anxiety, panic attacks and agrophobia during taper HELP PLEASE

[...]

Hi, I was last here as a result of trying to come of halazepam too quickly, I reinstated my 1/2 tablet dose of 20mg and eventually felt better after 1 mth i cut again to 15mg (very difficult to split these tablets any smaller) after 2 weeks i was having some withdrawal effects, now one month since the cut im having some good days punctuated by some really bad ones, the anxiety is making me afraid of doing everything, and I am now anxious about being anxious, im constantly checking how i feel. Should I stay on this dose longer or cut down to 10mg? I feel like im gonna feel like this until i get this crap out of my system. Ive never felt so bad before and dont know what to do.

I have been advised to take GABA has anyone had a positive experience with this? I see there are quite a few posts recommending people dont take it. ADVICE PLEASE I just want my life back, will I ever feel normal again? I was only on the pills 6 mths now is 8 mths including taper, I know that its a vicious circle between the withdrawal effects and fear of the effects but i cant break that cycle, I was told it is the chemicals leaving my body?  :'(

Hi VLP,

I've taken the GABA but I didn't have good results with it either. :(  This wd process is something that we have to go through to get to the end.  Some people start feeling better once their doses get lower and the body starts healing.

You will definitely feel normal again, it may not seem like it at this point but you will. :thumbsup:

Someone will be along shortly to advise you on your taper.  Hang in there!

Have you considered crossing over to 7.5 mg Valium? Pills come in 5 mg and 2 mg, plus you can even get liquid. You cut by 25% which is huge and therefore it's not surprising you are experiencing anxiety symptoms. If you cut another 5 mg that would be 33% and I suspect it would be even harder.

If I were in your shoes I'd think long and hard about alternatives before proceeding with another 5 mg cut.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW: Nice to meet you.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the advice but isnt it better to not replace one drug with another?  I don't know much about this so maybe it is a better option? I am in Spain and can only buy the pills in 40mg doses so each decrease dose seem so big in mgs. It seems so silly that one little pill can have such an effect!

VLP,

You may be able to use titration, by dissolving your current dose into a liquid form and removing a small amount each day. If this is an option, you will need to acquire a 100ml cylinder and post a request in titration tapers forum.

Hi, It is good to be back and reading the current blogs.  I am 8 weeks into cold turkey Klonopin withdrawal.  Had to take a week off from the site to battle an infection. 

I am still fighting the insomnia, tremors, scalp itching, and all of the other wd's effects.  Still can't spend much time in public as I am very unsure of myself.  Also, the panic attacks that will surface at any time.

Hope all of you are doing well and hanging in there!  We all will make it!

Does anybody of a like-site for Effexor XR withdrawal?  My daughter is going through a doc-directed taper and could really use some support.

I suspect there must be Effexor boards. If not then anti depressant boards who would know about it. Why don't you Google it?  :thumbsup:

Tony