 MG pills and thought I might as well use them. Diaz, I agree and will use the other 1/2 the next night. I do that with my 2 MG when I brake them in 1/2. I just wanted to be sure before I did this tonight.

I really appreciate all the replies. Your good people! Have a great day!

Love Jackie :smitten:

For those of you who say there is no interdose withdrawal with valium: you are WRONG! While Valium has a long half life, its activity period can vary greatly depending on individual metabolism. For me, I really feel interdosal withdrawals around 8 hpurs after my dose. Some days it's as fast as 5 hours. The half lufe is how long it's in your system, NOT how long it's active. I've had 3 benzo-wise docs confirm this.

Hey Jacks,

Here is that chart I've been hoarding from Trap days. I did exactly what you're proposing to do. It worked well.  Good luck!

:smitten:

Flip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10mg: Two 5mg tablets (5mg + 5mg=10mg)

9.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg + 1mg + .5mg = 9.75mg)

9.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (5mg + 2.5mg + 2mg = 9.5mg)

9.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg + 1mg =9.25mg)

9mg: One 5mg tablet, two 2mg tablets (5mg + 2mg + 2mg = 9mg)

8.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg + .5mg =8.75mg)

8.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 2.5mg + .5mg = 8.5mg)

8.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg = 8.25mg)

8mg: One 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 2mg + 1mg = 8mg)

7.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 1mg + .5mg = 7.75mg)

7.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 5mg tablet (5mg + 2.5mg = 7.5mg)

7.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg+ 1mg = 7.25mg)

7mg: One 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (5mg + 2mg = 7mg)

6.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + .5mg = 6.75mg)

6.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1mg + .5mg = 6.5mg)

6.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg = 6.25mg)

6mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1mg = 6mg)

5.75mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (2.5mg +1.25mg + 2mg = 5.75mg) 

5.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + .5mg = 5.5mg)

5.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, two 2mg tablets (1.25mg + 2mg + 2mg = 5.25mg)

5mg: One 5mg tablet 

4.75mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (2.5mg + 1.25mg + 1mg = 4.75mg)

4.5mg: Two 2mg tablets, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (2mg + 2mg + .5mg = 4.5mg)

4.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 2mg + 1mg = 4.25mg)

4mg: Two 2mg tablets (2mg + 2mg = 4mg)

3.75mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 2mg +.5mg = 3.75mg)

3.5mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (2.5mg + 1mg = 3.5mg)

3.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 2mg = 3.25mg)

3mg: One 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (2mg + 1mg = 3mg)

2.75mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 1mg + .5mg = 2.75mg) 

2.5mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet

2.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 1mg = 2.25mg)

2mg: One 2mg tablet

1.75mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + .5mg = 1.75mg)

1.5mg: ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1mg + .5mg = 1.5mg)

1.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet

1mg: ½ of a 2mg tablet

Thanks Flip, man I got slammed today with digestive crap and a host of other stuff. Did you have digestive problems? I'm calming down now a little. Still burping. I know that sounds bad, but its the truth. Crappy, crappy day! I even tried to stay busy then it attacked my back and body :tickedoff:

Sorry, had to let it out. So what I'm doing is finishing up my 5 mg pills starting tonight. I'm going to hold this cut a full 14 days and see if that helps. I think I'm just freaking because I didn't sleep well last night and today being so bad. No rhyme or reason to my cuts at all. I never know what days Ill get hit.

I See Laura came to visit you today. She sounds really good and energetic. What a doll! And your having a Birthday tomorrow?  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: Hope you have something good planned :) Your doing pretty good too despite the woo woo stuff and the shingles. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sticking around and helping those of us that are still tapering it means alot.

Love Jackie :smitten:

Oh, Jackie, I had HUGE digestive issues. Mine was mostly this intense burning like my insides were on fire and I had this itching like I needed to scratch my intestines. Sometimes eating helped, which is prolly why I got so fat. Every time I felt bad (which was most of the time) I wanted to eat something. But I'm so happy to say it just isn't there anymore. Honest.

The last time I wrote it in my top 5 symptoms was last August and I was down to less than half a mg at that time. I haven't had it since I got off.

Tomorrow is a doctor day for my mom so we won't be celebrating much. But I'm sure we will manage a meal out somewhere.

Thanks for the good wishes, my friend!

:smitten:

Flip

8.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg = 8.25mg)

Ok, so according to the chart that Flip left if I decide my next cut to be 8.25 then since I'm dosing twice a day it would look like this?

Morning dose- 2, 2 MG pills = 4 mg

Night dose- 1-2mg pill, 1/2- 2mg pill, 1/4-5 mg pill =4.25 mg

Is this right?

Just getting another set of eyes and brains on this.

Thanks Jackie :smitten: