About read to snap and have a meltdown

Geez Lou,

That's awful and I honestly feel your pain.  I agree with you when you say some people just want to categorise us into baskets and take the easy route by giving us vitamins or telling us to stay off gluten or whatever the case may be. 

It gets 'crazy' demoralising at times. 

I am to the point now that I don't know what way is up.  You read this, you read that, nearly all of it conflicts.  It's like some warped maze with no map and no instructions.

All you can do is just try to put one foot in front of another and hope for the best.  You are not alone, we are all in our own little boats desperately trying to navigate to the shoreline.

For what's it worth, I ate one very small piece of dark goji berry sugarless chocolate yesterday and am in the wave from hell today.  I kind of cannot believe a piece of chocolate would cause a wave.  But really who knows with this?

Chin up Lou.

Staffy

Hey Staffy,

I know how you feel. I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm just trying to pick myself back up now and keep going. It's amazing how vitamins can make you feel so deathly ill.

I'm sorry you had such a bad reaction to the dark goji berry chocolate. I have some pure goji berry juice I bought a few months ago. I've been afraid to try and now I know that would be a mistake. Thanks for sharing your experience.  I hope you feel better soon.

Love,

Lou

Hi Lou,

I read an article the other day about how vitamins are not as wonderful as the medical community originally thought. Apparently, since our bodies are used to pulling nutrients from food, it is confusing to the body to use synthesized vits.  In wd our bodies are even more sensitive and confused so it makes some sense.

Are you feeling better?

Hi gettingthere,

Yes, it's calming down a bit. I ate lunch and the food seemed to help. I'm just waiting for the nausea and diarrhea to pass and I'm hoping the head symptoms will be better by tomorrow. I think you're right about vitamins. It seems like it's very hard for us to absorb vitamin supplements. We need to our best to try to get our vitamins from what we eat. I read that we can't really absorb vitamin D supplements either. The sun is the best provider of this especially since vitamin D goes in through our eyes and our ears. I know when I'm out in the sun I feel energized and at the same time more at peace.

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the support.  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lou,

I'm sorry you had to deal with a nitwit like that.  Sounds like that nutritionist is so caught up in her own world, she is a "hypochondriac".

At times with these "so called" experts, I'd like to tell them to blow it out their sound end!!  How they talk to one and all, roll their crazy eyes, like we are the nutty ones.... I'd like to pull their hair out of their heads, open their bloody mouths and pour liquid benzos down their throats. Now that I got that of my chest...  ;)

Lou, almost everyone in our society are Vit D deficient... sunscreen and no one outdoors like they should be.  My hubby was diagnosed with that, given the Vit D... the insomnia went through the roof.  Now, he sits out in the sun everyday 15-20 and no sunscreen.  His Vit D has returned to normal. As far as other Vits... I could not take anything when I went through this, and my hubby the same. 

The key, is just eating balanced with good foods, as much as you can.  As another bb posted to a thread, even if you can only handle frozen meals at this time, that is better then nothing.

This journey is one hell of a nightmare for one and all.  I can only say, "I promise you" you will heal and have this behind you.  My hubby is almost 26 months out, and he's 95% healed.  He never thought he'd get to where he is at.  I healed, he's almost totally healed, all Success Stories from other bbs prove that. 

Hang in their dear friend, and pooh to that crazy nutritionist! 

Hugs, Pattylu

Hi Lou,

I'm sorry you had to deal with a nitwit like that.  Sounds like that nutritionist is so caught up in her own world, she is a "hypochondriac".

At times with these "so called" experts, I'd like to tell them to blow it out their sound end!!  How they talk to one and all, roll their crazy eyes, like we are the nutty ones.... I'd like to pull their hair out of their heads, open their bloody mouths and pour liquid benzos down their throats. Now that I got that of my chest...  ;)

Lou, almost everyone in our society are Vit D deficient... sunscreen and no one outdoors like they should be.  My hubby was diagnosed with that, given the Vit D... the insomnia went through the roof.  Now, he sits out in the sun everyday 15-20 and no sunscreen.  His Vit D has returned to normal. As far as other Vits... I could not take anything when I went through this, and my hubby the same. 

The key, is just eating balanced with good foods, as much as you can.  As another bb posted to a thread, even if you can only handle frozen meals at this time, that is better then nothing.

This journey is one hell of a nightmare for one and all.  I can only say, "I promise you" you will heal and have this behind you.  My hubby is almost 26 months out, and he's 95% healed.  He never thought he'd get to where he is at.  I healed, he's almost totally healed, all Success Stories from other bbs prove that. 

Hang in their dear friend, and pooh to that crazy nutritionist! 

Hugs, Pattylu

Hi Pattylu,

I loved how you said this. You have a wonderful sense of humor. It does feel good to get those things off our chest some times. That was great ! You really made me laugh. She was a knitwit.....totally clueless about how to talk to people and she was a bit of hypochondriac. I'm not going to live in fear of food or anything else anymore. Life is too short !!

It makes sense that most people would be have a Vitamin D deficiency. My insomnia was bad too when I took Vitamin D. That's so great that your husband gets out in the sun every day. I was inside a lot when I was on benzos and at work or in school. Now, I try to get out in my garden or I take my dogs to the beach and walk  in the sun a few times a week. It really helps my mood and my dogs love it. I've heard bad things about sunscreen and how it can be toxic and how it blocks Vitamin D so I don't use it anymore.

I agree eating balanced meals is the best way to go. You can't worry about  vitamins and supplements when you're going through this. We are just too sensitive.

That is wonderful that you are healed and your husband is 95% healed. What a wonderful couple you are to have gone through this journey not once but twice and now you're both almost fully healed. That is terrific ! You guys are the best success story I've heard yet. I bet this has brought you guys closer together. What an inspiration you both are !

I really appreciate you posting this. It's so important to hear from people who have healed or who are close to healing. It really gives me hope and motivation to keep going. I can't thank you enough and yes.....Pooh Pooh to that silly nutritionist ! Ha ha

Thanks again....you're very sweet Pattylu.  :smitten: :smitten:

Love and Hugs,

Lou

Lou-

My perspective on this is that the bottom line is that we just have to ride it out until our bodies repair themselves by growing a healthy, properly functioning nervous system again.

If we seek practitioners and doctors to help with our benzo withdrawal symptoms, we can very easily end up doing something that is counter productive.

You have to remember that what is wrong with is that we have fundamentally altered our nervous system by taking benzos for longer than 4 weeks, and this nervous system  has to grow back to its natural, properly functioning structure.

No amount of crap pumped into us will override a malfunctioning brain.

I think that a healthy diet that supports nerve regeneration is an excellent approach, but I am wary of quick fixes by people who do not understand what the original problem is.

If I did what my doctor told me to do, I would be crazier than an out house mouse right now.

River

Hi Riverwolf,

Crazy than a house mouse....I can relate to that. You're funny.

I agree with you about health practitioners. I've seen so many docs while in wd and while on benzos and other meds and most of them....okay probably all of them had no clue as to what was going on. All they would do was add meds or add supplements or give the wrong advice.

I hate having to convince a doc or educate them about this. I haven't seen one yet who is open to learning about this. I usually walk away feeling like I explained it wrong or that they weren't listening well or that they thought I was just being a hypochondriac.

I've always tried to be my own advocate but it's still a struggle. I'm very leery about supplement and vitamins too. I think our bodies and our minds need to heal on their own. We can't rush this healing process. It only makes things more uncomfortable and usually sets us back a little or a lot.

I'm learning that I have to change a lot of the behaviors I learned while on benzos. My mind has these unhealthy ways of thinking and behaving from those meds. I'm pacing myself more in all aspects of life. This may be a hard process but I'm only going to make it harder on myself if I fight and struggle as a I go.

I appreciate your post River. I hope you're doing well.

Hugs,

Lou