cross over from ambien to klonipin for taper down

[...]

just wanting some suggestions for the dosing of the klonipin cross over from ambien.I have been taking the ambien for years at 12mg dose....what dose of the klonipin should I start at. I can't cut the ambien in half.

I eventually want to taper down to the least possible dose possible and still sleep.

thank you for your help

bizi

Hi Bizi,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! What size ambien tablets do you have? I believe ambien is available in 5mg and 10mg tables, so I was curious how you are taking 12mg? I believe that 20mg of ambien is equal to 10mg of valium and that being equal to .50mg klonopin, therefore, 10mg of ambien would be equal to .25 klonopin. If this is incorrect, someone will be by to correct my equivalencies. Please be aware that klonopin is a very strong benzo and you may become tolerant over a short time and require more to achieve the same effects and the longer you take them the harder it will be to get off of them. What is your doctor recommending as far as your crossover? If you want to get off of your sleep meds, you may try to acquire a pill splitter and slowly reduce your ambien at about 10% off your total dose every 7 to 14 days.

Others will be by to offer up their opinions, so just hang in there and check back.

T2  :smitten: