Extreme Fatigue

I'm having a really hard time with extreme fatigue. I got adrenal fatigue supplements and they aren't doing anything, I can barely walk, barely lift anything, feel horribly shaky and weak. I'm so sick of this. I can barely talk I'm soo tired.

My fatigue is bad too. I had been able to go to the gym and workout everyday but now I just don't feel up to doing much of anything. I'm exhausted from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed.

I'm so sorry you're struggling too.

Hugs,

Lou

I think it's hard to have any energy when there is little motivation to do things after dealing with all the stuff tapering and withdrawals bring to the plate.

When I was early in withdrawals I didn't want to do anything because I didn't think I could.  I was too freaked out.

It took all my energy.  I was constantly fighting for a sense of normalcy in the middle of utter insanity.  Moments of clarity were hard to come by, and exhausting to get to....

This has improved significantly.      :)

This is more like zombie fatigue, I can't lift anything can move, my eyes are closing as I'm talking. I meant to say what is going on in our brains that causes such debilitating fatigue?

You had been improving before the wine, no? I had been improving too but was then exposed to a FQ Eye drop antibiotic 3.5 weeks ago, had a severe reaction and the fatigue and muscle weakness (esp. In my arms) is sooooo bad again. They shake just brushing my hair-feels like lactic acid-as if I just worked out. I was so tired I was in bed all day yesterday. NOOO energy. Prior to the toxic exposure, I was shopping, playing with the kids, making meals, getting out! FQ antibiotics mess with GABA, as does alcohol. It's all about our sensitive GABA and severly compromised CNS.

I have been like this for over 2 weeks, I'm sooo tired I'm a zombie and I'm shaking like crazy too!

I know it's scary. Do your arms burn like you just lifted weights? Our mitochondria is not renewing and giving us normal energy so our body has to use lactic acid-which is our backup energy system and not efficient. Order the book "minding my mitochondria" by Terry Wahls. No alcohol either for at least 1-2 years (but I know you won't listen cause you never do-prove me wrong!!) I don't know why some of us are hit in this area but it sucks. It is drug induced CFS. Check out that book. There is hope I think.  :thumbsup:

Tina I have had this burning in my arms. Exactly as you describe, like you lifted a heavy weight and fatigued the muscle... Only your muscle is at rest and the feeling stays. I have made several posts a while back about this. And we allready know I have the crippling, unexplainable fatigue that scares the living day lights ou of me. I have battled with this sx for at least six months. It is the worst fatigue I have ever fel

Wesly-

Check out that book by Terry Wahls. "Minding my Mitochondria". I want to follow the diet but can't since i am still tapering Valium and the cruciferous veggies will mess with the drug's steady rate in my bloodstream and might adversely affect my taper. As soon as I finish this taper I am going to follow the diet. She cured herself of MS. Read about her-it's fascinating.

By the way my arms are fatigued and burning/weak just holding my iPhone up. Was not this bad before the Cipro-so frustrated.

Tina I have had this burning in my arms. Exactly as you describe, like you lifted a heavy weight and fatigued the muscle... Only your muscle is at rest and the feeling stays. I have made several posts a while back about this. And we allready know I have the crippling, unexplainable fatigue that scares the living day lights ou of me. I have battled with this sx for at least six months. It is the worst fatigue I have ever fel

Thank you Tina I will look into her book  I had heard of her and her battle with MS. At this point I would try anything if it might help.

BMWZW--you asked why?

I (personally) think that what happens to some of us is that benzo w/d (and alcohol, FQ antibiotics, etc., etc.) causes oxidative stress which in turn damages our mitochondria--which are the power plants of our cells and what gives us ENERGY.  I think we may have a genetic predisposition to this (inherited through out mother's side) that was triggered during this severely stressful time.

I think this is a commercial site selling supplements, but hopefully the admins won't inactive the link since I am just referring to the informative article which discusses this phenomenon and supplements that (may?) help.  There are a lot of references at the bottom so it seems like it's based on quite a bit of research.  I also believe that diet plays a big part--possibly in lieu of the supplements (like Dr. Terry Wahls discusses).

I would like to think that this is a temporary condition and that the mitochondria can regenerate over time (I hope!).  I believe this is the case because I WAS seeing improvements in my energy until I got hit with the Cipro.  Wesly, I know you were seeing improvements as well.  And BMWZW--I know you were improving until the wine.  The improvements are so slow that they are imperceptible, but I think we can all get there if we take really good care of our bodies.

http://www.vrp.com/energizers/energizers/fatigue-fighting-nutrients-enhancing-energy-levels-through-mitochondrial-support

Disclaimer--I am not a doctor or naturopath and really am just trying to figure this out myself as you are, but you already know that!!  :D

Guys, I'm having a really hard time with my fatigue, it's so bad right now, my eyes Are closing arms are soo weak and legs feel like they are going to give out. I haven't had a drink in about 3 weeks, I have been eating healthy and I'm on adrenal Fatigue supplements(day 5) and my body aches badly and eyes are always closing yet I can't fall asleep! I feel like I'm always going to be stuck like this.

Sorry to hear that BMWZW.  Glad you are off the alcohol.  I feel the same way as you do.  Sleep is erratic--couldn't sleep past 5 am this morning.  But feeling achy, so fatigued and have a toxic feeling.  Muscles in legs and arms also very weak.  Tough to function like this. 

Mine got much worse after the Cipro exposure.  Just wondering, have you ever taken Cipro, Levaquin or Avelox?  I have in the past and had no problems, but now after this whole benzo ordeal and recent horrendous experience with a tiny amount of Cipro, I am wondering if my past use of these antibiotics is contributing to the bad benzo w/d symptoms.  Apparently, they have a cumulative effect.  Hopefully you've never taken them.  I also feel like I'm always going to be stuck like this forever.  Were you better right before the alcohol?

Guys, I'm having a really hard time with my fatigue, it's so bad right now, my eyes Are closing arms are soo weak and legs feel like they are going to give out. I haven't had a drink in about 3 weeks, I have been eating healthy and I'm on adrenal Fatigue supplements(day 5) and my body aches badly and eyes are always closing yet I can't fall asleep! I feel like I'm always going to be stuck like this.

I have the fatigue too. I go to the gym and force myself to workout but then I collapse afterwards but I just can't take a nap. I feel like have CFS or adrenal fatigue. I hope it passes soon for you too BMWZW

Gym sounds great but foreign at this point!!!  LOL  My head symptoms and the fatigue is sooooo very hard to push through.  Great that you are able to do this:)  Hoping in due time we all will be at the gym on the treadmill!!!  Happy Healing:)

I can even think about the gym. I get exhausted taking a shower and getting dressed and have to lay down :(

Me too Tina;(  by the time I am showered...im exhausted, shaky, weak HR is up and my head sys are through the roof...I sooooo hate this.  I bareky do my hair these days let alone get dressed....

Man,i hear you.I just feel like laying down but have a business to run Luckily have good people in place!Hit tolerance and have been in w/ds for sometime!Back aches,feel so relaxed but no energy.Got to teach volunteer surf camp tomorrow,wish me luck!PS 5mg Valium in am and 5mg at nite for 2 years.&-8 years of xanax before that at 1mg.

I was doing slightly better today but then the deathly lack of energy set in and my body was so achy and flu like, shaky, thought I was going to pass out at one point.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]