Anything to Help.ADs etc

[ti...]

Is there anything I can take to help with depression and anxiety while on benzos and coming off.I am going through a horrible seperation with a person I love very much and it is undescribable.I don't feel like I can handle it.I have tried Lexapro and Paxil, both gave me akathisia.I tried prozac(only 6 days), but felt trapped in my head and anxiety was much worse.I was on effexor 3 months and anxiety was worse plus migraines.I have a script for Zoloft and I am scared to death it will give me akathisia.

Is there anything anyone knows of that may be more mild or not be as bad with benzos and withdrawal.I really need some help.I'm sfraid I'm going to end up in a mental institution.I have been at my current dose of .75 mg k for almost 2 weeks after a ct reinstatement.I feel the same as I did on it.It never really helped much.I'm very depressed and severly anxious, especially after waking up.My psych wants me on something to combat anxiety/depression before I try to get off k given my situation, but I'm so afraid.

Hi Tiffj,

Sorry I don't have that much experience with a/ds. I took zoloft for 4 weeks for anxiety and it caused more anxiousness for me, but you know that these drugs effect everybody different. That is why the drs keep prescribing different ones to see which one works best for that particular person.  Some people take a/ds and have no problem with them. Others may stop by and give you their experience so hang in there, okay?

T2

There is something called Deplin you might look into. You can google it. No guarantees that it would help, but it might be worth a try. I don't believe it is harmful.

Tiff,

I am really so sorry to hear you and your partner are seperating  :-\  I wondered why you hadn't replied to the depression thread from a while back. Sounds like you really need major support just now.

Please don't go to bits. Please be strong. This is a real test for you. I'm sorry I don't know what else to say... I can't really recommend any anti-depressants either.... (Did you never cross over to valium then?) The 2 anti-depressants I was on didn't really help me that much when I was in the midst of moving house on a valium taper due to problems with a psycho neighbour.

Maybe trazodone would help you - this is just a maybe - It helped me when I first took it - it stopped me from feeling suicidal for a few months anyway and helped calm me down and sleep. I didn't stay on it for too long though as it did start to have other side effects with me. Maybe it would help you through the worst of what you must be feeling just now.

This really is the last thing you need. We don't need these stresses when we are messed up with benzos. We really don't.

Be easy on yourself, thinking of you  :-*

Hey tiff. Sorry your still having a rough time.

To answer your question about ad's, I on 3 meds besides ativan. Lamictal, abilify, and effexor. I dont think these have helped me at all. I didnt go on them for wd (postpartum depression and anxiety). I'm having a rough time lately, I tried to cut my abilify down, a med that my doctor assured me that wouldnt be hard to come off of, yeah right! I've been very depressed, anxious, very out of it. I dread  the day when I have to start tapering off of the rest of my meds.

If you really feel the need to go on something then you can try but alot of people dont benefit from ad's while wd'ing. And then there's one more drug to taper off of when your done with the benzo.

Whatever you decide we're here for you! Dont be scarce!

Amanda  :smitten:

I haven't crossed or started to taper yet because I think I may need something to help me in my situation.I'm losing it.I know there are no sure bets with ads, but anything that would help in the slightest.Especially now.